Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course (which IMO is a good thing—the FBI/NPPD keeping things under wraps will lessen the ways the defense can argue for a mistrial). I was just clarifying that DNA evidence and fingerprints are still circumstantial evidence and are given the same legal weight as, say, phone records that place someone in the area at the time of a crime. It is a common misconception that DNA/fingerprints are “hard” evidence when in reality they are circumstantial and can and have been used to both convict and acquit.

Im still fairly new here and haven't got the hang of the reply vs quote posts. My post was more of a reply to the person who said that there aren't any of BL's fingerprints on any evidence in this case. I agree that fingerprints can be circumstantial.

Last edited:
I am certainly not implying that BL is not the perpetrator, as I think he is.

But the prosecution does have the onerous task of dispelling any credible reasonable doubt that may be brought about by the defense. imo

Nobody needs that one juror, who may be swayed by the defense, to be swayed the wrong way.
But that one juror does not mean a not guilt verdict. I means a retrial for a hung jury.

Of course (which IMO is a good thing—the FBI/NPPD keeping things under wraps will lessen the ways the defense can argue for a mistrial). I was just clarifying that DNA evidence and fingerprints are still circumstantial evidence and are given the same legal weight as, say, phone records that place someone in the area at the time of a crime. It is a common misconception that DNA/fingerprints are “hard” evidence when in reality they are circumstantial and can and have been used to both convict and acquit.
Suppose the murder weapon would have required raising or lifting to take effect?
If it happened to have a smooth surface that magically provided evidence that only one person handled it but that the weight of the object was such that only the assailant could have welded it, everybody else being too small or short or weak or whatever?

And a hand print on her arm that shows while she’s sitting in the back of the cruiser.

Yes, I am sorry I forgot that. I posted my 2 cents, and wont go there again. Witnesses are sometimes wrong. That's all I wanted to convey.

I really really hope we are able to find something close to the truth. And justice for Gabby.

Agreed! Yet he was riding cross country in his girlfriend's van and doesn't even have a vehicle in his name. He drives mommy and daddy's car and lives under their roof. I think that we have all known a BL in our lifetime- a total loser who completely lacks self awareness and is perfectly content with riding the coat tails of others to get by. IMO.
It's been quite a while now, since this whole horror eventuated, and yet, the only people close to the epicentre seem to be women.. mothers, sisters, grandmas... one exception, Gabby's father, who's opinion of Brian was not exactly positive.

Where are Brian's male friends?.. his high school mates, his work mates, his sport and hobby pals?.. did this bloke go thru his entire life, 24 years, without ever connecting to another male at all?>.. why are they not telling us of what a great guy he is, how competent , how clever..what fun they had at tennis, or something like that.. it's weird.. not one male friend.

That episode of Brian and the Moab police was not Brian's first rodeo, or Gabby's.. what we saw there was par for the course, that was how it was. She somehow gains some sort of ascendancy over him, ( his perception, she probably isn't aware of it ) he builds it up into a supreme court case in his head, he does his block finally, and it doesn't matter where, public, private, , he then feels good for a few hours , he feels 'on top'.. till the next build up starts, meanwhile she is walking on endless eggshells, endless apologetic avoidance tactics, endless examination of her own behaviour that may deflect his frightful rages.

Thank you.
I was wrong.
here 'access devices' are small gadgets that provide an extra layer of security for online purchases or cash transfers.

Interesting the indictment and warrant have different numbers. 18 USC 1029 a 1 Warrant.
Indictment has the warrant has 18 USC 1029 a 2

Could any of our experts help us understand why there would be a deviation?

They both seem valid given what has been released?

The 911 caller stated BL was slapping her. She didn't tell LE. So yeah, she was covering for him.
I was so impressed by that 911 caller!
He had written the vehicle number down, he was being so conscientious in his reporting I felt it came from his very heart.
He also gave Despatch his name and contact details at the end of the call.

If we can’t mention it, just ignore this. In the timeline there is a mention of an incident with Gabby’s dad (are we talking about her stepdad? JP?) and LE. What was that about? Thx.

There was no 'Gabby's Dad incident'. That has been well and truly debunked.
Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing
ETA: snipped
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at her fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation, but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations

Last edited:
It's been quite a while now, since this whole horror eventuated, and yet, the only people close to the epicentre seem to be women.. mothers, sisters, grandmas... one exception, Gabby's father, who's opinion of Brian was not exactly positive.

Where are Brian's male friends?.. his high school mates, his work mates, his sport and hobby pals?.. did this bloke go thru his entire life, 24 years, without ever connecting to another male at all?>.. why are they not telling us of what a great guy he is, how competent , how clever..what fun they had at tennis, or something like that.. it's weird.. not one male friend.

Snipped by me.

It is weird. Early in the case I remember reading a short quote from a guy who knew BL in high school, but I can't seem to find it now to link for you. From memory it was essentially this fellow saying that he had been in some classes with Brian and he seemed like a nice, normal guy then; not exactly a ringing endorsement. And the interviewee was clear that he wasn't close friends with BL, they were just classmates and acquaintances six years ago. Other than that, you're right, nothing that I've seen from any friends, co-workers or pals.

Could it be that there is a total of 3 counts? (Regarding the 1 and the 2 on the warrant).

Interesting the indictment and warrant have different numbers. 18 USC 1029 a 1 Warrant.
Indictment has the warrant has 18 USC 1029 a 2

Could any of our experts help us understand why there would be a deviation?

They both seem valid given what has been released?

Not an expert, but 1 refers to counterfeit access devices and 2 refers to unauthorized access devices. An access device is defined in the statute to include a bank card. So the card was real and his use of it was unauthorized.

18 U.S. Code § 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

eta: it was a clerical mistake and was corrected from 1 to 2. There's a link about it upthread

I was so impressed by that 911 caller!
He had written the vehicle number down, he was being so conscientious in his reporting I felt it came from his very heart.
He also gave Despatch his name and contact details at the end of the call.
But LE, it seems did not bother to follow up on that call, just the one that showed her trying to get back in her van that he had locked her out of. I don't agree with the posters who say that they handled this situation well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288