Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they'll only find the body of BL. It would be a shame for Gabby's family and loved ones not to have answers, but I think he'll selfishly take them with him to the grave.
Only possible upside in this scenario may be that if there isn't a defendant to try, in the end, there may be more likelihood that evidence and circumstances that are able to be forensically pieced together will be made known, since they won't be keeping things under wraps for a trial... JMO

OK, thank you. So I'm just guessing here, so the FBI never had BL's DNA. And now, again just guessing, there was skin found under Gabbie's nails, and they're comparing that to BL's DNA, which is on the item removed from the parent's home.. OR maybe comparing semen, or blood found at the crime scene?
- Any samples found in the van may also be mixed with other DNA from GP (and other owner of the van.)
DNA samples from personal items in BL’s house could be more specifically “his”. Also they may be saying DNA when they are actually getting evidence for other purposes such as “prints”.

My thoughts too! Even if they got DNA from parents upon reporting him missing, it wouldn't have followed the proper chain of custody to be allowed in as evidence in a trial, so they had to go get a second sample.
I saw a blip about someone else being there with the FBI. I can't find it now.
A buccal swab can be done in 3 minutes by anyone who has done them umpteen times. Tagged and bagged - out the door.
But did I read they didn't even go inside the house?
Not sure about what went on.
All my opinion only.
MOO
It looked like the FBI stepped in, but I don't think they were in the home just that little porch area. They were looking for something that had Brian's DNA so they couldn't do a swab on him. It's just to be used for comparison to things that have been already found so it wouldn't necessarily need to have followed a chain of custody because once they catch Brian they can get another sample from him directly.

No, they won't open the door. They'll just call the police and ask for the person to be removed. Along with no heart, these people have no conscience.

This has probably been stated (I had to take a break for a while and still catching up), but it has to be miserable living in that house right now. The isolation, anxiety. Whether they know where he is (fear he'll be found) or they don't (fear that he's dead) - I don't think they truly contemplated the intensity of what would follow in their actions aimed at protecting their son. They valued Gabby so little, probably didn't expect the world would fight for her to such an unrelenting level. Wondering if they are wondering how long they will have to endure and if it's still worth it...

Like many of us I’ve lately had to hop and skip around the threads to catch up, and therefore have missed a lot of posts.
So, I’m another one to say that I don’t know if this has been posted or not…

I’m somewhat confused about the collection of DNA regarding Brian. Obviously his DNA would be all over Gabby for multiple reasons, some of which would be showered off if they could regularly find showers.

I understand the general importance of determining DNA beneath a victim’s fingernails, but how is that useful when it’s not an unknown assailant? Unless that’s the purpose, if they must rule out an unknown assailant even though we believe it’s BL and no one else.

Even BL’s DNA beneath her fingernails would not necessarily prove she fought back. Couldn’t it be from an earlier consensual intimate act?

Separately, regarding the ruckus in front of the Laundrie home, IMO if they aren’t buckling at the thought of being prosecuted by the FBI, as accessories or whatever, I doubt the shame of being taunted by the public will matter to them. IMO it’s just making the neighbors lives unbearable.

I pick number 1 squatting, there also was a sighting in Bartow , Ga. not sure what became of it, but there is a Commune there called "Foundation for Intentional Community" there they have everything off the grid, you can bring a small trailer or tent , their land underdeveloped... all they ask is that you help keep the food source going, working the garden, or fields .... just thought I would share as it would be a perfect cover as they say they are completely off the grid.

I have many friends in communal living and organic farming providing housing for work. Most communal living groups own land, pay taxes, have an extentive list of regulations, and require some type of buy in. They careful screen any wishing to join. Not like the old days of hippies communes.

Inside Off-the-Grid Virginia Commune Where Everything From Housing to Child Care Is Shared

I believe they'll only find the body of BL. It would be a shame for Gabby's family and loved ones not to have answers, but I think he'll selfishly take them with him to the grave.

I can't believe he would have anything of value or comfort to tell the Petito family. The FBI will have all the answers they need, whether they find BL dead or alive.

People should be knocking on their door at all hours of the night. These people do not deserve peace.
Only if I were one of the neighbors would this bother me, maybe. Demonstrations are a time honored, legal way of protesting and they brought it all on themselves, IMO. People who get caught way over the line re public decency perceived to be inexcusable just pay the price, which comes in many possible ways. These people haven't even publicly called for their son to turn himself in. As 99.9% of parents in the USA would do in this same case, if only to save their son's life. If his whereabouts were really unknown. IMO

Maybe they have.been in there all this time and are unaware of what's going on!

Our reserve here cannot be closed off. To big. Too much private property abutting it. The entry’s can post notices and public announcements can be made that it’s closed, but it’s impossible, short of securing perimeter entirely with manpower or fencing to keep people out.

242833821_5382059048516313_7034535845331187813_n.jpg

We can only hope, those 22 days (approximately) would have eliminated through decomposition. imo
I believe you may be correct. There are a few foods that still (might) be identifiable.
I do know corn is found mostly undigested in the stool.
I'm sure there are other foods that are identified more easily.
However, if she was killed and it had been over 4-6 hours since she ate and she hadn't consumed anything else during that time, her stomach would most likely be empty at that time.
Here's a link for anyone interested.
I thought corn, based on where they went, because it is used in tex mex dishes, like Mexican rice etc...

MOO
Is corn good for you? Nutrition and health benefits.
ETA: Another one discusses botanical material.
Vegetarian type food is more identifiable than meats.
How a Victim’s Last Meal Can Identify a Killer

Last edited:
Like many of us I’ve lately had to hop and skip around the threads to catch up, and therefore have missed a lot of posts.

I’m somewhat confused about the collection of DNA regarding Brian. Obviously his DNA would be all over Gabby for multiple reasons, some of which would be showered off if they could regularly find showers.

I understand the general importance of determining DNA beneath a victim’s fingernails, but how is that useful when it’s not an unknown assailant? Unless that’s the purpose, if they must rule out an unknown assailant even though we believe it’s BL and no one else.

Even BL’s DNA beneath her fingernails would not necessarily prove she fought back. Couldn’t it be from an earlier consensual intimate act?

Separately, regarding the ruckus in front of the Laundrie home, IMO if they aren’t buckling at the thought of being prosecuted by the FBI, as accessories or whatever, I doubt the shame of being taunted by the public will matter to them. IMO it’s just making the neighbors lives unbearable.

I have many friends in communal living and organic farming providing housing for work. Most communal living groups own land, pay taxes, have an extentive list of regulations, and require some type of buy in. They careful screen any wishing to join. Not like the old days of hippies communes.

Inside Off-the-Grid Virginia Commune Where Everything From Housing to Child Care Is Shared

What about farms that have undocumented migrant workers? I imagine most would keep things to themselves.

If it’s rolled up skin under her nails, it’s likely not from lovemaking, yanno? My opinion only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie