Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts too! Even if they got DNA from parents upon reporting him missing, it wouldn't have followed the proper chain of custody to be allowed in as evidence in a trial, so they had to go get a second sample.
I saw a blip about someone else being there with the FBI. I can't find it now.
A buccal swab can be done in 3 minutes by anyone who has done them umpteen times. Tagged and bagged - out the door.
But did I read they didn't even go inside the house?
Not sure about what went on.
All my opinion only.
MOO

MOO.
My viewing of the video looks like the did, indeed, enter the house

Like many of us I’ve lately had to hop and skip around the threads to catch up, and therefore have missed a lot of posts.
So, I’m another one to say that I don’t know if this has been posted or not…

I’m somewhat confused about the collection of DNA regarding Brian. Obviously his DNA would be all over Gabby for multiple reasons, some of which would be showered off if they could regularly find showers.

I understand the general importance of determining DNA beneath a victim’s fingernails, but how is that useful when it’s not an unknown assailant? Unless that’s the purpose, if they must rule out an unknown assailant even though we believe it’s BL and no one else.

Even BL’s DNA beneath her fingernails would not necessarily prove she fought back. Couldn’t it be from an earlier consensual intimate act?

Separately, regarding the ruckus in front of the Laundrie home, IMO if they aren’t buckling at the thought of being prosecuted by the FBI, as accessories or whatever, I doubt the shame of being taunted by the public will matter to them. IMO it’s just making the neighbors lives unbearable.
Remember that LE has also taken evidence from the Laundrie home, their vehicles and the van that Gabby owned. So anything they took may have DNA on it and would need to either include or exclude Brian. At this point, we don't know how Gabby was killed, was there a possible weapon in the van? Was there any blood either where Gabby was found or in the van? All these things will need to have DNA testing.

As for the ruckus? If I were a neighbor I'd already be finding it unbearable living near such horrid people, the people outside yelling wouldn't bother me. I do agree that being taunted isn't going to bother the Laundries. They'd have to have a conscience in order for that to bother them. Everybody has a "hook", and public shaming isn't it for the Laundries.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this leads me to believe he has done more"?

As in he's committed previous crimes that have, as yet, gone undetected?

Yes to all of that…

Does anyone know if there are any leads or suspects in the Sheridan Wahl case?

Was she an Uber driver or anything of the sorts?? Where exactly was she last seen?

What’s interesting to me is whoever killed her wanted to head west….after they got farther north.

Maybe someone who wanted to go to the AT.:confused:

I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but the fact that the Laundries/their lawyer made no statement around Gabby’s memorial is infuriating & heartbreaking. They can’t even bring themselves to offer generic condolences for a woman who had lived with them for 2 years & was going to marry their son. It reeks & is messed up. I really wonder how she had been treated by all of them, not just BL.

- Any samples found in the van may also be mixed with other DNA from GP (and other owner of the van.)
DNA samples from personal items in BL’s house could be more specifically “his”. Also they may be saying DNA when they are actually getting evidence for other purposes such as “prints”.
I agree. BL had over a week to empty out and clean the van so DNA collected from it may have been very limited or degraded.

I think the FBI wanted know samples of BL's DNA so that's why they made the recent trip to his parents house. JMO.

So if there are more of these, it's possible Brian could be in that swamp in one of these abandoned vehicles or campers.
You have no idea how.many reserves.and!preserves we have campgrounds sitting g empty till.season starts. He's not in thos.area.any more!
We.have.state.forests he can.go.to
Ocala
Crystal.river
They won't find d him
He will have.to.mess.up a d get caught!

As a parent remember to always talk to your children. I think we often try to smooth the waters in our child's relationships, so be careful about being too smooth. It's kind of like the saying when you find one cockroach there's hundreds in the walls. If your child comes to you with a problem their having in their relationship, realize there may be more than what they're telling you.

You have no idea how.many reserves.and!preserves we have campgrounds sitting g empty till.season starts. He's not in thos.area.any more!
We.have.state.forests he can.go.to
Ocala
Crystal.river
They won't find d him
He will have.to.mess.up a d get caught!

Ocala is about 2 1/2 hours, perfect range for them to drive him there and set him up jmo.

They don’t have peace. They are tortured. And people have been knocking on their doors. Nothing illegal about knocking on the door and asking to speak to them.

Leave these people alone and let LE take care of this.

The people protesting surely have more positive things to do rather than draw attention to themselves being a donkey. The more WFLA shows their idiocy, the more villages will be missing a citizen.

Flip the coin, protest at their house for protesting and they will not think this is such a great idea.

There are better ways to live your life.

What about farms that have undocumented migrant workers? I imagine most would keep things to themselves.
I don't see illegals on organic farms, in my area of Virginia. They are usually locals, lots of HS/college age kids working over the summer. It's very hard physical, back breaking labor. Once harvest is over things slow way down on the farm and most can maintain without assistance.

The organic farms off the AT will be small operations, not huge organic farms like in central NC.

Moo...

MOO - I looked into a lot of what his pages and such (trying to get a feel for his character) and yeah, he is probably a fairly good hiker, survivalist (he preached a lot about living off the land) but there is no evidence that he actually lived off the land or put it into practice. I am an avid hiker and although live in a completely different terrain/climate (I live in PNW) there is a BIG difference between what he was doing hiking existing trails and back country hiking. Being as public as he is now he would have to be back country hiking to avoid detection. People love to hike in the fall. That is not an easy thing to do nor do I think he had much experience in it. You need a lot of supplies to survive which you have to carry on your back & they have to be replenished. I truly do not think he is on AT or in the reserve or if he is he's not alive. It has been too long and no real sightings.

If you're wondering how far a go to and return trip from Florida can take you, my husband and I have gone from St. Pete to Long Island's Suffolk county in 20 hrs. non-stop, one way.
And navigated the highways in LI too, BRAVO.

I wonder how we can persuade abusers to leave once the relationship is at a point where they want to abuse. Why do they stay when they feel all that contempt?
Because they don't understand the actions speak louder than words. They're usually young and all that drama becomes normal. After a while the abused person gets broken down and they really do believe they are causing the abuse. They don't see the abuse as contempt, they see it as justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member