Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just.speculation[/QUOTE]
If I were a neighbor, I would set up my own survalence and have everyone of them arrested. They are disturbing the peace and creating a media circus!! And accomplishing nothing!! MOO
Or you could just walk outside and ask them to please stop with the bullhorns, as it is disrupting life for people just unfortunate enough to live on that street.

My opinion ONLY as someone working in this field for nearly 30 years: I don't think we know this at all about her family, (or his) or much about either families (feel free to sleuth this outside of this space).

Medical information, behavioral or otherwise is highly protected, for good reason. If or when we are given permission to dive into ALL family dynamics, history, properties owned, jobs and relationship dynamics, etc here, I imagine there would be loads of debates about what we have seen and NOT seen publicly. While I think all of us should weigh what we do know, thoughtfully as we settle on our thoughts, I am glad it isn't allowed here, for now.

Some things truly are inappropriate for public speculation at this level and could cause additional harm, even without meaning to. Keep in mind, so far, NO ONE has been charged with anything outside of a formally missing person using a debit card/device without permission. (Correct me, please, if I have missed a charge or indictment!!!) MOO!!!

You are absolutely right! Hadn't thought about that. If this is done should be in a court of law. Amateur profiling, or any professional ones on public forums can have so many unintended consequences!

If I were a neighbor, I would set up my own survalence and have everyone of them arrested. They are disturbing the peace and creating a media circus!! And accomplishing nothing!! MOO

Does no one on that street have ring cameras or security cameras set up outside that caught BL after he returned home without Gabby, or whether he returned home with his parents from the three day camping trip? (Sorry if this has been discussed, I have missed a lot of threads).

According to JB, the unverified rewards amount to around $170K. The dog man isn't a fool...neither are the thousands of bounty hunter wannabes ready to hit the road looking to bring BL in and make a whopping financial score. Great!
As long as they don't interfere with LE, I'm good with it.

Now this is the truth. Whatever negative thoughts you may have about Dog, he certainly isn't a stupid man.

Or if one of the neighbors worked an overnight shift that would suck pretty bad for them too.

The bullhorn is not going to accomplish anything its just attention seeking behavior (IMO)
Bigger concern might be that the Laundries get tired of it all and pack up and leave—causing loss of any visibility into what’s going on.

Of course, should not not have to ask people to stop yelling through a bullhorn in a neighborhood and risk turning their attention to you as a "sympathizer". Someone going to a stranger's house and yelling through bullhorn continuously has some issues. MOO

It appears the protesters outside the Laundrie home have a political statement complicating their concern for BL's whereabouts. Free speech is one thing. Noise nuisance is another. A silent march would be better suited to this somber occasion.

How in the world did Gabby hook up with such a polar opposite of the men in life? Both her father and her step father are so strong and in control of their lives. I don't think that sweet girl realized how damaged BL is.

I think you're right. I was doing a bit of reading online last night about "brooding men" (BL seemed to me such a type) and why women are sometimes attracted to them. It seems that sometimes women see the brooding, which is commonly accompanied by a sense of superiority over others, as confidence and self-assuredness, when in fact it is a weak substitute for confidence in a man who is in fact socially insecure, but places the fault for that outside himself. So, GP may have at first thought BL was a confident and self-assured man.

Once having gotten involved, women typically find they also become part of the world these men consider and treat as inferior. You'd think the guy would move on and leave the woman - if the woman is as inferior as he believes - but in fact having the woman present as a punching bag (whether by belief, verbally, or physically) provides constant reinforcement of the false narrative the guy tells himself to feel secure: No one else can ever measure up.

- I found that odd as well. Perhaps BL is simply bad at addition?
Perhaps BL extended the duration of the road trip to garner sympathy from the LEO?
Apparently they had also been traveling together before. The pictures of her trip to California were taken by BL I think. They mentioned this in the 48 hour segment-in fact it might have been In the interview with Rose. Not sure of timing or how long they were back before the brothers graduation and the initiation of this trip. I am uncertain how much time the actually spent at the Laundries together in Florida vs traveling.

And did no one find it odd to say they had been traveling for '4 no 5 months' when asked by LE but they only had left in June?
I did...why would he do that?? JMO..
My ex has borderline personality disorder and he would lie about things like that without even realizing he was doing it. Lying just came so secondhand to him that he had no control over it. And he would do it for no reason

I believe he has held himself out as the lawyer for the family, no? If and when their interests diverge, the attorney would have an ethical conflict and have to discontinue representation of one or the other.

Edit: I don't know if that's how he has described his representation. I'd rather expect that he is formally the parents' attorney, precisely for the ethical considerations I mentioned.
So here is a question I have...
IF the parents are eventually charged with something like lying on a police report (Saying he left Tuesday when he was actually gone Monday or sooner which is MOO only) or Obstruction of Justive, aiding and abetting, etc...
AND Brian is still not to be found but whatever the situation they decide it's best to NOT have the same attorney as their fugitive son...
Can the attorney decline to represent Brian and continue to Represent the parents, or is there some obligation to continue to represent Brian until the attorney can actually meet with him?

All of the above are genuine questions and speculation on my part. Just wondering what obligation Mr. Bertolino has to continue being BL's Attorney especially if he remains a fugitive.

If I were a neighbor, I would set up my own survalence and have everyone of them arrested. They ar adisturbing the peace and creating a media circus!! And accomplishing nothing!! MOO
I
Does no one on that street have ring cameras or security cameras set up outside that caught BL after he returned home without Gabby, or whether he returned home with his parents from the three day camping trip? (Sorry if this has been discussed, I have missed a lot of threads).
Of course they do and they probably want to talk. I am assuming LE has asked them to remain quiet.

Earlier in this saga, reporters, but they have been respectful since. Nope on religious purveyors. I think police are only letting delivery people go to the door (and of course LE) but no one stopped Dog which sort of surprised me. If Dog can find Brian, that's fine with me, maybe he told the cops posted there that he wanted to offer his assistance to them in finding their son, so LE let him try. jmo
He had prior permission from the police.
"Police were already in the immediate area when Roberta Laundrie made the call, and Chapman told Fox News that he spoke with North Port police before he arrived at the property.

"It’s a shame they wouldn’t speak with us," he said Monday. "The police said we were welcome to knock on the door so we did. I wanted to tell the Laundries that our goal is to find Brian and bring him in alive."
Brian Laundrie's mother called 911 on ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’

They very well may but that might be evidence we aren't privy to. MOO

You are absolutely right! Hadn't thought about that. If this is done should be in a court of law. Amateur profiling, or any professional ones on public forums can have so many unintended consequences!

Someone today asked me why her dads didn't intervene during the relationship. I said they might have. We just don't know. As far as I remember reading, BL had no red flags until the bodycam. Even his friend said BL was very chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member