Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

That would certainly be a good explanation for hiding out in his house for the past few weeks.

2. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

If there were evidence, or even probable cause to believe he'd committed a crime, he'd already be arrested.
    Presently, his status is only a POI.

3. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

You're correct.
    In this case, sadly.
    I wish there was something else they could hold him on , just to talk to him ?
    If this drags on -- is it possible that if LE find something to charge him with , will they offer a plea deal in exchange for her remains ?
    I don't even know if she's gone from this earth.

I will happily eat crow if she's just with other people for inexplicable reasons.
    But it seems like she kept in touch with her family very consistently.
    That alone makes me think something bad happened.
    Imo.

4. Mitch1

Mitch1 Well-Known Member

Again, thank you for this insight-and that definitely answered my question.

5. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

I believe that BL and GP had a very volatile relationship in which he manipulated her emotions into believing all their troubles and his actions were a result of her actions and emotional problems diagnosed by him. Part of his repertoire of manipulation on their trip was to threaten to leave her stranded without him and without her phone or transportation/shelter. I doubt the events of aug 12 were the first time threatened this but it’s probably the first time it escalated to the point of public notice and attention of the police. I’m not sure what the real motive was of his trip him to FL via air and then return out west to GP but what I think happened is either he returned to resume the trip or he returned to tell her it was done. Either way I feel like the end result was that he finally carried through on his threats and abandoned her. Whether he then drove home from that point or somehow capitulated and returned to find her but she wasn’t found I don’t know, but either way the result is the same… he “ showed her.”

6. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

But she wanted to go on this road trip. They were starting a brand together. I don't think this statement really applies to this case as far as what's been shown in MSM. Like I said, maybe they had a very codependent relationship. Maybe she didn't want to be apart from him. Didn't she follow him to Florida?

7. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

heck, im a granny with nothing but pictures and videos of my grandbabies on it but i wouldnt wanna give my phone up either.

8. Arkark

Arkark Well-Known Member

Have there been any local search parties?

9. Kikimora11

Kikimora11 Cogito, ergo sum

There is never any mention of like, where they actually slept. Tent? Van? Were they fighting all night? Sometimes I often remind people of just how psychologically debilitating sleep deprivation can be. Coupled with heat, stress, anxiety, most likely a less-than-ideal diet, and other factors, people can just, for lack of a better term, almost become psychotic. Seriously, it's no joke - I have seen what sleep deprivation does, even to the most well intentioned! Anyone who has ever been living with or around people who have abused stimulants over long term know what I am talking about - it's like a slow and very progressive change in personality. Very irritable, very snappy - the smallest things can set them off into rages. But remove the drug, and/or allow them to get a few days of uninterrupted sleep, and its like their entire souls are restored to their body. Something to just think about. Sleep is no joke.

10. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

And the other important point is that all we know about their relationship is that video- this could have been a one-time thing, it could have been an everyday thing, she could be the abuser, or he could be the abuser, or they could be equally to blame.

All we know for sure is they were under a lot of stress and the relationship was deteriorating that day.

Sconnie, Jscre, scout35 and 6 others like this.
  11. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Because if your are 'forced" to incriminate yourself a so-called bad-cop-type can threaten harm causing some to lie about their guilt. Well, gosh, that's not something we'd want, is it?

12. Wheresgabby21

Wheresgabby21 Active Member

This!!! Everything is her fault and it is because "she has anxiety" -- she is so hard on herself, takes the blame for everything. The reality is everyone has anxiety of some sort, and we have convinced these young people to chalk up any discomfort to anxiety and he's more than happy to have her take the blame and buddy up to the cops.

13. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

Thanks for reiterating the 'proving a negative fallacy'. It's precisely why the justice system is to prove guilt and not innocence.

At this point no one knows. I hope they find GP!

14. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

The bed in the van looked small to me. I was wondering if there was even room for both of them to sleep in the van which is why they had the tent?

C Angel, Sorelle19 and LietKynes like this.
  15. MrX

MrX Former Member

I would disagree, slightly, in that people with decades of life experience, in these areas, can connect dots without having to start at square one, in each case. But I do agree that, in cases like this, if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

16. R.U.Kidding!

R.U.Kidding! Well-Known Member

Wow! Just watched the Police Cam from Channel 7. I feel so badly for these two people. IMO both of them seemed to be in some mental distress. Gabby admits she has "really bad OCD" ( at 2:41 to 3:eek:o into the vid ). She actually states that as a reason she can really get very anxious and upset over things.

They both seem very honest with their emotions. I certainly believed both of them and also think they probably love each other. Unfortunately, after 3 months of getting no break from each other can bring out the worst in each other, ( I know being with my husband during Covid wasn't pretty, Tank God we were not in aVan)
    Add to that some serious mental distress, and I believe there may have been a tragic accident.

However, I am at a loss as to Brians's lack of cooperation with the police. Perhaps he has become mentally incapable of dealing with reality!
    MOO--I do not believe he would intentionally murder Gabby....no way! I can only hope we find some answers soon.

17. After watching this I feel more sure that she has passed. <modsnip: Direct accusations not allowed> IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
  18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought LE confirmed that it was her van?

19. Kitagrl

Kitagrl Well-Known Member

If this all went down super close to that campground, then I guess it is always possible that he left her and she went desperately looking for help and she found help with the wrong person. Boyfriend could have hypothetically either just never looked back until he got home or went back and found her either missing or deceased. If he found her missing he could have panicked, realizing he looked bad, and went right home. Worse, if he found her deceased, he could have been terrified to be blamed and then hid her body and went home (the other two murdered women were easily found). Just thoughts. Although along with my earlier personal opinion, if he is a narcissist, I suppose anything could have happened if he felt desperate enough.

hey-Debbie and Veronica Sawyer like this.
  20. Mayjunejuly

Mayjunejuly Well-Known Member

No one should us violence period. No one is saying she should have done anything differently. Merely pointing out that had the cops intervened it might have saved her life. Clearly the toxic relationship reached its boiling point. Please do not

if you go back and watch where the police are talking amongst themselves- they asked her that question as a way to not have to actually charge her with DV… you could see these officers were very “gracious” in this scenario…. They had the right to charge and arrest her for DV. She admitted it, he admitted it, two witnesses back up the same stories they (GP &BL) gave. The police made a call- was it the right one? Well in hindsight , probably not. If they did cite GP for the DV, maybe just maybe she could still be alive. But as you said, they kept diminishing the situation and tried everything in their power to not charge her. Obviously they could not have known what was going to happen a few weeks later. I also think that even if they did cite her, bL would be in the next day to drop the protective order and then be able to contact her and they would be back on the road only now she has a criminal case against her. bL did not even want to press charges but some crimes don’t need the victim cooperation and the state will charge the person regardless. Idk jmo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.