Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100 percent how I felt watching this! It's disturbing for so many reasons.

2. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I agree that no one should be diagnosing anyone. However, behavior patterns are behavior patterns and often key in figuring out what happened between two people.

Saying someone is abusive isn't a diagnosis. In fact, I'd say BOTH parties in this scenario display abusive and toxic relationship patterns which IMO can be established by the body cam video pretty clearly . Many times victims become abusive in response to abuse and the cycle snowballs and very often escalates.

3. Birmingplumb

Birmingplumb Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaing that to this plumber. Sounds resonable to me. In your scenerio--maybe this can be looked at 250 years later ? using Gabby scenerio too??? imo

SeattleStew likes this.
  4. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

To keep the police from beating confessions out of innocent people.

5. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

I think Petito saw the trip as an opportunity to secure her/their future via a monetized online presence. On the other hand, Laundrie saw the trip as a sightseeing/experience opportunity. Quite different and certainly fuel for dissatisfaction of both parties.

6. Kikimora11

Kikimora11 Cogito, ergo sum

Anyone besides me realize there are additional stickers from the recent photos of the van? Perhaps we can speculate where they were based on the new stickers?

Attached Files:

HayLouise, LoveyG, Alkali13 and 18 others like this.
  7. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

not taking up for anyone but i have extreme anxiety and it comes with OCD I dont doubt for one second she has it too, i could tell b the way she couldnt catch her breath, the slight bending over because you feel unbalanced, and with OCD it can definaitly throw you into a attack when things arent clean, not a good mix at all....camping and OCD.

scout35, Sorelle19, d4j and 5 others like this.
  8. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

This. Sometimes people underestimate just how irrational an otherwise extremely cautious person can be when they are under a lot of stress or feel “trapped.” Once I was in Thailand with my partner and we got into a massive argument over something really stupid (we’d both had a couple of drinks at the pool which didn’t help) and I stormed off. I’m one of the most cautious and anxious people when it comes to safety, but I was so angry that I walked all the way down the mountain along a dark, secluded road in a foreign country as woman. I didn’t realize how dangerous it was until later—a man on a motorbike came up behind me and tried to tell me to get on and he would give me a ride and was very persistent when I said no. Luckily he left when I threatened to call the police but it was still very risky. The difference between my experience and that of BL/GP is that my partner kept trying to contact me to make sure I was okay, which as far as we know, BL did not do. Point being, extreme stress and emotions running high can make a rational person do/look “crazy.”

9. Tony358

Tony358 New Member

I’ll also say it’s really hard for some people to spend 24/7 with another person for an extended period of time. This is true especially when a person is young, away from family and friends (support network), and might have mental illness. And while it’s fun to follow some of these “24/7 traveling couples” to see all of the places they go, sometimes I’m more impressed on how they stay together in close confines with one another for so long.

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Since we now know there was interaction with LE - I believe she was unable to call for help when he took her van and drove off - so the phone and van together with the POI left her - either immobilized, dead or just left to succumb (sorry for her family) after checking out of the hotel. That last phone call with her mom may give a clue.... JMO

TRB, waldojabba, Traymar and 2 others like this.
  11. gliving

gliving Woof

Per the police video, they were at the organic grocery store from 9am to 3pm that day so she could work on the travel blog. I assume the store had wifi. The domestic incident occurred as they were leaving as the police report says shortly after 4pm. BL reports they were going to get showers and bulk water somewhere.

12. Why all the emphasis from the police on a 110 pound girl 'hitting' a man? There is no comparison in strength whatsoever. I'm not excusing her hitting him, but she's likely fighting back!

13. CarolynV

CarolynV Well-Known Member

good samaritan law - Google Search
    Found under can you be held liable for not helping someone?

Generally, a person cannot be held liable for doing nothing while another person is in peril. However, such a duty may arise in two situations: A duty to rescue arises where a person creates a hazardous situation. ... Such a duty may also arise where a "special relationship" exists.

Can he be compelled to talk with this law? What if he could have saved her but didn't?

14. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

One cop. Not Robbins. Yes. Bad.

15. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I think the "they were starting a brand together" is subjective. I
    IMO it seems like that was GP's goal but was not his focus at all. He comes across as not wanting the spotlight (I'll keep my opinions on why to myself). But there's multiple statements made in the video that lead me to believe this was also a bone of contention between them. Including her saying "he doesn't think I can" and his social media captions really putting down people who are overly connected to the internet and technology.

16. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Having probable cause and having enough to charge and convict is way different. You really don't need much for probable cause. Probable cause is not enough for an arrest. At least it shouldn't be.

BTW, I'm going to guess that LE does have probable cause to get warrants to investigate. As the chief said, two left, one came back. Then add BL's lack of cooperation and lack of proof of life. LE also stated they have things they won't share with us. I have seen less on probable cause statements.

17. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Speaking from a somewhat similar personal experience, I could definitely see that as a source of relationship friction.

Veronica Sawyer likes this.
  18. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Not everyone can make a living online.
    Many people burn out.

19. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

"... going to get ... bulk water...". Which is kinda ironic since I'm betting it came in or was held in a plastic container of some sort.

20. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I'm going to add that to the timeline - do we know the name by chance @gliving?

ETA: What about the hike? (On the previous original timeline)
    AUG 10: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
    AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour

AUG 12
    : The couple took a hike at Arches National Park

AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
    AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
    AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab

(I thought they were already at Moab on the 12th?)
    thanks for any clarification anyone can give
    ETA added name of organic store and timeline info

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Quiche, d4j and Sunshine95 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.