Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Maybe the cops saw that it was her own property. Did they ever check the docs for the van?

Flurries likes this.

2. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

They would let her parents know she was safe.

3. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Awaiting Justice for Jennifer

But her EC(s)would know where, and that would probably be her family.

4. goarmy11

goarmy11 Active Member

re: the timeline ... if he arrived back in Florida on the 1st, he would have had to drive at least 35 hours (I mapquested it). Add a few hours for a rest, bathroom break, traffic and you're looking at closer to 48 hours I would think. So he had to have left on the 30th - possibly earlier?

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

ugh - I can't hear it very well

girlhasnoname and mocity like this.
  6. InvisibleMe

InvisibleMe Well-Known Member

Yes! I agree…a press conference puts a lot of pressure on BL. Keep the pressure on.

7. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

It's just sad they couldn't have had someone at least accompany her to a place for her to camp the night and make sure she got there safely and calmed down. I realize many PDs just don't have the resources for this, but it might have made all the difference. Who knows.

8. helvetica

helvetica Well-Known Member

My opinion only after watching the video: unfortunately, it feels largely inconsequential in the big picture. Certainly it shines light on the problems they were having and that's not irrelevant, but it doesn't tip the scales in either direction. There were a few head-scratching moments, but nothing that would seem implausible after a blow-up made worse by a police stop. Comments that "she's crazy" and that he didn't think they could make it work with their social media endeavor. Maybe my memory is wrong, but for Gabby to come out amidst the panic and nerves of a fight/ police stop and divulge Brian's lack of faith in her goal, seemed out of place unless it were fresh on her mind and maybe a large part of their argument during that drive that led to the stop. More uninformed spitballing and theorizing, but I could see Gabby's cleaning of the van and remarks about Brian's dirtiness lead to him launching his own personal attack on her, where that lack of faith became exposed and he says some ugly things. To me, that would make sense as the essence of a fight that reached a boiling point and explain the inability for the van to stop and drive properly. But again, who knows. Like so many here, my opinions change by the hour and the day, and we each have our own theories based on our own imaginations and experiences.

While there was a lot of overlap in their interests, they had some apparent sizable differences, e.g. Brian's seeming lack of interest in material things and his unrelenting interest in sustainability. Gabby could take the water from the officers and not think twice, but Brian couldn't accept a plastic bottle. With such personality differences I can see plenty of "ammunition" for car fights and ugly words. It also complicates the image they were trying to project in their social media, and their inability to agree on how to travel, work and live only makes their social media endeavor seem more impossible.

I'd really like to see the body cam footage of the secondary officers who spoke at lengths to them outside of the view we got in this video. The one we saw is highly distressing, but I don't know if it's helpful enough.

gayeld, Flurries, j_in_c and 19 others like this.

9. That could have happened, but why wouldn't he have sought help finding her? Called her parents or something? I just don't think that happened. IMO

10. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Why do you say that didn't happen?

11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

#BREAKING

A representative for the family says they have been instructed to not talk about the police incident that happened in Moab on Aug. 12.

Adds that Laundrie's family knew he showed up on Sept. 1, which wasn't part of the trip they had planned.

#findgabbypetito

https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1438577937683402771?s=21

TRB, sapphire blue, Aqua and 30 others like this.
  12. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

A short summary - please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors. This is not a transcript.

Robert Stafford, Attorney for the family:

-FBI and LE agencies are the best in the country and I am sure they are doing a great job
    -They reached out on Fri the 10th and again on the 11th - refused to answer those (questions) and stayed silent
    -Gabby's brother had a graduation from a local high school and she came up for that, on July 2nd they began their trip
    -We will not discuss 'the incident'
    -Jim Schmidt is in Wyoming to be the contact person
    -Petito and Schmidt families are doing everything they can to find Gabby
    -Hope that everyone pulls together and helps us find Gabby
    -Everyone is doing that but Brian and his family
    -Not going to get into content of message (from Aug 30th) family does not believe it was sent from Gabby
    -They were engaged and the wedding was put on hold and they decided to go on the trip instead
    -They were going to Oregon by Oct 2nd to spend time there, when Brian showed up by Sept 1st it was against the plan
    -Asking the Laundrie family to come forward and say what they know
    -Again refuses to discuss the text message supposedly from Gabby

From the family (paraphrased) "Please, if you or your family have any decency left, please tell us where Gabby is located."

JMO

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  13. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

IF he drove straight through, IF he was alone, IF he didn't take one or two detours to take care of something.

14. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

This is so baffling. Things seem to be developing quickly though. Hopefully for everyone’s sake Gabby is found soon!

15. Because of the obvious fighting, physical nature of the fighting, etc. Come on. We are seeing a slither of their daily reality. It was likely much worse and frequent. This wasn't a one off. It's common sense. Occam's razor. imo.

16. JohnTate90210

JohnTate90210 Well-Known Member

He had to buy gas here and there. If he used a debit/credit card, they should know a bit about where and when. So many convenience marts have cameras now that could possibly show who was in the van.

17. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

No mention of BL flying back and forth to Florida from Utah. Did this really happen? I can't believe reporters wouldn't be asking about it.

18. WestGL

WestGL Well-Known Member

Watching the Moab video, I suddenly tapped into some of the feelings her relatives must be going through. He locked her out? Made her climb through windows? Told her she was a social media failure, which was the whole point of the trip? Told her she’s crazy and OCD and uptight and what else? She’s sobbing and utterly miserable?

For one, I must say I hope LE is keeping close tabs on Gabby’s dad, or going out of their way to address his feelings, he must be absolutely enraged at Brian.

I don’t know what I would do if my precious daughter was missing and her wimpy boyfriend smugly refused say anything about where she might be for weeks. But in my nuclear rage I’d probably do something regrettable.

19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Problem is, Gabby isn't here to tell us what happened and Brian isn't talking.
    So... we don't actually know what happened. Yet.
    My hope is, his attorney pursuades him to cooperate & tell LE what he knows.

Sundog, EphemerallyAya, Kapua and 7 others like this.
  20. WestGL

WestGL Well-Known Member

The whole point of the trip was to have an adventure of a lifetime and become viral van lifers, YouTubers. It wasn’t working out at all and he blamed it all on her. It must have been traumatically miserable the last few weeks. Before something very ugly happened obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.