Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I try very hard not to import my personal experiences into cases I follow but I have to say, this is entirely backwards in my own experience. In nearly 25 years hubby and I have had a grand total of 2 serious arguments. Both were 10 times worse than anything shown on that LE bodycam and yet, 100% not indicative of our usual, healthy, respectful relationship.

I don't agree it's "common sense" to assume their relationship as a whole, was much worse and frequent, as you suggest. I believe it's far more fair, to not presume such dire thoughts about a relationship none of us here really know anything about.

jmo

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

MissTilly, HayLouise, NWLady and 37 others like this.
  3. PIUK

PIUK Well-Known Member

The trip home without GP that has been spoke about on here, seems to be around the time the bodies were located.

I know I’m beating the same drum!

4. Shear22

Shear22 Well-Known Member

This is why I am convinced that BL knew that she was no longer alive when he came back to Florida. I can't think of any reason to freeze GP's mom out before the police were involved unless he and his parents knew that the police would eventually be involved and that it would be serious.

5. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same, wondering why one like this blows up while one like that following Kierra Coles (for example) does not. There are certain stories we are culturally drawn to, and there are a lot of commonalities between them

6. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

I agree. IMO the best way I can characterize BL’s behavior/statements during the stop is along the lines of “I love her, our relationship is great, but I’m the one pulling the weight and supporting a ‘crazy’ woman.”

7. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Sounds like she tended to think everything was her fault and he agreed, and contributed to her thinking that. Contributed if not actual causation.

She was trying to get him to slow down because the cops were right behind them and trying to get them to pull over. Yet, it is HER fault that he was speeding and that he hit the curb. I wouldn't touch this guy, this type, with a 10 foot pole if I were young and looking for a partner.

8. Herat

Herat Way out West

Being on a very tight budget, they may not have been using debit or other cards.

However, if he was paying cash, he would have to have gone into pay at the counter at some point, so there is a good possibility there is footage of him from the return journey from ? Grand Teton? to North Point.

The problem will be how far back these kind of CCTV vids go. By refusing to make contact with her parents and making THEM file a missing person's report 10 days after he returns, he increases the chances that video from surveillance would not be retrieved.

I think he knew that. I think there have been deliberate moves meant to remove, destroy, and delay discovery of significant evidence. His parents may also be at risk of Obstruction of Justice charges. I sure hope so.

I do believe justice will not be denied.

9. Sadly, many of us have dated this guy at some point. imo

Not literally this guy, lol

10. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

For me personally, I live on Long Island not far from Gabby's family. There are mutual friends (though not anyone I am in close contact with). And as a parent of older teens with very free spirits, this one just hits me differently. I was very invested in Caylee Anthony when my kids were around her age as well. Some cases just grab you and dont let go

Midori_Azul, carbuff, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  11. thunderstormdancer

thunderstormdancer Member

This strikes me as a guy who doesn't want Gabby with the police alone and out of his control, not kind.
    I believe he said something to the effect of "She didn't say anything too bad about me I hope" fishing to figure out how much and what GP had said when she spoke to an officer alone.

Whether BL is abusive, controlling or both, him going to jail for the night would allow him to keep that control of the narrative that people outside of the couple were exposed to.

12. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

That’s intriguing
    I definitely agree that their time apart - which seems really odd in its circumstance - had something to do with things

13. Sorelle19

Sorelle19 Well-Known Member

So the fight occurred outside of the Moonflower Co-Op at the end of the day, and they had previously spent 6 hours inside a coffee shop. It could have been in the Moonflower Cafe, where on of the females who was murdered worked. They have a very nice eating area.

Also, what strikes me after watching the video was money. BL said they had very little and not enough for a room (there's cheap lodging in town, hostels). Family reportedly had been sending them money. But this couple still had a long journey ahead. Money troubles can stress anyone. I'm wondering, if they had no money here, on Aug. 12, how BL got money to fly home, and GP paid for a hotel in SLC.

C Angel, Roxtrope, Quiche and 20 others like this.
  14. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the reason more missing people are not searched for right off the bat is due to the cost. Resources cost money. There are a few organizations that receive grants to search for missing persons. International Association Of Chief's is one. They also have a lot of volunteers that help.

Kapua, Harvath and thunderstormdancer like this.
  15. nimaathep

nimaathep Active Member

Yes, they are.

d4j, Kapua and citizen_sleuth like this.
  16. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think she was "punching" him. One of the officers acknowledged she likely hit him on the arm to alert him to the police vehicle behind him, and that's what caused the car to swerve.

There was no intent to cause bodily harm, so no crime was committed.

BL was the one speeding, going 45 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone, and she was trying to get him to stop.

No witness saw her punching him, she was slapping him and he grabbed her by the face and pushed her away.

According to one of the officers, she did have marks on her face. Grabbing someone by the face to push them sounds pretty aggressive to me.

IMO

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

interesting... what's worse than being suspected of disappearing your fiance/girlfriend? being connected to a double homicide I would say.....
    turning up the heat on BL...
    well done LE
    JMO

Aqua, BHughes, Flurries and 39 others like this.
  18. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Duplicate

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  19. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

Man i would love to be a fly on the wall in the FBI office right now.

BHughes, sripey, davehead21 and 20 others like this.
  20. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<rsbm / bbm>

That could apply to either of them if what BL says in the police report is true:

BL told the officer that "they both suffer from <redacted> and although her <redacted> is more advanced than his, the issues between the two had been building over the last few days".

TRB, wary, d4j and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.