Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

2. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

The question now is who has THE phone? I pray to God it was in her possession last but there’s so many questions concerning that. Because if she had it then how did he return home with the van? We know the younger generation aren’t using paper maps. I doubt he knew the route by heart. Now if his phone had been turned off b/c of a service/bill issue (which I personally suspect as his reason for saying he had no phone) he of course could have paid the bill at any point to resume service. But when was that? What phone did he take with him to the airport to show his flight information? Did she text her mom in the time he was in FL for the storage thing? If so then we can probably assume service on his own phone resumed. If they both had use of their own phones again then it would’ve been much easier for them to be ok with leaving one another as opposed to before when that one phone was keeping them physically tied together. Hopefully this makes sense. Mostly thinking out loud…

Midori_Azul, Periwinkl3 and Herat like this.
  3. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

Um hmmm. She wanted help and to get away from him. IMO

SuperTmo likes this.
  4. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

Have not been following, sorry just have to ask … has his lawyer made any exonerating statements ?
    All I saw was a bunch of ‘he’s advised not to talk’ but not even a ‘he’s concerned for her welfare too’ ? Is this lawyer planning to plead guilty or something… imo just odd, wondering what I’m missing

LeeAnnB, SuperTmo and Periwinkl3 like this.
  5. MollyDDD

My worst nightmare.

ar3593, AnnaGrace, Alias Gray and 6 others like this.
  6. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

We shouldn’t assume anything about what mental illness(es) either Gabby or Brian may have. As for her saying she has OCD and anxiety, I wouldn’t be surprised if BL ‘diagnosed’ her with that because her cleanliness definitely bothered him (which he himself says in the body cam footage) and gaslit her into thinking shes “crazy” (which he also jokingly says to an officer). Being trapped in a van for months with someone who regularly accuses you of things and blames their problems on you could understandably alter ones perception of themselves.

Bottom line: unless/until we have evidence of either BL or GP having a diagnosed mental illness, I don’t think it’s fair to attribute their behavior to anything other than emotions/tensions running high.

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

8. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Its.registered.to.his home.address!
    The van was at that address
    Is the insurance in both their names?
    His DL has same address?

9. BluesClues0

BluesClues0 Former Member

Does anyone have a timeline interspersed with the disappearance and subsequent discovery of the bodies of the newlyweds. And there was some mention somewhere that the diner that GB and BL were at all afternoon was where one of the newlyweds worked. They also say the newlyweds were camping. So there's a ton of questions.

- did GB/BL camp at the same site as the newlyweds? If so, what are the dates
    - How often did GB/BL go to the diner where one of KS/CB (newlyweds) worked?
    - When did GB/BL stay at the diner all afternoon? Was it the same diner?
    - When were KS/CB killed?
    - Where were KS/CB bodies discovered?
    - KS/CB were shot. Have they found the murder weapon? Did GB/BL have a gun?
    - How does the timeline of KS/CB's demise line up with the GB/BL traffic stop, the GB/BL and the argument that the guy Christopher report?

SuziQ likes this.
  10. MollyDDD

11. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

22 minutes into body cam the officers go into a lengthy discussion about Gabby being the aggressor. Yet unless I missed it, they have yet to look at the vehicle registration to see that it was registered in her name which *should* have then prompted further questioning leading them to learn that he was threatening to leave with her property. This seems a big mistake. A routine step would be to check and run that Reg. They ran their names but not the vehicle?

12. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

They did separate them but this occurred nearly two weeks before she was last seen. They couldn't separate them indefinitely.

NCHydrangea, AnnaGrace, PNW and 5 others like this.
  13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Police share body camera footage of Gabby Petito - follow updates live
    This link is pretty good at keeping up with the latest updates IMO

Witness came forward because he ‘feared the worst’
    The name of the witness who saw the incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie is noted in the police report only as Christopher.

His name appears in one of the last paragraphs of the four-page report.

The report said he “was not entirely sure what it is he had seen, but feared the worse, which is why he came forward as a witness and agreed to complete a written statement.”

IG users notice something amiss with Petito’s posts
    Gabby Petito, who has been missing since earlier this month, last posted a photo on her Instagram account on 26 August.

The post shows her in front of a butterfly mural with a small knitted pumpkin with the caption “happy halloween”.

Her previous post, on 19 August, showed the view of a park from inside her van.

Unlike her usual posts, these two did not have a location tag.

Some Instagram users pointed out that this was not her usual style.

14. MollyDDD

Bazinga!

15. MKZoo

MKZoo Well-Known Member

Based on the interactions GP had with the police, it’s clear to me she was very afraid of being left behind/abandoned so far from home. Therefore, the idea that she just decided she could not take it anymore and walked off in to obscurity in the middle of a national forest is absurd.

Is it possible she decided to leave him? Certainly. But there’s no way she did it in the middle of Grand Teton or Yellowstone.

IMO.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I don't think it was an argument over a phone. After viewing the video and comparing it to the incident report, I find variances.

I believe GP struck BL in the face with her phone when they were seen on the street arguing (and BL directing her to go for a walk). She was afraid he would leave alone in the van and she refused. I'm also not sure that the witness account as written in the incident report is accurate.

I'm glad the video was released. MOO

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  17. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

18. MollyDDD

Bazinga!
    True. I just wish they had gone their separate ways then instead of continuing on their journey.

SuperTmo, Birmingplumb and distracted like this.
  19. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

He has no legal right to take her van.
    Not the day of the domestic dispute and not driving it back to FL. IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.