Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweet Mister

Sweet Mister Well-Known Member

That's actually about 2 miles north of the campground, West Bay drive and Indian Rocks Road, pretty built up, near the beach and causeway.

Blue Amethyst, Gemmie, VaBorn and 5 others like this.

2. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

My guess is he's a very close friend and they were expecting him.

3. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

No such law here in Florida.....of course you can bring you own if you wish.

4. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

I waffle back and forth on whether I believe BL is alive or not. Anyone else?

I feel that he's either deceased somewhere and yet to be found, or if alive - staying holed up in one spot. It's hard for me to imagine him being out and about (whether still in the US or even Mexico just for an example) and not being seen. I feel like he must be staying put in one spot if he's out there somewhere.

I really hope he's alive and found soon, for Gabby's family. This case has done a number on my nerves with wanting BL to be found and brought to justice. I can only imagine how Gabby's family is feeling.

5. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

Ditto, there has also been quite a lot of hear say rumours that have made it into MSM, Things like fake twitter accounts, IG videos all which have not been confirmed etc..

6. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Link to view on CBS

Watch Live: Gabby Petito’s family holds press conference | CBSN

7. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Well-Known Member

Pilot here again. VERY interesting flight due to the very small tight circles flown at extremely low airspeed (55 to 75 mph), although it is a helicopter not an airplane. I’m counting 11 consecutive circles around the same point.

8. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

If you read the linked article you'll see it was taken out of context, or without any context for it to make sense. It wasn't how he introduced himself. Here is why the guy said that...

‘Well, where are you from? and he said, ‘New York,” Mannies said. “And I said, ‘Okay, New York’ and he said, “I have a name, it’s Brian.”

The other guy was being sarcastic (since he had just been called "‘Stupid southerners and f—ing Republicans.'" from Brian), calling him New York as if it was his name. Hence the dude in the bar commenting “I have a name, it’s Brian.”

Source: Tourist claims he saw 'mad' Brian Laundrie alone in bar

9. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I can vouch for that. It's a very true statement. But I believe her father was local and probably would have done anything he could of for her. But because it was so codependent it would have taken Gabby to really want to get it out. It would have been very hard for her emotionally if she didn't have key mental health support from professionals as well.

10. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="dtowndetective411, post: 17139306, member: 193197"

------'

It was the 30th. Go to thread one and see the timeline.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    SuziQ, Marg from Oz and agilbe like this.
  11. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

It was the 30th. Go to thread one and see the timeline.[/QUOTE]
    We don’t know when Laundries retained the lawyer.

12. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Go to thread 1 you will see the timeline.
    It was as early as the 30th.

"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  13. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Well-Known Member

I believe that he is alive. There was too much activity in early September and too much silence and hiding by the Laundries. If BL was going to commit suicide it would have been done and over already. There would we nothing to hide anymore except possibly the parents’ actions. Past events show BL gets mad and angry when things don’t go his way. GO DOG!!

14. gin2

gin2 Active Member

In this conversation, he sounds to me like someone who's very accustomed to being accommodated.

15. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

BL looks just like a lot if men in my town. If I reported them all, I’d jam the system. He could be right here at a 2nd cousin’s best friend’s brother’s house. Folks here don’t tend to follow this sort of stuff so he could have free walk about range with a national refuge minutes away. Food and rent cheap here too. Easy to get work under the table too.

16. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

I'm finishing up some work that I've got to turn in in about an hour, but then I actually have some free time this afternoon. I was thinking about pulling all of the attorney statements we have from approved sources. Something struck me as odd in this most recent statement, he referred to Chris and Roberta Laundrie specifically. This may be completely irrelevant, but I think he's referred to them as Brian's parents or the Laundries in every other statement. I'm interested in comparing the wording of his statements to the timeline of events to see if there's any noticeable changes.

Unless the overwhelming majority thinks that is probably a waste of time.

17. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

Does that look like the circles are near an area called Bellair Bluffs?

Blue Amethyst, Gemmie and agilbe like this.
  18. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

It is my belief that Brian is in the reserve, deceased by his own hand and has been since the day he went there. IMO

19. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

Did they give any reason for that Sherriff’s chopper circling the area last night? Or you think they’re just trying to keep it quiet & not confirm that? Bc IMO a Sherriff’s chopper circling the area late at night after a tip came in sounds like someone working something to me lol. But that’s JMO.

20. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

It's difficult to fathom out what scenario occurred, isn't it? I've even wondered if BL (or his parents) called the solicitor just after GP's demise because a "normal" person would feel some sort of regret or guilt if it was a crime of passion but he also had to consider his own survival. And perhaps the lawyer could have given him and his family these ideas. Otherwise, I would have expected him to go on the run just after the homicide. His parents could have sent him money to a bank and he could have driven the van somewhere else as it was the van that gave him away. Maybe his parents would have refused to send him money. So, thinking about it, maybe what he did afterwards were his own ideas.

Marg from Oz and agilbe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.