Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly didn't realize how close the Ft. Desoto campsite was to boating/boats.
The place is practically a marina! Boats floating RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR TENT. Ft. Desoto is basically a giant dock that allows campers. You can BOAT and CAMP at the same time, no need to compromise!
I included two pictures from the Friends of Ft. Desoto website. Look how close you can camp right next to a waiting boat! Also, the camp store has a camera that might have captured something.

Attachments

• campground-boat-motorhome-3451.jpg
    campground-boat-motorhome-3451.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 91
  • campground-store-interior-3416.jpg
    campground-store-interior-3416.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 84
I totally hear you. No offense to anybody and not trying to be rude but I've been a member here for almost 20 years and this is got to be one of the most out of hand discussions I've ever seen. And I've seen some crazy ones. Some of the assumptions that have been made about different family members involved here blow my mind. We have no idea what really happened or the dynamics between any of these people. I just have to keep biting my tongue and scrolling along.
I think when we start sounding like a mob, there's a problem. I actually view the parents in a very negative light myself, but the vitriol in some of these posts is astounding.

Wow all I can say, is don’t slay me if my child gets caught up in a media frenzy crime story. We don’t know what happened at all. I know it says I am a new member, but I have had an account here for years. I miss the calmer analysis of big cases. This really reminds me of the old Frankenstein movie where everyone was out with pitch forks. Off topic for sure. MOO

There are some conclusions that have been drawn for sure.
The discussions of "secret" Twitter feeds and one man's Youtube (TIR) (and not other experts) strikes me as random and kind of useless, but that's what scrolling is for, I guess.

I have been uncomfortable with some of the accusations against the Laundrie parents. Not all of them. We really have no idea what BL told them or why they have behaved the way they have. Like I said earlier today, BL had 36 or so hours during his drive to come up with some big lies to tell them. He's a creative person and probably told them some whoppers. He might even have told them Gabby was involved in some criminal activity. Or plotted something against him, or them. We just don't know.

Their behavior seems very odd to me, but I don't have a degree in Normal Behavior either. Some families are very tight and would do anything for each other, and some are not.

I think it's based on what people who know him know. So. The man's a murderer, I'm sure of that. I'm not trying to praise him. But I am recognizing that he's comfortable in the outdoors, and is willing to hike under conditions that aren't pleasant. I have spent time on the AT, and on other trails, (not a thru hiker though, at ALL) and this guy looks like a thru hiker. Not an ounce of fat on him, faded, neutral clothing, ready to camp.

My opinion is that he is a twenty something loser who lives in his mother's basement and because of that he feels the need to brag about accomplishing things he hasn't actually accomplished. IMO.

Can anyone please confirm the name of the street or road where police found the abandoned Mustang and ticketed it? I’m struggling to find that info but I know it’s out there.
There WAS a post showing the citation on here but a long time ago I'm pretty sure that the location was on it. jmo

Fort-De-Soto-Park-Ground-copy.jpg

Laundrie-Check-In-Out.jpg

The documents confirm Chapman’s suspicion that the Laundries went camping at the Fort De Soto Park outside St. Petersburg between his return from out West on Sept. 1 and the day Petito’s mother reported her missing, Sept. 11. They show the family checked in on Sept. 6 and out on Sept. 8 – but there's no record on the document of them the week prior.

The documents show the checkout was actually recorded on Sept. 8 – three days before Petito officially became a missing person.

Chapman on Tuesday questioned why the family would go camping when Petito, who lived with them, was nowhere to be found. Neighbors had also raised concerns about the camping trip.

….

Thomas Rutherford, , another camper whos name appeared on the ledger, and his wife were celebrating their anniversary at the campground, three spots down from the Laundries, he told Fox News.

He could "vaguely remember" seeing their truck and camper because he and his wife rarely see campers attached to vehicles anymore. Other than that, he had no interaction with the family.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

All of these reports about the aircraft flying over these spots here in Florida have been amazing - so impressed with all of you watching the patterns and reporting - makes me believe they are searching for a very much alive BL- maybe not now- maybe not tonight - but sometime …JMO

well done sleuthers !

I think it was one month in the van and then, mostly at tourist spots and the AT seems incredible to me, as he describes it, living on peanut butter cookies.
Yeah, an experienced hiker would know that a human needs more than a large pack of peanut butter crackers to survive in the wilderness.
He even stated he survived on next to nothing.
Kinda grandiose IMO.
Also, probably in mild weather, any extreme would have required additional calories for any human.
Tall tales, I tell ya!
MOO

Brian Laundrie is a wilderness survival expert who lived on crackers for six weeks. | The Washington Newsday

Can anyone please confirm the name of the street or road where police found the abandoned Mustang and ticketed it? I’m struggling to find that info but I know it’s out there.
There WAS a post showing the citation on here but a long time ago I'm pretty sure that the location was on it. jmo It was an unauthorized spot, not a regular parking spot.

Couple of interesting finds:
-The Laundries attorney stated that the family stayed at Fort De Soto from 9/6-9/7, but the documents from Fort De Soto show that the Laundries actually stayed until 9/8.
-An eyewitness did notice the camper, but didn't interact with the family. It doesn't state that he didn't see them, just that he didn't interact with them.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

They could very well have left the campground early, for whatever reason. The reservation documents don't prove they were there the whole time.
Did they talk to anyone while there? Did witnesses see BL there?

Has anyone confirmed that he hiked the AT or is that assumption based on what he has told people?
I did do an entire search of their hikes and he did hike the AT twice that I've been able to see. One was to climb Dragon's Tooth at the George Washington Jefferson Forest in VA and another time last year he took Gabby out on her birthday and did a hike somewhere in GA.

Did she perhaps FaceTime with her early that morning (August 30)?

My husband and I drove from Nokomis, FL to Phoenix, AZ. We started on Saturday morning and didn't get home until late Tuesday afternoon; however, we make many stops and don't do any nonstop driving. If we hadn't driven straight through (no stops, which would be impossible), it would have been a 32-hour drive.
Her mom said the last time they actually spoke was Aug 24. The only thing I can think of re the 30th was the “Yosemite” text, which was likely not Gabby, but perhaps at the time of filing the missing report mom was still giving that the benefit of the doubt? Not 100% positive about some of this, just theorizing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks