Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

2. ChicagoSleuth

ChicagoSleuth Member

The address was 6968 Reisterstown Rd, North Port, FL 34291

Source: Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

(The site is paywalled, but opened for me in Chrome Incognito mode)

3. But what were any of them doing there on Sept 18th, I believe the report said 11:22 pm? There’s nothing to do there. It’s got nothing but trees. Middle of nothing. Why is one or all three there for a police incident? Does anyone here work in LE? Can anyone read between the lines and suggest what it means?

4. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

Good catch. I once followed a famous Boston detective named Spenser....

5. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

My fiance saw the camp and amentities and is now convinced that BL took a boat to Mexico, is in AL or TX or even on a reservation.

ShadyLady, GDawg89, Trooper and 7 others like this.
  6. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

It's not delmar or the crossroad in the redacted police report about the suspicious incident. As I recall, its the street where the park leading to the reserve is located and it starts with an R and it's in a different one of the three redacted police reports.

Eta: its Reisterstown Road

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

Beans likes this.
  7. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

So far just this one person who was at the campground a few doors down, so to speak, and he said he saw the camper and truck but didn't interact with anyone. I don't know what he means by "interact" and the article doesn't go any farther.

sassyblue likes this.
  8. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

9. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I'm watching 1975 movie, Night Moves, this scene just took me by surprise. They tag their locations in the water with an empty gallon milk container. That's where they retrieve their items underwater. I've never seen a floating milk jug before that boat clip. So weird.

stayclassy, Trooper, GennyMac and 6 others like this.
  10. Beans

Beans Well-Known Member

Aha! Thank you! Just plotting things on maps and mulling things over. I’d actually not long read that piece too. No wonder I knew I’d read it somewhere. What a plum.

dtowndetective411 likes this.
  11. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

It seems like there are a lot of photos of their trips and yet there weren't any of his so called hikes on the AT. Acquaintances have mentioned him discussing it but it could be all talk.

12. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

If the FBI has a phone number, obtains a search warrant, yes.

Moo...I have no legal expertise :confused:

ShadyLady likes this.
  13. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

just got to be careful have to know what you are looking at, is it a flight school? is it a missing swimmer or boat? is it a news chopper?

ill give an example right at the top of Florida in to AL today there was 20 blackhawks and fighter jets flying around, minutes after i saw them on the radar someone in twitter said this was the military searching for BL

it wasn't there is a military flight school up there Fort Ruck and they were doing their normal training lol

14. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I bet he'll also claim he's innocent of any wrong doing :rolleyes:

Trooper, Sincerely, BellaVita and 3 others like this.
  15. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

If he's hiking for 3 months, it's likely he did more than a small section. In general, people don't tend to camp in a stationary position on the trail. I don't know if you're a hiker yourself, but through hikers often life on stuff like peanut butter cookies and granola, and have severe cravings at the end of their hikes.

I guess the bigger question is, why do you doubt his story? (I'm asking sincerely).

16. I love to hike, can I come?

SandSage likes this.
  17. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

The friends of GP's made it sound like "he" hiked the AT as in by himself. It was their reason for saying he could survive on his own off the land. I don't believe that and think it was all talk.

18. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't found any indication that he did a weekslong hike of the AT. Most people sign logbooks along the way, or it seems like there would be some pics or something, but I've found nothing other than those two times with Gabby.

dacjess, Trooper, captdj and 6 others like this.
  19. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

It's so windy and backed up with traffic and construction these days I think it takes a lot longer than it used to. But with COVID they are restricting park permits and camp permits, so maybe it's not that bad the last 2 years.

20. JayWill

JayWill Former Member

Trooper, wary, BellaVita and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.