Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

That case broke my heart. You realize there is no limit to how cruel a person can be.

In this case though, you are right, he won't even answer questions.

2. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm gonna use this to make a timeline according to Wasnt_Me.

Sept 1-3: Reserved De Soto trip cancelled (Brian arrives home)
    Sept 6: Laundrie family goes to De Soto campground
    Sept 7: Laundrie family leaves De Soto campground
    Sept 9: Petitos begin calling and texting the Laundries
    Sept 10: Police visit the Laundrie house for a welfare check.

Weekend

Sept 11: GP filed as missing person (Police confiscate the van. They said late night into early morning of 9/12)
    Sept 11, 12: Laundrie family goes to “other places” (plural!) on “different dates” this weekend.

Sept 13: SB last spoke with Brian
    Sept 14: BL leaves for a hike at Carlton, leaving his phone and wallet behind (Police put abandoned notice on mustang at 2:42pm)
    Sept 14: SB statement “Laundrie family is remaining in the background” of search for GP
    Sept 15: Parents go to reserve, find parking warning note, do nothing (Mustang seen in News footage in Laundrie's driveway)
    Sept 16th: Parents go to reserve, access vehicle and drive it home.
    Sept 17th: Parents report BL missing
    Sept 18th: Some type of suspicious incident at 11:22pm involving members of the Laundrie family.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    jash, ctmom, ChiCubs2016 and 11 others like this.
  3. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

These Ford Transit Connects are actually smaller than a minivan. Probably can't see out the back well. I'd guess she probably just didn't like driving unfamiliar territory, especially with a passenger that may get upset if she missed a turn.

4. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

When I read the above, if it’s true, I go back to wondering if he maybe really did kill himself in the swamp….

DogRescuer, agilbe, LadyL and 2 others like this.
  5. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

I fear I might fall into the "unconditional love garbage" category. I pray I never have to face what either set of parents have had to face here. I think it would do me in.

KaJo87, JB1958, B4igo2it and 31 others like this.
  6. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Yet why would his parents, completely separate from that situation, not respond to the parents of the girl who had lived under their roof for the past two years?

7. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Ita, but everyone keeps saying he ran home to mom. I keep getting a daddy vibe. I think dad’s the driving force behind protecting his son at all costs. Kind of like the vibe from Brandon Theesefeld’s pappy. Jmo

8. thor124

thor124 Active Member

GP's van was smaller than a Didge Caravan! It's crazy they thought it would make a good camper.

5th Gen Dodge Caravan - Length: 202.5", Width: 78.7", Height: 68.9", Curb Weight: 4306lbs - Dodge Caravan - Wikipedia

1st Gen Ford Transit Connect(2010+) - Length: Short Version 168.3" Long Version 180.7, Width: 70.7", Height: SWB 71.5", LWB 79.3", Curb Weight: 3373-3524lbs - Ford Transit Connect - Wikipedia

A Dodge Caravan of a similar age is longer, wider, and heavier than a 2011 Ford Transit Connect.

9. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

It is possible for him to be very comfortable in nature and still be a <modsnip> who can't hold his own...No?

He has proven that to be the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
  10. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

From the article:

The first, filed on September 16, 2021 while Petito was still a missing person, sought “reservation records for Yellowstone National Park backcountry camping site 4R1 for dates between Aug. 30, 2021, and Sept. 7, 2021.”

I'm thinking of the guy who says he saw him in a bar near Yellowstone (Bullwinkle's); however, he gives a date of August 26.

11. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

I keep getting stuck on this too. But I think it has to be something else. It just makes no sense to come all the way back home to FL. Why would his parents risk everything they worked for their entire lives, and their freedom, to participate in their son’s illegal activities. I don’t believe he told them he killed Gabby. I think he made up a story about what happened in Wyoming. Something fell apart though. We are missing too many details to be able to know what really happened.

B4igo2it, Kingsley, CityKid and 23 others like this.
  12. crussell821

crussell821 Who killed Abby and Libby?

I’m with you. I hope I never have to face a choice like this, because I’d like to believe I’d do the right thing, but there isn’t much I wouldn’t do for my boys.

B4igo2it, Kingsley, ctmom and 19 others like this.
  13. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

The earliest date on the warrant was Aug. 30th- same date as the fake text, ergo Gabby didn't send that text. Since Brian continued to use her debit card and van after Aug. 30th, it's not a stretch that he sent the fake text. He is on the hook for use of a dead woman's van that he had no legal right to use. They just haven't charged him with that yet. Many a murderer uses their victims car after killing them.

B4igo2it, HoneySugar, ctmom and 15 others like this.
  14. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Same reason that the Anthony's aided and abetted Casey.

HoneySugar, PIUK, momofm&n and 17 others like this.
  15. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

No snarking, I want to know if they will eat it if there's food in it.

16. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Good point. BL could be an abuser because he thinks that's what men do in relationships (keep the woman in line, his way or no way, etc.) and he learned by example.

17. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

Of course, it’s just that some suggest he’s not in the swamp because he ‘wouldn’t know how to survive’ or is ‘probably dead because he needs granola’ and what not. I’m just saying that all signs, for me anyway, point to him being able to survive for a good bit on his own.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
  18. Born2BWild

Born2BWild Well-Known Member

I love your posts! Witty and on point.

19. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

The Transit Connect is a very small van, even smaller than a mini-van, just taller. I owned a full-sized Transit cargo van and it was so easy to drive. It had huge dual mirrors, which made backing in super easy (and now they have backup cameras, mine didn't). Is it scary at first? Sure... but you get used to it.

20. kotis

kotis Well-Known Member

Because he told them what he did. So they got a lawyer who told them not to talk.
    I mean, who wants to say, "Oh, I thought she was just fine when I took her phone and the van and left her behind." ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.