Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can come up with....he was going to be a jerk, and sneak off with the van, leaving her stranded. So they fought, she told him to take a hike, he literally did, then hitchhiked back to get the van. He only checked to see if she was in the van. He never checked to see where she was/how she was.
This seems possible (although I admit, not likely!) because we know he was threatening/started to take the van without her when they were at Moonflower.

So when he starts getting calls from her parents, he starts to get nervous. He thought they would have heard from her by now, after she found transportation and assistance from other campers in the area. He can't talk to them though, because he knows he left her there.
But in this scenario, why did she wind up dead rather than seeking assistance from other campers, calling her parents, etc….?

Thanks. I'm gonna use this to make a timeline according to Wasnt_Me.

Sept 1-3: Reserved De Soto trip cancelled (Brian arrives home)
Sept 6: Laundrie family goes to De Soto campground
Sept 7: Laundrie family leaves De Soto campground
Sept 9: Petitos begin calling and texting the Laundries
Sept 10: Police visit the Laundrie house for a welfare check.

Weekend

Sept 11: GP filed as missing person (Police confiscate the van. They said late night into early morning of 9/12)
Sept 11, 12: Laundrie family goes to “other places” (plural!) on “different dates” this weekend.

Sept 13: SB last spoke with Brian
Sept 14: BL leaves for a hike at Carlton, leaving his phone and wallet behind (Police put abandoned notice on mustang at 2:42pm)
Sept 14: SB statement “Laundrie family is remaining in the background” of search for GP
Sept 15: Parents go to reserve, find parking warning note, do nothing (Mustang seen in News footage in Laundrie's driveway)
Sept 16th: Parents go to reserve, access vehicle and drive it home.
Sept 17th: Parents report BL missing
Sept 18th: Some type of suspicious incident at 11:22pm involving members of the Laundrie family.
Sorry, I missed what happened Sept 18. What is this about?

I thought alligators grabbed the food and then take it to the bottom to allow it to rot before eating it.
Then I remember seeing video of people feeding gators raw chickens.
I'm clueless!
Off to Google!
MOO

I just saw footage (can’t post b/c not sure it’s approved) on TikTok and a police officer told the florist (who was dropping off flowers) that she needed to take them to City Hall (site of GP’s memorial) instead of leaving them at BL’s parents house. So from this video it looks like the police were the ones calling the shots on the flowers.
Imo, the police were following a request of the parents. MOO.

I just saw footage (can’t post b/c not sure it’s approved) on TikTok and a police officer told the florist (who was dropping off flowers) that she needed to take them to City Hall (site of GP’s memorial) instead of leaving them at BL’s parents house. So from this video it looks like the police were the ones calling the shots on the flowers.
That was yesterday.
Some flowers were delivered after that incident.
Source- Brian Entin Twitter

Right, it’s not the first time they’ve really missed the mark. Maybe they’re not worth watching….
They're just too full of themselves. We advise the G7!! Wall Street! Buy our 16 books! Fig leaf! Protect the ovaries like Gabby was! We're not sure if she was "acting" when sobbing and hyperventilating because everyone does that on a traffic stop!

To get a bad taste in your mouth, watch the behavior panel, their 3 videos on Gabby. They can't see the forest for the trees. They, too, said that the traffic stop had nothing to do with previous DV, and we know that's not true. Yet they go on blithely tossing out all their minute behavioral observations, which coincidentally are named after their books. I'm tired of these commentators who can't even familiarize themselves with the facts of the case, not even as well as a run of the mill crime site poster like me.
Fellow allergy sufferer here

I fear I might fall into the "unconditional love garbage" category. I pray I never have to face what either set of parents have had to face here. I think it would do me in.
Unconditional love doesn't mean you cover for your kids' mistakes. Unconditional love means you try to support and suffer with them while they face the results of their misdeeds.
So, yes, I'd turn mine in ~ For me, that would require even more love than trying to manipulate any kind of 'protection'.

I don't know. In this scenario, someone else came along and killed a beautiful young woman alone in a remote campsite.
If that were really the case, Brian should have reported it as soon as he found her. Instead by sending fake texts, using her cards and vehicle and running just makes him look all the guiltier. Add to the fact that witnesses have seen him slapping her and getting abusive with waitresses and claiming that she was crazy. I see an abuser who went too far.

This sort of fits along something I've been chewing on. He had just gotten back from going to FL and leaving her alone... what if his parents had already had camping reservations and invited him to come along... (did they do this annually? Family tradition he doesn't want to miss out on?) When he says he is going or "we should go" camping... perhaps this is what sparked the argument. Not to interject feelings where no proof can be acquired, but if a young woman's parents are divorced and she chooses to stay in a controlling and abusive relationship... abandonment is a big trigger for her. IMO the thought of him leaving her -again- to go camping with his parents would've caused a fight.

MOO

From what I saw, the media seemed to start gathering around their house that Monday the 13th and Tuesday. I was looking at footage and couldn't really see anything indicating they'd been there before then, which might make sense because Gabby was just reported missing that Friday/Saturday.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see the mustang in outside footage until the 15th. Maybe it was in the garage, but that garage looked pretty full, and anytime we've seen the car, it's been in the driveway.

So if the media never filmed the car outside in the driveway, it could have been already at the reserve -- which would make sense for an "abandoned vehicle report" to be made on it. It has to be there at least one day, right, for that kind of report? And that report is dated 9/14 at 242pm. I assume that's the time the cop decided it was abandoned and in the redacted report, it might say when the car was first spotted. IDK. We will see.

Mustang in driveway footage:

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439593822506340353

They're just too full of themselves. We advise the G7!! Wall Street! Buy our 16 books! Fig leaf! Protect the ovaries like Gabby was! We're not sure if she was "acting" when sobbing and hyperventilating because everyone does that on a traffic stop!

I wanted to reach through the screen and (pat each of them on the head). I was furious after watching that first video.

If that were really the case, Brian should have reported it as soon as he found her. Instead by sending fake texts, using her cards and vehicle and running just makes him look all the guiltier. Add to the fact that witnesses have seen him slapping her and getting abusive with waitresses and claiming that she was crazy. I see an abuser who went too far.

In my scenario, Brian doesn't find her. He just takes the van (and her phone?) thinking he's stranding her. He doesn't know where she is, she just isn't in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle