Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

So, what would YOU do if you wanted to escape a manhunt like the one for BL in his neck of the woods? Not something I’m savvy about. I’ve no connection to LE or such searches. I do have a bit of wilderness experience, and know my local refuges and reserves reasonably well

First of all, I would not attempt to hide out in such places. Too dangerous, miserable and risky. Yes, I know the area but so do the rangers snd many others who may be assisting in the search. But wow, what a great red herring. Wild goose chase. It would take up so much time, resources, effort and misery. So leading them to such a nasty difficult place would give me time to get away. Distraction.

I’d simply walk away from the reserve. Have a hat and some masks and just keep on walking to a place where I could blend in with everyone. BL had several days from the day he reportedly left home till when the big manhunt began. Could cover a log of ground in that time.

Maybe, if. I had a mich trusted friend, meet up with him snd then more resources to help me hide. But more risk too and bringing someone in that could get into trouble

2. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Sure wish they’d get things going w Chris & Roberta already…

Brian violated the law through “Use of Unauthorized Access Devices” after getting his hands on $1,000 dollars worth of items from multiple accounts under Petito’s name.

"There is no parental-child privilege,” said Figliuzzi, “and I actually thought, by now, we would see them summoned to the grand jury. We now have an indictment, it's a federal case."

The indictment sets a new legal precedent, and if Christopher and Roberta are found to have purposely misled the police or helped Brian escape the law, they could face anywhere from 5 to 15 years in prison

Brian Laundrie's Parents May Be Forced To Pay For Estimated $1.2 Million Manhunt For Son

3. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

So true. I can’t help but feel like it’s been too easy for Dog to track him down. He just shows up and finds hot leads even though the Feds can’t find him? Idk. I’m hoping for the family’s sake.

4. Hippiechic

Hippiechic Well-Known Member

Derp!! For some reason it didn't say it until you mentioned it lol...sorry and thanks
    I'm also on a computer so maybe it needed someone to tell me lol

superbee, derpderpy, LAhiker and 2 others like this.
  5. SovereignSnake

SovereignSnake Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Jessica was driving into Spread Creek Campground because she said Brian was trying to park the van in the spot it was later captured on video by the Bethune's. She said Brian was in the middle of the road trying to park and she had to drive out of the road around him to get by. Interesting too, at the end of her TikTok video she says "And for a timeline it was parked on the 26th I believe." She doesn't sound exactly sure and I also missed her saying "...I believe." when I originally watched the video. Makes you wonder if she also had this encounter the same evening of the Bethune's on August 27th or even the following evening on the 28th. Although Jessica Schultz did say she and her friends were camping from August 22nd-29th.

superbee, LaLaw2000, Trooper and 4 others like this.
  6. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

a lot of flight activity around that area more than normal could be nothing though

lots of training/flight school/ other incidents happen day to day

7. ericasf

ericasf Well-Known Member

8. SpicyFruit

SpicyFruit Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

superbee, LaLaw2000, LinasK and 5 others like this.
  9. Ur728

Ur728 Well-Known Member

10. Mikeysmom

Mikeysmom Active Member

11. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

The lawyer released a statement to the AP on the 14th or 15th saying he advised his client not to speak to the authorities. So I think it's pretty clear he represents BL

superbee, borndem and agilbe like this.
  12. gin2

gin2 Active Member

Jungle becomes difficult to get through very quickly. It's also hot and humid. Dog is not bothered by a challenging environment.

13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Thinking maybe they found stuff stashed or buried relating to BL or Gabby. Not likely, but maybe just maybe. jmo

14. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Got another chopper head that way and the ND52 SF is at a stand still. They may have landed. The L/L same for the last few minutes

superbee, lastkiss, agilbe and 5 others like this.
  15. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

16. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Yes

superbee, agilbe and Lexiintoronto like this.
  17. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

superbee, dacjess, Sundog and 5 others like this.
  18. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

J.B. Biunno
    @WFLAJB

STREAM TBA: I’ve been told that our #WFLANow livestream on the #BrianLaundrie search update in on hold (for now). We could be live very soon, or a bit later this afternoon. I’ll tweet out an updated start time ASAP. We apologize for the delay. It’s for a good reason.
    @WFLA

9:30 AM · Sep 29, 2021· AZ time

J.B. Biunno
    @WFLAJB

·
    7m

Just so we’re all on the same page: Brian Laundrie has not been found and Gabby Petito’s autopsy results are yet to be released. Just checked again: there’s no imminent #WFLANow stream at this time. #TrackingTheTropics is coming up at 2:00e on http://WFLA.com & FB.

superbee, Trooper, dacjess and 8 others like this.
  19. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Big hugs to you, I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for your Mom and peace and comfort to you.

20. Mikeysmom

Mikeysmom Active Member

MOO if Dog finds this guy this is going to look pretty bad for the FBI and LE right? I would think the FBI would already know they went camping etc. And maybe the delay in the WFLA is so they are not just filling time up on the same information. I hope they are waiting for reports or confirmations, maybe even a reporter on a scene somewhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.