Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a DNA cup in her hand. #gabbypetitio #BrianLaundrie
Quote Tweet
lUhyFzZj_mini.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 1m
Video of the FBI going into the Laundrie's camper this afternoon.
1:54 PM · Sep 30, 2021·Twitter for Android
Was the female carrying something back into the house?

as far as DTBH finding a discarded energy drink can, I highly doubt it is Brian's both him and Gabby were adamant about how disgusting littering was; which I think was more BL influence on GP so I can't see him throwing a can away in nature. I think DTBH was just sensationalizing and deflecting from the fact he found nothing. MOO

I'm just wondering, as someone who is not based in the US, what's the 'time limit' on this? Is there likely to be a trial, even if BL is not found? If they're potentially collecting more DNA evidence, is that for forensic purposes only, or is it linked to a trial, or are the two entwined?

He can wear a long sleeve shirt in public, and cover his hands with his sleeves. Add a hat and a mask, and he looks like a million young balding white guys around the country.
Not easy to cover fingers, though, unless with gloves.

If BL’s parents confirm to FBI that there is a known blood stain in the camper, might it have been collected for some “baseline” toxicology purpose in the event BL’s body is found to assist with COD?
I don't think LE had a warrant to search the camper. They may have looked in it when they searched the house but I haven't heard it was taken and processed for evidence. Imo

as far as DTBH finding a discarded energy drink can, I highly doubt it is Brian's both him and Gabby were adamant about how disgusting littering was; which I think was more BL influence on GP so I can't see him throwing a can away in nature. I think DTBH was just sensationalizing and deflecting from the fact he found nothing. MOO
Unless he split in a hurry. If I was leaving in a hurry because Dog was on my tail (no pun intended) I wouldn’t be worried about picking up my garbage I’d be trying to get outta there MOO

I'm just wondering, as someone who is not based in the US, what's the 'time limit' on this? Is there likely to be a trial, even if BL is not found? If they're potentially collecting more DNA evidence, is that for forensic purposes only, or is it linked to a trial, or are the two entwined?

no time limit...everything they collect can potentially be used as evidence in trial if deemed admissible

I wouldn’t pretend to know! I’m just following what others are saying that it looked like lab kits. Certainly if they find his body they would need it for verification. But I imagine there could be other reasons related to the case as well. JMO

But all they would need for verification would be BL's DNA which they surely have. I suspect they could be looking for blood evidence. Specifically Gabby's blood.

Thank you, the laws are so different to over here and I sometimes struggle to keep up with legal jargon etc. I’m very glad he’s a fugitive and I’m assuming it gives them more leeway in what they can do? Let’s hope he’s found soon, Gabby deserves justice.
My opinion only, but the credit card warrant does two things for the government case. It gives them a reason to arrest BL even before all the body evidence from Gabby has been analyzed, so when they have cause of death they can question him right away and possibly charge him with murder. And second, the fact that BL used her credit card instead of leaving it behind with her shows consciousness that she was dead and wouldn't be needing money.

That makes no sense because I am certain FBI already has BL's DNA.. only need that to match.
Hi TokyoRose, I want to follow up with you to ask what you mean. 100% not being snarky, I’m genuinely feeling like I’m missing something. Here’s what I’m thinking. All hypothetical.

If LE finds a body & for whatever reason they suspect it is a specific person, & even if they’ve sequenced that person’s DNA, it doesn’t to my mind prove who the person “is.” LE just has a DNA sequence. They still need something to match it to, & that would have to come from another person.

IMO they wouldn’t rely on “found” DNA from other people because that still wouldn’t say who those people are. Say LE found Bertolino’s DNA on a cup in their house. So they test it & say “this body is not the son.” They would need to have a chain of custody for evidence, from a direct blood draw or swab.

Sometimes it appears sufficient in some cases to have someone presumed to be known to the person come in & identify a body—but sometimes, depending on the condition of the body, that’s not possible. To my mind, the only way to definitively prove a person is X is to sequence the DNA of a direct relative. That way LE can say “this body is the son” or whatever the case may be.

This is how I understand it but I could absolutely be wrong, & am genuinely curious about how else they would know BLs DNA is BL, if you know what I mean! Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

Last edited:

I completely agree. Also, surely if BL has evaded capture all this time he HAS to be savvy when it comes to leaving no trace behind.

A discarded energy can goes against his environmental principles but also hands the FBI his DNA, placing him in that location.

MOO

no time limit...everything they collect can potentially be used as evidence in trial if deemed admissible

Thanks for clarifying! So, even if BL is not found/is found dead (though, I'm more concerned about if he isn't found at all), the case would still go to trial? After what period of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021