Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they took the tip seriously enough to search. I am pretty sure this #BrianLaundrie dude is hiding in Fort De Soto Park. A bunch of islands, easy to camp in, no big predators. An ex military family member of mine thinks they saw him there.

Peace River Search & Rescue joined search for Brian Laundrie in Fort De Soto Park
Peace River Search and Rescue assisted Dog the Bounty Hunter in Fort De Soto Park Wednesday.
nbc-2.com
Are they a public LE organization? Or do you have to pay them to show up? If the latter, Dog is probably paying them to help.

The phone isn't my issue. It's the NEW account. You don't have to open a new account to replace a lost phone.

What is the point of the new account? Especially if he just left the phone home?

HIs other phone might have been on an account with Gabby, however whatever account it was on the call history can be obtained by subpoena by LE. IMO.

When my kids were young and in high school, social media was not a thing. But today, as we all know, it is a thing. In dealing with sm I know some of my extended family members do not allow their kids on social media until a certain point, certain age, level of maturity. ...The fact that there is no social media footprint prior to a certain point for either GP or BL could just very well be they weren't permitted to participate until a certain point. Imo
Didn't Mike from Profiling Evil say Brian had no SM presence before he and Gabby got engaged? I think it was more her interest than his. Being so antisocial, I don't think he felt comfortable documenting their trip. He seemed more interested in hiking and camping then helping Gabby with her blog.

After all, that's what they had been arguing about for the two days leading up to the DV incident. Brian didn't believe she could do it, according to GP. I think it's more likely he didn't 'want' her to do it.

IMO
@Mom24 @MsBetsy
it’s also possible they did have their Instagram accounts previously. You can archive pictures on Instagram, so maybe they archived their previous posts because it didn’t fit the “image” they were going for. I’ve archived all my posts from before 2019. They’re still accessed, only by me in my account settings. I’ve archived them because they were cringey, or too “wild”, or had bad filters (the kind that were popular in like 2014). Insta is so different nowadays and their accounts were meant to be seen, using hashtags to gain attraction, etc. so there’s a whole format for how they probably wanted their instagrams to look.

There are also private Instagram accounts people have that they call “finstas” that are separate from their public accounts and only available for their friends to access (private) and usually are a little more wild or explicit or funny, not the stuff you put on the page your parents follow, MOO My Own Experience.

Last edited:
We don't know what he told them. In his (probable) heads-up, I'm coming home call he may have told them that Gabby had flown to NY. He was the primary driver on their trip, so it may not have been weird that he drove the van home, whether they thought he was the owner of it or not. They may have thought that he owned it, but even Gabby's mom was quoted as saying in an interview "they bought the van"....so maybe neither set of parents knew that it was Titled as Gabby's. jmo

Could be. But nonetheless, as a parent, I'm going to need some clarity. I would be completely loathe to initiate a call to my adult child's ex or (worse yet) her parents, but if I didn't have clarity on what happened, that's what I would do. "Hey Gabby, we've got some of your things here. Sorry about what's happened between you two but I would like to make sure you get your things back. Where should we send them?"

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443569077235044363

1/2
New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino:

"I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...

2/2 ...Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on September 14, 2021 and the FBI now has that phone."

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443579412662738948

Followed up with: Do you know where Brian's previous phone is? The one he had while traveling out West with Gabby?
Bertolino response: No.

The phone isn't my issue. It's the NEW account. You don't have to open a new account to replace a lost phone.

What is the point of the new account? Especially if he just left the phone home?

IF he didn't have a "full function" type of service (as was hypothesized here several threads back) getting service that did everything (voice, text, data without having to use an app with Wifi) might have been technically a new account. A new account doesn't necessarily mean a new number. And I'm not sure why everyone assumes his old phone was fully insured. I know people who do not insure their phones or don't do it when they are past a certain age.
JMO

This is exactly why I think it's a big mistake for SB to be texting journalists small parts of the story. He may not have meant new "account" but just trying to signal it was not burner phone, it had an account attached to it. I don't think we know either way. His texts are just one sentence answers.

Can we start off the day saying the timeline from 9/1 to 9/10 is still a mystery to us? A lot have assumed that parents knew, hired attorney, ignored calls on 9/1 or over that time period but we don't know what happened when. Just throwing that out there before we have 10 pages of arguments. When they knew and what they knew can change the narrative wildly so assumptions are dangerous.

I agree with this, but for me at least, as a parent of an 18 year old (granted that's different than a 23-24 year old), I'm just trying to understand what they found out from BL and when by looking at their actions (and their attorney's actions) and what GP's family has said about the Laundries. It also seemed so bizarre, but through the discussion on the threads, some plausible scenarios have taken shape. Nevertheless, you are right that so much of it is based on assumptions.

Gosh, yeah, I saw this. I'm guessing that's BL's father yelling about people being on his property? If that's how he handles his anger, it makes me wonder about the environment BL was brought up in and the influences he had in his formative years. That man's rage is palpable and scary.

EDIT: I've just seen that it was a neighbour, not BL's father (please correct me again if I'm wrong!) so discount that. Still, seeing little flickers of rage flaring up in people like this gives me the heebie jeebies.
It is the neighbor. I w I work from home as a programmer and that bullhorn guy would drive me insane. I'd be pretty darn angry. Does not affect the environment I raise my child in and mean I am a bad influence. Just means I cannot work with constant noise. This is not bullhorn guy's first go around, he is an obnoxious nuisance IMO.
GP definitely had Snapchat as reported by her mother and a friend.
Gen Z only uses snapchat and instagram as my daughter informed me. FB is dead to most of that generation I suppose

@Mom24 @MsBetsy
it’s also possible they did have their Instagram accounts previously. You can archive pictures on Instagram, so maybe they archived their previous posts because it didn’t fit the “image” they were going for. I’ve archived all my posts from before 2019. They’re still accessed, only by me in my account settings.
Oh! didn't know that! Thanks that makes sense!

I believe if BL purchased a phone on Sept 14th he is alive. The fact he wanted a phone before he disappeared tells me he planned on using it. The fact an older woman was with him I’m sure is under scrutiny and she will be questioned about her involvement as well. Video surveillance should expose the identity of that woman.
I just wish we could get some verification about the 14th (the article began with TMZ but then was picked up by Fox, Yahoo news, The Independent, etc.), because the attorney says only on Sep 4 (of course he may not have been informed on everything) and FBI will neither deny nor confirm.

Attorney seems to be really trying to clarify Brian's phone situation. I ask "why" is it so important to them. FBI and LE need to figure that out, there must be a reason they don't want this delved into. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks