Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burner phone's don't have a lot of capabilities from my understanding. They can go days without a charge sometimes week's depending on how often they are used.

Since burner phones are feature phones, they are severely limited in their abilities. Most lack cameras or access to a modern browser, and are instead limited to phone calls and text messaging. Since they are relatively lightweight devices, they have excellent battery life, too. Many such devices will last for days on a single charge, and sometimes even months if you use the battery sparingly.

https://www.howtogeek.com/712588/what-is-a-burner-phone-and-when-should-you-use-one/

I disagree. Tracfones are considered burner phones and have many that are full featured. Even the simple flip phones have cameras. (I have one)

Phones | TracfoneStore

Unless the parents agreed to it.
No, the parents don't need to agree to anything if their DNA was taken from a hairbrush inside the house. Or any daily use items, it would be obvious whose DNA sequence is whose based on the fact that only 4 people lived in that house, and most recently only 2, the parents.

Can I ask as a UK resident and not too sure on US law (apart from tv shows) is BL classed as a fugitive now because there is a warrant out for his arrest for the unlawful use of the card or is he still just under suspicion?
He is definitely a fugitive on the run since he hasn't turned himself in for credit card fraud. They are not assuming he is dead at this point, even though many have speculated here that he might be. But the FBI assumes he is alive until they find evidence of death.

I've lost track the Laundries haven't gone camping again since Labor Day weekend correct?

BL lived in this house, his DNA is everywhere in there, I find it to believe that they wouldn't have gotten DNA from their first search.
I just replied but I haven’t had my coffee yet & don’t think I answered well so I’m trying again (will delete the other one). Yes, like you say, I have no doubt they already have BLs DNA. I was trying to focus more on if there had been moves to collect the parents’ DNA, perhaps covertly by requesting some item of his that his parents would have had to touch to collect. I don’t believe it’s been revealed that there was ever a warrant for the parents’ DNA, but as we know LE can attempt to obtain that covertly. JMO!

No, the parents don't need to agree to anything if their DNA was taken from a hairbrush inside the house. Or any daily use items, it would be obvious whose DNA sequence is whose based on the fact that only 4 people lived in that house, and most recently only 2, the parents.

Does DNA sequencing establish blood type?

I would assume (MOO) that the search warrant associated with the first big search of the home was related to the financial/unauthorized use charges. And I would assume that DNA would NOT have been part of that warrant as it probably wouldn't be very relevant.
The first big search was after GP had been found wasn't it? I would think they were looking for everything GP's or BL'S.

I disagree. Tracfones are considered burner phones and have many that are full featured. Even the simple flip phones have cameras. (I have one)

Phones | TracfoneStore

My friend sells weed (mods I’m not starting a discussion about drugs it’s just an important detail) and he has a burner phone. It’s an iPhone but it’s prepaid and no attached to his name or a phone account.

Just thinking (or typing) my thoughts here on why the FBI came back for additional testing. What if something was found from GP's van that needs additional DNA testing of BL (or perhaps any potential accomplices that may have helped with van clean-up etc).

I just replied but I haven’t had my coffee yet & don’t think I answered well so I’m trying again (will delete the other one). Yes, like you say, I have no doubt they already have BLs DNA. I was trying to focus more on if there had been moves to collect the parents’ DNA, perhaps covertly by requesting some item of his that his parents would have had to touch to collect. I don’t believe it’s been revealed that there was ever a warrant for the parents’ DNA, but as we know LE can attempt to obtain that covertly. JMO!

Why would the FBI want the parent's DNA?

If BL’s parents confirm to FBI that there is a known blood stain in the camper, might it have been collected for some “baseline” toxicology purpose in the event BL’s body is found to assist with COD?

Only thing I could remotely suggest is DNA match.

FAjZr8WXMAEkdq8

The boxes look like standard physical evidence recovery kits

He is definitely a fugitive on the run since he hasn't turned himself in for credit card fraud. They are not assuming he is dead at this point, even though many have speculated here that he might be. But the FBI assumes he is alive until they find evidence of death.

Thank you, the laws are so different to over here and I sometimes struggle to keep up with legal jargon etc. I’m very glad he’s a fugitive and I’m assuming it gives them more leeway in what they can do? Let’s hope he’s found soon, Gabby deserves justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member