Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as DTBH finding a discarded energy drink can, I highly doubt it is Brian's both him and Gabby were adamant about how disgusting littering was; which I think was more BL influence on GP so I can't see him throwing a can away in nature. I think DTBH was just sensationalizing and deflecting from the fact he found nothing. MOO
...that was before a murder jogged his philosophy.
MOO

Unlocked iPhone with an anonymous pre-paid SIM card. I bet there is still the possibility of the FBI tracking to the hardware if they are really motivated.

I concur. Just because it isn't linked to him through the account, if they wanted to badly enough, once they figured out the IMEI, it wouldn't be difficult to trace. Another piece I've wondered about, but didn't want to wade into those waters, in 2014, the CIA built the Utah Data Center. It's purportedly capable of capturing every single data transmission from every single phone, email, and internet search in the U.S (as well as all types of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital 'pocket litter'.) They claim to do nothing with the data, but with a federal agency involved, is it too far fetched to think the Feds could work together on this to get their hands on the data that was transmitted. Either from her phone, his old phone, his new phone, parents phone, etc? They'd have access to every bit of this data, and no one outside the agency would know it ever happened.

Look how good the Mods are here at tracking and canning TOS violations, how good do you think the CIA would be at gathering the data on an individual suspected of a crime?

I don't think LE had a warrant to search the camper. They may have looked in it when they searched the house but I haven't heard it was taken and processed for evidence. Imo
I’m wondering whether they noticed a blood stain during the first search. Then today, they got confirmation from the Laundries that it was BL’s and requested a sample. I wonder whether it would be useful to have some sort of “baseline” blood sample for possible toxicology/COD determination situation to compare with, say, a decomposed body. All moo and speculation, of course.

Last edited:
Unless he split in a hurry. If I was leaving in a hurry because Dog was on my tail (no pun intended) I wouldn’t be worried about picking up my garbage I’d be trying to get outta there MOO
but if that truly was the case doubt he would want to leave evidence behind and if DTBH was truly close enough to alert BL of his encroachment he would've captured him or at least something more substantial than a discarded can - footprints, fresh scent, signs of shelter, etc. Just my opinion.

OK. I dug up more information on that aircraft. It IS indeed a private jet, very surprisingly flying that flight pattern! As a pilot, I barely understand how that is possible, and it is certainly not practical.

CL60 is a model number of the plane. The registration number is something else and I found it. It is registered to a non-law enforcement entity that requested privacy on FlightAware (no tracking)

I was able to track and verify it through other aviation data sites (owner, N-number, and that specific flight track) but will not disclose here unless the mods contact me through PM and give me the OK.

View attachment 315532
MOO...the search is in some way connected to the FBI, possible private company with a contract.

Article has numerous examples.

FBI Spy Planes Monitored a Single Suspect for Nearly 429 Hours

THE FBI’S SECRETIVE spy plane program targeted a man in Florida last year with nearly constant surveillance, logging more than 400 hours in the air with a fleet of Cessna aircraft registered to what appear to be front companies.

This aerial surveillance, described in a filing made Monday in federal court, reveals for the first time the FBI’s enormous capacity to target a single individual inside the United States for prolonged monitoring using aircraft.

<snipped>

The existence of the FBI’s spy plane program was revealed after the 2015 protests in Baltimore following the death of Freddie Gray in police custody. At the request of the Baltimore Police Department, the FBI dispatched Cessna aircraft to monitor crowds from April 29 to May 3, 2015, and a year later the FBI released that video footage to the public.

That article is a day old. Dog has since moved on.

There will not be a trial in absentia.
There will not be a trial if the charged person was found dead.

Let me clarify...they have no time limit to prosecute a homicide case...if he is found deceased, he will be presumed "innocent"...case closed, but the family can file a wrongful death suit against Ls Family is my understanding.

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman hired a private K-9 team to help search a tiny Tampa Bay island for any trace of Brian Laundrie, a fugitive person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito.

A crew of four people carrying backpacks and other supplies left on boats headed to search Egmont Key, a 450 acre, mostly uninhabited island at the mouth of Tampa Bay. "We're out here at the island," Chapman said in a video posted on Twitter yesterday. "This would be and could be a perfect spot for him to hide, not too many people out here."
Dog The Bounty Hunter Hired A K9 Team To Catch Brian Laundrie | K102 | Amy James

A clarification, we are talking about two different islands in the Tampa Bay Area, Shell Key is a very short distance from the campground. Egmont Key is further away and larger. Both Keys are uninhabited and mostly nature preserves. I seen various MSM referring to the "island" they are actually looking at several islands within a short distance of the Fort De Soto Campground.

Are GP's personal possessions still in the Laundrie's garage?

If so, why hasn't her family received them after she is declared deceased?

Perhaps the family is grieving and waiting for things to settle down? I know I wouldn't want anything at all to do with the Laundries. I guess they could send movers - but who is to say what is Gabby's and what isn't, from inside that packed garage?

I'm just wondering, as someone who is not based in the US, what's the 'time limit' on this? Is there likely to be a trial, even if BL is not found?

If he is to be tried, he needs to be found.

Though trials "in absentia" might be technically possible in the United States, they, as others have noted, are never conducted.

This is probably due to the longstanding linkage between being present at trial and the constitutional rights to examine the evidence against oneself and to "face one's accusers".

But the good news is that there are no statues of limitation on murder. So, if- hopefully when, he is found, he can be tried no matter how long its been.

Bouncing off
It is just announcing to the Court who the representing attorney will be. In this case, the US because it's a Federal case.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Bouncing off of your post. Would these attorney's be more specialized in particular areas of the law? Like it we looked into their previous cases or something, could we determine if perhaps the FBI is planning to pursue murder charges down the road? No idea how the law works.

Thanks for clarifying! So, even if BL is not found/is found dead (though, I'm more concerned about if he isn't found at all), the case would still go to trial? After what period of time?

No. The U.S. does not prosecute suspects in absentia (at least I've never seen it) and does not prosecute deceased suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288