Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
In jest ......Can I just say that if a dog's nose is so sensitive, how come my dog as to smell poop from exactly 1/10 of a millimeter away. I can smell the poop from more than 5 feet away but my dog has to get all up in there!
You’re so right… haha!!

Not to be a wet blanket.

However, BL's neighbor reporting that she saw him after the 9/6-9/8 camping trip appears to be quite significant.

This was the trip with his parents to Fort De Soto Park.

But the neighbor's account appears to negate the theory that he was left there by his folks.

Namely, a once promising theory by Dog the Bounty Hunter.

I'm trying to find more info on that. Newer models do include toilets and even full baths in the slide in models, don't know about the older slide-in pop up models. And I can't seem to find any information on the Laundrie's type of slide-in pop up.
There's slide in types-those have a hard body and sit up higher. The Laundrie's is what's called a slide-in because it slides into the back of the truck, and it's also a pop up. You'll notice it sits low, so when it's parked to use there's a handle to lift the top and it has soft sides that allow to lift up.
The Laundrie's is an Apache Special Edition. I can't seem to find any information about that specific manufacturer or model. I'm assuming it's a used camper but I don't know how old it is.
Depending on the age, it may not have had a toilet in it. I'll keep looking!
And a link to an APACHE warrior with interior photos.
Inventory Images

Police in North Port, Florida received two 911 calls connected to the home of fugitive Brian Laundrie's parents on September 10 — the day before his fiancée, Gabby Petito, 22, was reported missing.

The were both 'public service' calls, with the first placed just before 4pm and the second around 6.30pm, according to police logs provided to DailyMail.com.

It is unclear who called 911 or what those calls entailed as the logs have been partially redacted. However, both calls have been given the brief description of 'problem settled'.

Officers also received three calls connected to the residence on September 11, the day Petito's mother filed a missing persons' report for the 22-year-old.

Those incidents were listed as 'follow up/investigation' and 'agency assist.'

Response to the calls was described as 'problem settled,' 'no police action needed' and 'report submitted'.

At least 46 emergency calls were made in connection to the residence for various reasons between September 10 and September 27 including 'missing person,' 'disturbance,' 'follow up/investigation,' 'agency assist,' 'special detail,' 'patrol check' and 'public service'.

The provided records indicate that officers most recently received a call connected to the home on Monday at 5.10pm, with calls placed earlier in the day at 8.06am, 8.28am, 1.29pm, 2.45pm and 4.13pm.
Cops were called to Brian Laundrie's home twice on the day BEFORE Gabby Petito was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

September 10, 6:30PM: Gabby’s father was involved in a public service incident report at Brian’s parent’s home where Gabby lived at. He did not go to the home physically, North Port police said separately, but expressed concern about his daughter's whereabouts. Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation, but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police incident report involving the home where his daughter lived with Laundrie and his parents. The address came up twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing

He's probably the guy who drank the monster.

That's possible, another loner roaming around on that island who knows?

I've been thinking about that monster energy drink, what if it matched up to a lot/batch found at the Laundries home.
Now before anybody starts throwing things at me LOL, when the parents went to Orlando to meet with their attorney RL purse appeared to be stacked with something.

Empty monster cans maybe?!?

Interesting...911 calls are recorded. So , the September 10th calls, when we were all in the dark about GB, might be telling. Wondering whether it was a family member who was told something, and they felt was reportable, and then hung up due to familial pressure. Speculating , curious, and JMO.
I thought I had heard that GP’s Dad went to the Laundrie’s home. Not sure of the truth in that, but I did hear it. Also not sure of the date GP’s dad went there, if he really did. So confusing!

Interesting...911 calls are recorded. So , the September 10th calls, when we were all in the dark about GB, might be telling. Wondering whether it was a family member who was told something, and they felt was reportable, and then hung up due to familial pressure. Speculating , curious, and JMO.
I thought I had heard that GP’s Dad went to the Laundrie’s
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing

He can withdraw up to $1k per day on those ATM machines if he went to a capitol one atm machine. If another affiliated one, maybe much less.
And he can spend up to $5k per day including withdrawals/purchases on that card.

i know ATMs can be accessed anywhere, so would the FBI have some sort of alert on that account number to let them know when anyone is taking money out? The customer may not know but the bank and FBI are alerted.

also, IF the parents are sending cash, they would have to go to a PO, UPS, etc, to send it to their son, again all traceable Unless, they take the cash to a friend or a relative, then that person at a later time would send out the cash which is in a small box or padded envelope to an alias and some address. However, I would think any large amounts of money unless from an ATM, might be marked in some way for tracing. The banks could have remarked money just for this case.

I also have wondered if any items that could have BLs DNA on them, are not his but his dad clothes. Remember Cindy Anthony tried to hide DNA from LE when searching for Caylee. Cindy did a switch. LE caught on quick. So ever time in the current case, clothing or like items have been recovered for DNA, I wonder if a switch has taken place.

He will be found dead or alive.

It’s been bugging me as to why the FBI keep going to collect Brian items because I think the FBI doesn’t need to do it 3 times. And I wonder if the FBI is going there to try and get Brian’s parents to communicate with him so they can trace the call. Maybe they r trying to see if the parents will call him to let him know what’s going on

Is Brian Laundrie Alive? One Seasoned Pro Says Yes — and Where He Thinks FBI Should Look Next
In an interview with News 4, Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force before his retirement from the U.S. Marshals Service, said he believes Laundrie was never in that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves," said Caine, who has no involvement in the Petito/Laundrie case but who offered an expert opinion based on 30-plus years working such mysteries in the United States and abroad.

"You're gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine asked. "I don't even think he was ever in that preserve."
From the link:
“…LE might see him hitchhiking or walking through the woods or a game preserve warden or in a foreign country ... places with an abundant homeless population unfrequented by police are areas people evading law enforcement might try to blend in.”

Doesn’t reall narrow things down. I think he’s more comfortable in nature than with the homeless. Jmo

Right, they don't make/sell any new models for the APACHE camper in their driveway. The latest model i found was in 2013.

Could be much older than that. My parents have a similar model Apache (the full hard side, not popup) that's from 1975-ish. They last forever if you take care of them.

More room inside than they look, too. There's usually a bed in the part that goes over the cab, and a dinette that converts to a bed, plus room for a sleeping bag on the floor.

What the Laundries have is a Sun Valley Apache pop-up slide-in truck camper. These are no longer made as Sun Valley is out of business and their assets were liquidated in 2009, so this must be a used truck camper that was bought as a fixer-upper which explains the neighbors comments about BL and his dad working on this camper in the driveway. This unit would not have a toilet because of the pop up roof and window configuration (think about it, no way to make the bathroom walls private with windows all around the top. The bunk over the cab is large enough to sleep 2 and the table on the passenger side converts to a bed. So it can sleep 3. I'm not certain what year this camper is, but it looks similar to this one: 2001 APACHE WARRIOR 8.0 WINDOW POP-UP TRUCK CAMPER FITS 6 1/2 & 8FT BED in Latrobe, PA

Sheriff Grady Judd on Brian Laundrie: ‘We would have never let him out of our custody’ | WFLA
On Thursday, during a press conference about a child *advertiser censored* investigation, Sheriff Judd commented on the Petito case, saying he would have detained Laundrie after Petito’s parents reported her missing.

“I can tell you at this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we never would have let him out of our custody that day. Other than that, I’m not sure where their investigation is,” Judd told reporters.
“I can tell you that according to Florida law, when she was the victim of domestic violence originally, he would’ve been arrested,” Judd said of the incident.

Imo, from UK, need this checked if similar to u.s. law. If a dna sample is supllied for missing person and parents supply familial dna sample it is not legal sample for criminal conviction.how ever when those samples are processed, causing dna alarms going off for a criminal offence.A warrant to take dna sample is granted and new set of swabs taken.When this time the result comes thru , it can be used for criminal proceedures. This process also prevents future jurors ,becoming aware of previous dna convictions.
Moo, first post.impressed with you all

Good call.

Maybe a conversation ensued along the lines of,

"Nope, I'm not going along with this. I'm phoning the police right now!!"

..but then they either changed their mind and hung up the phone, or were persuaded to hang up by the other Laundries.

Just a hypothetical and MOO, but if that DID play out then I wonder who was the one making the call?

Could it have even been BL but then his parents talked him round and convinced him he could get away with it if he fled!?

JMO

Last edited:
Hmm...wellp in looking it doesn't matter if it came equipped with a bathroom or not because you can install one. So someone could have put one in before the Laundries bought it.
Sigh. So yes, it may have been something to do with the toilet? Although that seems unlikely since the chemicals in it would cause issues with extraction of any biological material.
If it were DNA they were swabbing for, I'm not sure why they'd go in with a specimen cup.

Not to be a wet blanket.

However, BL's neighbor reporting that she saw him after the 9/6-9/8 camping trip appears to be quite significant.

This was the trip with his parents to Fort De Soto Park.

But the neighbor's account appears to negate the theory that he was left there by his folks.

Namely, a once promising theory by Dog the Bounty Hunter.

I wouldn't hang my hat on witness testimony regarding the dates neighbors may have seen BL... people have terrible recall, and witness testimony is highly unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member