Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 29 yo daughter died in May and I called AT&T to find out if LE could access her records even if I ended her phone service. AT&T told me that they kept records of texts and phone logs for 18 months and maybe could even get older records under some circumstances. AT&T said they needed a warrant from LE to provide the info and could not give it to me even if my daughter was on my family plan. AT&T said they could even provide transcripts of text messages between my daughter’s iPhone and other types of phones. However, iMessages between 2 iPhones would have to be requested from Apple (also with a warrant) if my daughter had an iCloud account that backed up her phone, which she did. Apple will not unlock phones even if LE asks them to. Just FYI my daughter died of an OD, which NC investigates as a homicide. I let the detective know the information from AT&T, but I don’t know if NC LE ever got a warrant for AT&T or Apple. I gave LE her phone and text logs. All this to say I don’t think BL getting a new phone will preclude LE from getting data on his old phone from AT&T and/or Apple.
I’m so sorry for your loss.

They were silent before their son went missing, him missing was not the catalyst for their silence.
Yes, I agree about the catalyst.
However, Richard Stafford, the attorney for the Petito family, said in a brief statement sent to CNN, "All of Gabby's family want the world to know that Brian is not missing, he is hiding. Gabby is missing."

I wonder if there have been 911 calls made in the past from the Laundrie residence?

When I say 'in the past', I mean in the time period BL and GP lived there along with BL's parents.

It's been widely reported that BL and GP's relationship was hot and cold, on and off, so it makes me think that 911 might have been called before if their arguments were explosive (and particularly if one, or both of them got violent).

MOO
Great sleuthing question!

Except he didn't show up there.

JP's lawyer has asserted that he never went to the house or even the neighbourhood. The NPPD have also tried to clarify this point.

Apparently the September 10th 'public service' incident appears to be a call made to the police asking for a wellness check on Gabby - or something along those lines.

TL;DR Gabby's dad did not go to the Laundrie's residence.

Ahh OK, thanks for clearing that up, happy to be corrected on that.

A wellness check call makes things even more confusing since not one of the Laundries seem to have shown any concern for the wellness of Gabby.

MOO

This is interesting, because IMO this scenario as you described would indicate that the Laundries alerted law enforcement of Mr. Petito, effectively bringing LE into the Gabby-gone-missing scenario. If they (or their son) were in-process of evading the law, would they be so eager to call 911?
UPDATE: Rick Stafford, the Petito family’s attorney, said that the records shouldn’t be read to indicate some kind of exchange between Laundrie and Joseph Petito that day.“From what I understand, on September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,” Mr Stafford added. “If there is a report, when that report comes out, it’s going to be the missing persons report that was taken over the phone from Joe to the North Port police department.”
BBM
Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

This! We know they do that - they called 911 when DTBH was knocking on their door and wouldn't go away so you can bet your bottom dollar they did the same when Gabby's dad showed up.

MOO
Gabby's Dad was NOT THERE.

Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,”

Southern forests and swamps have a certain number of predatory animals, but by far the most dangerous ones are other *advertiser censored* Sapiens.

In the end, the other wildlife is more dangerous in theory than in practice:

Alligators do not actively hunt humans and will almost always leave adult humans alone if left alone. Exceptions can be made when humans present themselves as easy meals of opportunity or pests by entering or walking very close to the water at dawn or dusk, swimming fully immersed, stumbling over or messing around with an alligator- especially during nesting season etc.

Poisonous snakes? They do exist, but unlike their extremely poisonous cousins on other continents, US poisonous snakes and other creepy crawlies are relatively not that poisonous. Sure, people have been killed, but its usually the result of an allergic reaction or from leaving the bite untreated for days.

Quicksand? Very common in movies, less common in reality- if it even exists at all in the "suck'em down" sense of the word.

In short, unless he killed himself, there is a very good chance that he did not fall victim to ferocious fauna and is alive and doing relatively well.
I was responding to someone asking "how would BL get into the water." IF he was ever there, one would hope he would stay out of the water, but the place has been flooded for a month. I really don't care what happens to him with ferocious fauna, but as I said, I doubt he was ever in that swamp anyway. Horrible place to hide.

What's the likelihood of him getting mauled by a panther? J/w.
Not likely... here in South FL, while the Panther is for real, they are not overly populated and usually in the Everglades and a mascot of our local hockey team.... as for gators, they are so much more prominent.... a while ago a woman was walking her dog along the edge of a neighborhood lake... I’ll leave it at that. We are surrounded by lakes that are set up through water channels from the Everglades! All our community lakes have posted signs to be aware of Alligators! It’s a way of life. I never walk close to a lake. It’s anyone’s guess what a gator will do.

Except he didn't show up there.

JP's lawyer has asserted that he never went to the house or even the neighbourhood. The NPPD have also tried to clarify this point.

Apparently the September 10th 'public service' incident appears to be a call made to the police asking for a wellness check on Gabby - or something along those lines.

TL;DR Gabby's dad did not go to the Laundrie's residence.

I wonder why he didn't go there. Seems like that would have been the easiest way to find out if Gabby was there. With him being the geographically closest of Gabby's parents.
I suspect that the parents didn't get along too well ... my guess is that would likely be due to Gabby and BLs long toxic-seeming relationship.

However, as it seems that the police must have done a wellness check (which then allowed the missing person's report to be filed) I now presume that BL must have spoken with the police.
And if the police were not watching him after that (Sept 10th), his story must have appeared to have some validity, to them and also to his parents.

i've been remembering the harley dilly case. police were searching all over the place and he was in a chimney in a house pretty much across the street. brian did not impress me as some genius who could plan to and then evade a LE dragnet. i'm thinking dead in that swamp or in some abandoned house. i also think he and gabby probably had location services on their devices turned on, at least before gabby's death to make record of their travels for the blogs so at some point the timeline should become more detailed. MOO.

I was responding to someone asking "how would BL get into the water." IF he was ever there, one would hope he would stay out of the water, but the place has been flooded for a month. I really don't care what happens to him with ferocious fauna, but as I said, I doubt he was ever in that swamp anyway. Horrible place to hide.
I think it's possible that he went there, and more possible that he went there, spent a bit of time there, and then left. JMHO.

My 29 yo daughter died in May and I called AT&T to find out if LE could access her records even if I ended her phone service. AT&T told me that they kept records of texts and phone logs for 18 months and maybe could even get older records under some circumstances. AT&T said they needed a warrant from LE to provide the info and could not give it to me even if my daughter was on my family plan. AT&T said they could even provide transcripts of text messages between my daughter’s iPhone and other types of phones. However, iMessages between 2 iPhones would have to be requested from Apple (also with a warrant) if my daughter had an iCloud account that backed up her phone, which she did. Apple will not unlock phones even if LE asks them to. Just FYI my daughter died of an OD, which NC investigates as a homicide. I let the detective know the information from AT&T, but I don’t know if NC LE ever got a warrant for AT&T or Apple. I gave LE her phone and text logs. All this to say I don’t think BL getting a new phone will preclude LE from getting data on his old phone from AT&T and/or Apple.

Thanks for your informative post.
Oh, what a sad, sad reason for you to have to go through all of that.
My sympathy to you for the loss of your daughter. Blessings to you and your family.

Based on all we know, GP dad was never at the L's house.

That's something that bothers me. There's the redacted police report that pertains to a "home 'public service' incident" at the Laundrie's house the day before GP was reported as missing that names Joseph Petito as being involved, but police denied he went there. That's what sparked this whole "Gabby's dad went to Laundrie's house the day before she was reported missing" thing.

Thinking harder about it, seems like GP's dad asked for a wellfare check on his daughter, but that's just speculation and MOO.

So a new account would automatically mean that the former one would be purged? I guess that's handy to know for criminals. No record at all? jmo
l

I had that's happen to me. I wanted to recover my records from a old number and after a certain time they didn't have them. Of course they Could have fibbed.

Question
So a new account would automatically mean that the former one would be purged? I guess that's handy to know for criminals. No record at all? jmo

I needed a detail of my old number.... and my provider said they didn't kept them after a certain time a year and less because I cancelled my contract with them... Maybe could have just told me that and it was long ago....

I found this online not sure if this link is ok to use
Cell Phone Location Tracking Request Response – Cell Phone Company Data Retention Chart

Not sure who BLs old carrier was. He might want to rethink ATT. Looks like they have the longest retention times

retentionperiodsmajorcellularservices.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member