Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

This is extremely helpful and I’m so glad an expert has weighed in. This should be standard procedure for all domestic incidents, nationwide.

2. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    TRB, TigerLou, dacjess and 14 others like this.
  3. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

I don’t think so. Likely this news was going to break anyways. Better he show that he also let it out. She might already be in trouble with LE if they discovered she lied. Footage or sighting of her likely found and will make the news soon. Or, she didn’t see him when she was there.

4. TeddyWanderer

TeddyWanderer Member

I don’t know the area, but maybe he drove it to a nearby trailhead and went on a long hike? I have definitely done that on family camping trips when nobody else wanted to do 7 or 8 mile day hike.

jvikes and carbuff like this.
  5. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Such random answers and explanations. I think he's trying to get ahead of things that we don't even know there are issues with. Amazing really.

6. Roselle65

Roselle65 Well-Known Member

Does the sister live at the parent's house? I read somewhere that she lives in the family home, but wasn't sure if I could post it. If she does, wouldn't she know more than she is letting on? And if she does, where is she now and her little sons?

bluenoser likes this.
  7. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Plus: Without evidence or formal charges they wouldn’t have been able to hold BL anyway.

vls12345 likes this.
  8. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

I hadn't heard of GP talking to her mom on the 25th? and about that? Hell if BL was in the wrong state of mind if he found out that alone could have just added to him being ramped up.

CityKid and carbuff like this.
  9. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Bertolino seems to have a bad case of foot in mouth disease. If he had any prospective clients prior to this case, they've long since disappeared, just like his clients' son.

TigerLou, dacjess, angelainwi and 2 others like this.
  10. Mito

Mito Well-Known Member

I will just say that the calm person is generally the one adept at pushing buttons to elicit an emotional reaction. They will say something vile or hurtful followed by a request for the victim to calm down. When they say they want space it’s not to calm emotions it’s to create more anxiety and fear. They say something like I’m not sure I want to do this anymore etc…. Before walking away. It’s just more seemingly reasonable emotional manipulation.

CherylE, Figuring, dacjess and 13 others like this.
  11. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

12. Hippiechic

Hippiechic Well-Known Member

If the sister did go camping. Could that be the reason we didn't see any postage on the post cards? He hand delivered them

13. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

I'm honestly beginning to think the attorney is purposefully providing misinformation to the press. He went from basically making no statements to almost openly communicating, at least on a limited number of subjects, and you can look at the screenshots posted through various reporters' Twitter accounts and see that the responses aren't always copy-and-paste responses. Maybe he realizes that providing contradictory statements is a better way to keep the media off the real story.

dacjess, tiara1972, bluenoser and 2 others like this.
  14. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

I believe many people are "hung up" on it because they recognize it and know how debilitating it is to be in an abusive relationship.

But if the concern is that it doesn't seem like the physical abuse was "that" bad (from an outsiders point of view), it is clear that this was a volatile, unbalanced, unhealthy relationship, and that it was not GP who had the upper hand. People with the upper hand are not hysterically crying, full-body shaking in the back of a cop car. They're not having to run back into restaurants apologizing for their embarrassing, angry partner. They're not humiliated by having their hopes/aspirations belittled by their mate in front of others. They're not having their keys and ID taken away by their partner in order for the partner to exercise control over them. And they usually don't end up in pieces in the middle of wilderness scrub while their partner takes off in their car and spends their money after their death.

So if one thinks the DV is a distraction and irrelevant, by all means, eliminate it. The picture looks the same.

PS - please note that physical violence is only one aspect of abuse. You can be abused and mistreated in many ways that don't mean a literal sock in the jaw. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a physically violent relationship that wasn't unhealthy, though.

PSS - Also please note that though physical violence is always dysfunctional and unhealthy, there is a difference, as far as abuser /abused dynamics and culpability, between aggressive violence and reactive violence.

PSSS - minor note that you omitted: BL was witnessed hitting and slapping GP on the street in broad daylight. He wasn't doing that to get back what belonged to him or yo stop her from endangering themselves or others. He was doing that one can reasonably infer, based on witness statement and later statements at the stop by both of them describing the tensions and dynamic that day

Traymar, Figuring, dacjess and 17 others like this.
  15. lightlady

lightlady Active Member

Could some of the drone or video footage taken by the people in the next campsite over have shown the sister? And given that the lawyer decided it was better if they said it first?

TigerLou, bestill, tiara1972 and 2 others like this.
  16. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

dang, does anyone in that family tell the truth?
    Gabbys father sad its her van LE has said its her van, its registered to her, its her van!

17. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to say all that. I was asking those questions while watching but wasn't sure if I was doing that under my own hindsight and experience lens. Not to mention, I can't hear half of it so didn't know if they asked questions that I missed.

Sunshine95, bellyup and carbuff like this.
  18. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

Thank you! I do wish it was easy....similar to 911. Maybe 711 or something of the sort. I would have to Google this info, I couldn't do it on the fly, easily and discretely, especially if I was beside myself with worry over escalating public humiliation and whatever happened in the moments preceding her death.

Cindizzi likes this.
  19. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

It was crystal-clear before she was found dead/before the cause of death was determined.

20. MissLaura

MissLaura Well-Known Member

Wow. Sorry I disagree. This doesn't just happen once and then escalates next to murder (yes, I believe he murdered Gabby). The video footage of Gabby clearly shows she is a victim of ongoing DV, IMO. People said she was being abused when the first bodycam came out and were dismissed as projecting their emotions onto this case. They ended up being totally right and now we know a lot more about the incident. I don't understand why BL continually gets the benefit of the doubt when all he has done is lie and refused to help locate Gabby. Then he takes off. Nothing he said in that video with LE is credible because of his lack of character.

ZoriahNZ, dacjess, BellaVita and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.