Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bordenpears33

bordenpears33 Well-Known Member

Bumping this.

Marg from Oz, TRB, CCJD and 32 others like this.

2. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

I suspect the FBI told him to zip it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  3. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

I think people are forgetting that the van is her home. If he had locked her out of a house away from all her things until he decided she was "calm" enough to enter, would we think that was reasonable?

4. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Florida ended the federal benefits at the end of June 2021, so the most either could have received was $275/week and that is IF they received the max benefit (which I doubt since neither seemed to have high paying jobs).

Marg from Oz and RickshawFan like this.
  5. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

The L's aren't telling the whoppers - seems their attorney is clarifying information that we didn't even know was erroneous. Weird, imo.

6. Sweet Mister

Sweet Mister Well-Known Member

It's not obvious in this thread because we're not allowed to link to it but the lawyer is also texting with at least one other person who is posting the responses on Twitter. It's truly bizarre.

jash, SuperTmo, newsreader25 and 4 others like this.
  7. PhoebeTries

PhoebeTries Well-Known Member

Bringing this here before the thread gets closed on us again :(

8. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Attorneys (good or bad) are NOT cheap. This case might spawn all manners of litigation for years to come...and we're just getting started. Who knows where the participants will run afoul with the law as new facts are brought to light. The Laundrie parents are laying it all out on the line financially. They have an attorney, their daughter is shaping up to be added to the scuffle and Brian is a walking, talking, money pit if he's decided to become a professional lammister. There goes the retirement fund, the house on the lake, touring the continent, or snoring on your back on the beach. All of that has been put on the scale for a few moments loss of control by their footloose, adult son. As a retired person, one who has worked hard to be even a little comfortable...this whole saga would infuriate me.
    MOO

lastkiss, Diddian, Shear22 and 8 others like this.
  9. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

I’ve been wondering the reason for this. Could LE/FBI have told him to withdraw?

10. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

The lie is that he "tries to walk away."

He was seen on the street in broad daylight that very day hitting her.

He drove a multiple of the speed limit while actively fighting with her, including grabbing her by her face and squeezing it.

Flat-out lie.

Diddian, SuziQ, Marmlet and 13 others like this.
  11. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I don't care who owns the van. It's completely irrelevant. You don't say "lets take a walk and cool off" and then jump in the van with the keys, phones and possessions as if you are going to drive away. That is not de-escalation - it is threatened abandonment (which is an illegal form of domestic violence).

CherylE, Diddian, Crpeterson and 24 others like this.
  12. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Yes, but we aren’t at the start of the pandemic anymore. Florida tightened their rules up substantially and completely ended federal pandemic benefits in June 2021.

NCWatcher and BellaVita like this.
  13. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

Aside the immense tragedy of a very young woman violently losing her life before even having a chance to properly live it and collectively wanting justice for that, it’s the human behaviour element of this story that sparked my attention, keeps me completely riveted, confused, appalled, immersed - from the moment we find out he drives the van back without her - to this camping trip and everything - I can’t begin to tap into how this family thinks

14. Bree1950

Bree1950 Well-Known Member

I feel after LE stopped them and made Gabby the aggressor, Brian may have threatened her that if she called the Cops, he would tell them about Moab and have her arrested for a second offense! She, in my opinion, had no one in the circumstances to call for help without adding more anxiety to her situation. He definitely after the LE stop had the upper hand! Her only option would have been to fly home to her Mom’s house which possibly she planned on doing.

15. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Dog is staying in the news today even without tweets.

Dog the Bounty Hunter Adds $10K in Reward Money for Brian Laundrie Arrest

Dog the Bounty Hunter's putting his money where his mouth is -- he wants Brian Laundrie found so badly, TMZ's learned he's adding $10k in rewards for info leading to Brian's arrest.

A rep for Dog the Bounty Hunter tells us ... Dog, Francie and the Chapman family are adding $10,000 to the standing reward. We're told Dog and his family are determined to bring closure to Gabby Petito’s family, and they hope upping the reward helps to uncover Brian’s whereabouts.

Fidobell, Marg from Oz, TRB and 18 others like this.
  16. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

Regardless of legal ownership, my first question is "Where's Gabby?" and my second question is: "Who owns this van you brought home, son?" There are only three possible answer: "Me," "her" or "us.: If his answer is anything other than "Me", I would be asking him why he is in possession of it and what disposition is planned for her/their joint possessions. And yes, of course, we can make all sorts of excuses about what he might have said (feel free to read: lied) to them about it, but if, as a parent, I know it's not exclusively his, then either he or I need to reach out to Gabby about the disposition of the van.

17. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Fidobell, jash, TRB and 36 others like this.
  18. stormymama

stormymama Well-Known Member

Is Bertolino trying to get fired? Why can't he just resign? Or is he really just way out of his league here?

Hugs to @imstilla.grandma

19. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

or, "Do....you....want....me....to....get....MAD? There has to be a clinical description for this.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  20. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@steph_pagones

Regarding #CassieLaundrie seeing #BrianLaudrie in early September, family attorney tells me: “Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 01 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park. Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates.”

We asked him why Cassie indicated otherwise during a previous media interview — “Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer.”

https://twitter.com/steph_pagones/status/1443983969134026762?s=20

Fidobell, TRB, tiara1972 and 23 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.