Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I'm not at all sure a scream could be heard from the area her body was found...
    or a gunshot..

2. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

From what I understand, she was on the phone with her parents while she was in the back of the patrol car.

tiara1972 and SouthAussie like this.
  3. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

What they could have done differently is pay more heed to the original cause of the 911 call that a male was hitting a female. They asked him and he gave them a non answer, so they ignored it.
    What else they could have done differently is not pal up to him and fist bump with him, laugh when he called her crazy and talked about their 'toxic' ex wife. They bolstered his position and weakened hers. It was very unprofessional.

4. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

There's also sort of an AT culture where hikers along the trail are generally considered to be very hospitable or conscientious. Granted, this doesn't apply to everyone, but I would fully expect him to be outed pretty quickly if he's really through-hiking the AT based on the types of people I've known to be on those trails. His only benefit may be that folks on the trail may just not know about him because of a lack of connectivity with society at large.

5. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Even married couples don't share every detail of their children's lives. If a child downplays or edits facts, and/or specifically says "please don't tell dad," then that information can't, shouldn't, and/or won't necessarily reach the other parent. And tbh, a parent of a child potentially going off-track in life or with a loser boyfriend she's living with states away from you is likely NOT going to want to risk alienating their child by betraying their trust without critical-level need to.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  6. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

As I posted pages ago, it was present in Moab on 2nd body cam. Could have been ditched or might have been collected. MOO

7. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

Meh, I've known some complete idiots that can hide from warrants for a little bit just because of the nature of the legal system. They just need to get a small foothold on him, probably through a digital footprint, and it'll all be over. If he's still alive.

MOO

8. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

In Rose's first interview, she says the meet up was planned for some time in September. Rose's birthday was the 29th of August, and Gabby was supposed to call on that day to arrange when the Yellowstone visit would happen. Gabby's call never happened. Which is why Rose was concerned something had happened.

Source: Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Rose had no plans to meet up in August. The meeting didn't happen because the call to organize it never happened. That Rose never got even a birthday message on the 29th was cause for alarm. And it helps with the timeline.

9. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

They should have arrested one of them according to the laws of Utah on DV cases.

An investigation is ongoing..
    Editing this, Chief has actually taken leave of absence
    Gabby Petito case: Moab, Utah police chief takes leave of absence amid investigation into handling of 911 call

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  10. Jurisprudence

Did you google the protestor? And, AZ posted the surveillance. I can't post it but it's out there for people to make their own assessments.

Badlands, cass523 and tiara1972 like this.
  11. Colinj31

Colinj31 Active Member

So BL used someone else’s(had to be GPs IMO)bank card to withdrawal at least 1000 dollars. Presumably, it was done after GP was deceased. LE must’ve seen him on bank surveillance doing this at a specific place and time. I’m more interested in the amount. How much does it cost to drive a van some 30 odd hours across the country? Few hundred? Why would he need all that money? I believe most atms limit the withdrawal amount to like 400$, so there was possibly multiple withdrawals. Leads one to believe it was getaway money unfortunately. Imo.

12. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

Having followed several cases over the years, I've learned that one of the most important things to do is to rehash seemingly "small details" over and over.

Justice for a victim oftentimes involves tedious recollection and rehashing of what may seem to be "small details".

It's worth it.

If we have to go over some details ad infinitum, so be it.

Gabby deserves Justice.

dgreen66, cass523, Defendress and 7 others like this.
  13. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

BBM. And I would bet my house on the reason that she was reluctant to drive is because he had convinced her that she was a terrible driver.

dacjess, Alcina, dgreen66 and 13 others like this.
  14. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Doh, how embarrassing! :oops: I do actually know that (and explained it a few times last week, even...:rolleyes: ). Thx for the correction!

15. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

No need, to speculate further. :)

It was just an opinion of mine, considering that I think Gabby's parents did realise the Moab incident was serious, and tried to do something about it. While perhaps not fighting Gabby's personal choice of remaining as BL's girlfriend/fiancee.

We can only do so much to help our adult children, as much as they will allow is all we have.

16. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

I don't see that anywhere in the lengthy and multiple articles at your link. Can you point your source out more specifically, please?

tiara1972 likes this.
  17. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I hiked the AT for years before I attempted a thruhike. If you ever walked on the trail at all you have "hiked the AT", if you do longer stretches you have "sectioned hiked the AT" if you did the whole thing you "thruhiked the AT". There is no magic number of miles you have to walk to be able to say you hiked the AT. It not even a strange thing to say.

"Hey, Hyway, old buddy old pal, whacha doing this weekend?"
    "I'm hiking the AT"

18. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

IDK.
    The Laundries must have some very close, well to do friends or family if they could call someone up and ask for help concealing and aiding a suspect fleeing from the FBI and oh btw his girlfriend turned up dead.
    I don't know a single soul I could call with such a request.
    If someone called me in that situation, my immediate reaction would be, "You want me to do WHAT? NOOO!!! Hell NO!
    jmho

19. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Manner of death = Homicide.
    Cause of death = Not released.

Is more accurate imo.

mommylicious, Alcina, TKG and 8 others like this.
  20. Jurisprudence

Didn't the initial reports state that they left and returned? MOO/IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.