Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

This is a lot of good detail about what they did and likely did that day (August 12) in the Moonflower. And this was just before the Moab police stop, is that right? Those two women who were unfortunately murdered worked at Moonflower I think, or one did, (their bodies were found on August 18) and they would have observed their interactions. I guess there were patrons who reported these details also, since we still have them?

2. RoadRageKills

RoadRageKills Active Member

IMO" most, many. However you'd like take this. People from Long Island, NYC and surrounding areas, go to Upstate NY to go camping, cabins, etc. They head North of Albany, Lake George area or a little further North into the Adirondack Mountains. If you had a cabin, you could stay out of sight for extremely long period of time. (Well stocked) If you are camping or in a camper, that would be very difficult to do. Temperatures are already dropping into the 30s & 40s at night. There will be snow soon, so living off the land, I feel would be difficult.
    JMO as someone who grew up in Upstate NY and the tourists/campers that were always coming through. Back roads up through the mountains go all the way up to the Canadian border. Driving 3.5 hrs North of Saratoga Springs to Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY (my daughter goes there) You can go the whole 3.5 hrs without seeing another car or person.
    If they have a favorite place to go, that they know well, he could be up there somewhere. Cell service is spotty, one could go undetected for a very long time. He did have a 10 day lead.

Quiche, LRinCA, branmuffin and 13 others like this.
  3. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

This is true. BF had POA and paid the bills, made purchase for her sister during a short rehab stay. Her sister died unexpectedly. BF ordered flowers, paid for a few extras at the funeral home with sisters debit card. The funeral home called the morning of the funeral, the bank had reversed the charge, as fraudulent charge. Frantically, we called the bank to find, it's a felony to use account of a deceased, even with POA. POA ends at death.

I immediately added my daughter to all accounts, vehicles, and property, to avoid the mess my BF experienced. Even with a will and executor it takes 30 days in Virginia before the court will probate.

Moo...

4. Angels Advocate

Oh God, he could disappear forever there, or from there.... Do they check IDs at Disney?

5. Mamamerced

Mamamerced Well-Known Member

Is there any confirmation he did fly back to FL? Maybe he just took off in the van to have a break. Who knows where he was in that time frame.

6. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

What I want to know is when was the sister's trip to Disneyworld? Did she come back mid trip to go to Fort De Soto or was it before or after Fort De Soto. Anyone know?

tiara1972, wasnt_me and JudgeJoe like this.
  7. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  8. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

This mindset is entirely possible for BL.

Moo, the main reason he hasn’t been caught is that nearly everyone has underestimated his abilities & resources. And continue to underestimate. Motivation can compensate for much, too. He is highly motivated to remain free imo.

As far as evidence degrading in south FL in 5-7 days (link upstream), I’m hoping they have lots of evidence in WY & plenty of digital evidence to pin him to his crime. All jmo.

9. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that BL's sister is married with 2 children. I would doubt she is going to hide BL and put her family at risk of criminal charges. IMO.

10. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

There is no reason to believe he didn’t have his own bank account and his own money. Stealing from Gabby doesn’t mean he didn’t have his own, he just wanted to use hers because he felt entitled to it.

11. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

I don't know what she would do or what any of them would risk for another family member. I don't know that any of us knows them personally to know what they would or would not do for Brian.

12. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

Try Tampa (TPA) or Fort Meyers (RSW)

SandySouth and LAhiker like this.
  13. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Christopher Thomas Knight's parents never reported him missing either. He remained missing for 27 years in the forest, burgling campsites and the homes of people who lived nearby. I see many parallels in these two situations and the philosophy of both men. Brian idolized CTK and quoted him often in his postings. Brian is truly living the realization of his own ideal...a vanishing.
    MOO

14. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

Interesting!

IIRC the Laundrie lawyer said that the FBI had returned to the Laundrie house to collect items for "DNA testing", and I know a few of us speculated in here that it might be for a scent for the dogs. Clearly that wasn't the case then, IMO!

15. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

If she's telling the truth, the Disney trip was after Fort DeSoto.

Camping Sept 6-8
    Gabby reported missing Sept 11

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case | ABC Exclusive
    Cassie Laundrie: Yeah, I spoke to the police the second they called. I called them back right away. We were in Orlando on vacation with my kids to Disney. And we came back to it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  16. wasnt_me

Maybe. That's a possibility.

17. CanadianWells

CanadianWells Well-Known Member

Yes for sure they have provided LE, but that's my point. If they were genuinely concerned for their missing son, they would take the help and give them scent items. Not that any of us think they are, but I was glad to see this confirmed.

18. Angels Advocate

This is the revelation we needed. And this highly plausible scenario gives BL exactly what he craves most - attention - as much as possible from as many as possible and for as long as possible. Yes I think we have all underestimated his abilities. He is someone totally forgettable but he has found a way to ensure that he will never be forgotten (by any who care to remember him) all the while living his dream of an iconoclastic unfettered life of seclusion and (apparent) freedom.

19. vls12345

vls12345 Well-Known Member

Her interview was not shared in full originally.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1444284752345829376?s=20

After watching the circus going on, seeing how one interview was edited and later used against her, she's probably not interested in putting herself out there again (especially since her family seems to be public enemy number one these days). She has no obligation to the media or the public at large.

20. wasnt_me

That family sure does love to travel and stay on the move.

Midgie2, PommyMommy, Cece32 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.