Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

My hometown :) even then.. Bakersfield used to be called the armpit of the world but that was many years ago. He’d probably wait until the grapevine and ask someone in Castaic for directions

2. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

I agree. He is a bully and they are always cowards. Always.
    JMO

3. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

I am operating on the working theory that Gabbys death was up close, and personal. She was in his way.. I think she , finally, took the car from him, having somehow wrestled the keys off him, but her kind heart and good nature made her go back for him, and that was her death sentence, she would never, never be allowed to put him that position again.

If someone else put him in that situation, sure. To the Brians of this world, people are useful, or not useful. Not much in between.

Edit. I meant to underline that he would be an extreme danger to women, women who pick him up, or stop to help him change a tyre, or give directions.,. men would be somewhat safe... not guaranteed, but generally speaing.

4. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Or has it on airplane mode or off as a precaution? MOO

5. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

While of course I hope the guy was BL and that he's captured soon, I also feel a bit skeptical, more of whoever was in the pickup truck than of the guy who reported it.

As for how the engineer could simultaneously be hiking the Appalachian Trail and apparently in a vehicle, there are some possible explanations. He could have been driving either to or from a trailhead. He could have been hiking on the trail but not hiking the whole thing or a large segment, and for that reason, he could have been based in a particular location that he reached by vehicle and doing day hikes from there.

Like others here, I hope other media outlets pick up the story and get more details, and that LE/the FBI investigate as well.

Finally, if the guy really is BL, as far as I am concerned he is not welcome here in California.

JMO

6. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

So, the perpetually under-employed Brian has himself a truck? Couldn't afford an overnight motel stay...but he's got a registered, insured, licensed vehicle with plates in under two weeks? Interesting, if true. I'll wait for verification from LE before I get excited.

7. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

:oops: darn double posting

Laughing and TheGardener like this.
  8. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

You mean, considering that Dog went on TV and in the media telling people that he was in fact certain that BL had gone to the AT?

Yes, I absolutely agree there's nothing odd in people in that area then beginning to think they see him behind every Appalachian Trail tree and stump.

It's only odd if the two outstanding AT reports remain un-debunked, IMO; and it kind of sounds like the NC report has been so debunked already.

9. WestieMom

WestieMom Well-Known Member

10 Most Stolen Vehicles in America [2020 Results]

Ford trucks are one of the most stolen trucks in America, for consecutive years.

Attached Files:

10. Jurisprudence

And yet, you can take it to the bank that they are. MOO

11. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I hope I wake up to breaking news that says Laundrie has been caught.

12. Chrissy1958

Chrissy1958 Well-Known Member

Any normal person. But what about someone who is on the run from most of the known world who has had elevated adrenaline for the past several weeks?

ETA does anyone else have the problem of accumulated quotes? It seems I keep turning them on in advertently and they appear when I reply.[/QUOTE]

13. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

MOO but I imagine the FBI has a big wall map of the world with little red pins in it for reported BL sightings. (actually probably just on their computer, but I say it this way for illustrative purposes) If you replaced the pins with tiny LED lights it would probably look light a night time photograph of the US taken from space. The dude has a very common appearance.

Marg from Oz, Yaritza, DeDee and 12 others like this.
  14. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Yeah...please dont head north. jmo

Marg from Oz and LAhiker like this.
  15. Jurisprudence

Unless you think of it in the context of his encounter with Miranda Baker which was quite similar. MOO

16. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

MOO And they'd be darken pits hidden in shadows in a night time encounter viewed from inside another vehicle.

17. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

pretty sure news media was speculating that he might head that way before dog entered into the picture...

18. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

A very wise person of my acquaintance once said to me, "Never underestimate the likelihood of otherwise completely inexplicable reactions being born out of white-hot fear."

19. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

I saw a tik tok that said he'd been caught in TN but then couldn't verify it anywhere so I took it to be a hoax.

20. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

It always seems like directions on a phone or on our car's GPS automatically favor interstates/freeways. I've often thought that I would love a back roads option. Not for nefarious doings, but to see more interesting sights without figuring out what smaller roads are near the interstate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.