Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

A Few Reminders from the Wild Ride of the last several days:

-Discussion of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his involvement as it relates to the search for Gabby is permitted. Discussion of Dog as an individual, his past, publicity and/or the generalities of him with regard to your personal opinions is not helpful in progressing the dialogue. In this regard posts will be considered “off topic

-The Twitter Account as presented by Chris McDonough: No longer approved

-Twitter of Dog’s Daughter in regards to Brians voice is approved as she is working the search with Dog.

Now for the Meat and Potatoes:
When the Admin or Mod Team approves something for discussion, it is simply that, “Approved for Discussion”. It is up to individual Posters to determine what they make of it and where they file it in their “yay or nay” list. Openly discussing differing points of view is helpful and what the forum is about.

Blatant arguing or responding to simply tell a poster “you are wrong” is not productive or permitted.
If you see an opinion from a different point of view, share why that is and with a link to support any statements of fact.

We are all adults here, let’s speak to one another in a civil manner. Imagine where the thread could go with more curiosity and less bickering and shut downs.

I know, quite a long opening post. Here is to fastening the seat belt.

Best,
Tiff

P.S. - IF you have a question regarding moderation or content approval, use the “report” link at the bottom of any post to reach a Mod or Admin privately without clogging up or disrupting the thread.

Due to excessive TOS violations the last several days, future violations in Gabby’s thread will result in an automatic 5 Day TO per the instruction of WS Owner, Tricia.

ADMIN NOTE:

Reminder from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

Re: sighting

I struggle to believe that he’d be daft enough to offer a story about a fight with a girlfriend given the reasons he’s on the run. That’s just a huge big signpost that he’d be crazy to offer up.

Also, I know we’ve speculated about the camping trip possibly being an opportunity to discard evidence but I wonder if it might have been about retrieving something left in the general area. Could it have been an excuse to go back to an area he’d driven through on the way home? It would be fascinating to know what routes they took to and from the campsite, any detours etc, and whether or not they stayed on site the whole time.

Was it perhaps also about hiding from the Pepitos? Maybe they believed (from type/pattern of comms from them) that they might turn up at the door and wanted to be elsewhere. Did they need to hide BL for reasons other than safety? Did he have visible injuries of some sort, for example?

Could just have been an attempt to prevent a veneer of normality too, I guess.

Am I right in saying the booking was for 2 nights but the lawyer suggested they’d left after just one night? Or am I imagining that?

Last edited:
If that sighting of BL on Appalachian Trail is a true one, he isn't far from Summer Wells' house. What are the chances he tries to hide in that remote area? Could we all even get that lucky? :D

1 1/2 hour drive or a few days of a walk, and he's there!

*I know the sighting today on the AT trail is not confirmed.*

However, if it is indeed BL I think we all know he’s a great actor and a master manipulator based on the Moab incident. I would absolutely not put it past him or SB to have planned something like this before he turns himself in.

I mean come on how far delusional would you have to be to ask for directions to CA from the east coast and talk about a girlfriend who you know is deceased. And would you be so delusional a month after the incident occurred even if you were in fact in a crisis situation mentally after GP’s death? I’m sorry but I’m not buying it and think it’s highly unlikely. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's not uncommon, I doubt someone would be dumb enough to use a popular campground as "target practice" though. I am a gun owner, I own guns ranging from handguns to shotguns. I target practice in the woods too, but they are not populated and I always use something, such as plastic bottles, cans, etc. I don't feel this was the case here. If she had evidence of not being shot, I doubt they would have included them in the crime scene photos.

Since you are not only a gun owner, but are also a gun owner who has practiced in the woods, would you kindly scroll down (to the middle, to the CS evidence photos) on this and let me know your opinion - I know all of us on the site have to be very clear that this is opinion only, so could you let me know your opinion on whether the center of these evidence markings on the tree are consistent with bullet holes, tree hollows, or not sure? MOO. And, thanks.

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

Brian Laundrie search intensifies; questions about sister surface: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito and fugitive ex seen in high school yearbook photos
Newly obtained high school yearbook photos give a glimpse of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie as teenagers, years before their ill-fated cross-country road trip as a travel-blogging couple.

The images show Petito in her sophomore year and Laundrie as a junior at Bayport-Blue Point High School in New York.

Gabby Petito's family takes to Twitter Saturday seeking #JusticeForGabby

"Missing my beautiful granddaughter #gabbypetito everyday," Petito's grandmother, Marry Wickman, tweeted Saturday. "My tears won’t stop. @josephpetito #justiceforgabby #letitbe"

Petito's father, Joseph Petito, retweeted the post and urged Twitter users to follow Wickman using the #justiceforgabby hashtag.

"It still seems surreal," Petito's stepfather, Jim Schmidt tweeted on Saturday. "Miss you Gabs. #gabbypetito #justiceforgabby."

Petito's stepmother, Tara Petito, also joined in tweeting, "Gabby I will love you to the moon and back always and forever #gabbypetito #justiceforgabby."

Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt, also posted on Twitter urging Brian Laundrie to turn himself in.

….

Gabby Petito's mother breaks Twitter silence: 'Mama bear is getting angry!'
"Mama bear is getting angry!" Nichole Schmidt posted on Twitter Saturday for the first time on that account. "Turn yourself in! @josephpetito agrees.#justiceforgabby #americasdaughter."

….

How parents should talk to kids about Gabby Petito: Expert weighs in
As Gabby Petito news coverage continues, one expert is sharing how parents can speak to their children about the case in age-appropriate manners.

Stephanie Samar, a New York-based clinical psychologist who specializes in mood and anxiety disorders in children across the lifespan, spoke with Fox News on the subject.

If that sighting of BL on Appalachian Trail is a true one, he isn't far from Summer Wells' house. What are the chances he tries to hide in that remote area? Could we all even get that lucky? :D

1 1/2 hour drive or a few days of a walk, and he's there!

Oh god don’t give a certain Mr Wells ideas. “Exclusive on YouTube! I saw Brian Laundrie in a red truck!”

Gabby Petito’s mother tells Brian Laundrie ‘Turn yourself in!’ as she joins Twitter, tweets for the first time

Gabby Petito’s mother joined Twitter on Saturday, where she called for justice for her late daughter and demanded that Brian Laundrie turn himself in.

Mama bear is getting angry!,” Nichole Schmidt wrote in her first-ever tweet.

“Turn yourself in!”
she added in the tweet, which included a swearing, angry-red-face emoji.

Schmidt also said that Joseph Petito, her ex-husband and Petito’s father, “agrees” with her sentiment. She added the hashtags “#justiceforgabby” and “#americasdaughter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow