Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Yep. So, if he's silent due to self incrimination, why not offer him immunity... if the most important thing is to find Petito.

silversurvivor, Flicka1 and Emi like this.

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

There’s an updated map w/ timeline visual included in this article but for some reason I couldn’t get it to post here

3. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Quoted bbm

It's what he is NOT saying that has me (and others) JMO alarmed.

Why would he not, as presumably the last person who saw her, speak up and help LE with a timeline of where they were together last?

I personally don't think LE is wasting resources on anything but pinning down where they both were after she was last confirmed to be alive.

JMO

4. Hippiechic

Hippiechic Well-Known Member

Yes, it has to be last year. Unless she has extensions

5. WahooSleuth

WahooSleuth Well-Known Member

Is it too early to say "we will not seek the death penalty" when he hasn't even been questioned?

ChiCubs2016, wary, LeeAnnB and 6 others like this.
  6. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

7. kacoll

kacoll Member

I haven’t watched the bodycam footage myself, but apparently she didn’t want to be separated from BL and was concerned about the distance she’d have to drive to get him. That kind of driving anxiety is pretty common in my anecdotal experience— some anxious people are okay driving short distances or with someone else in the car, but maybe not at night, on the highway, etc. That plus run-of-the-mill “I don’t want to travel cross country alone as a small woman” anxiety imho

8. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

If she had left him or ran away during an emotional argument, why wouldn’t he just say that now? Why would he not contact her family to alert them she needed help?

His lawyer is buying him time for a reason.

As for theories, it would not surprise me if they argued and he left her outside of the van and started pulling out. She may have been running after the van to try and get back in, she fell and he ran her over, then left her in a roadside ditch. Just one possibility.

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

Her family believe the text was not sent by her, a claim now seemingly backed up by a close friend who alleges they were set to meet up at Yellowstone National Park in September.

Gabby's pal, who wishes to remain anonymous and is yet to speak with police, told The Sun exclusively: "[The] last time I talk [ed] to Gabby was the beginning of August when we were planning for me to meet her in Yellowstone after my birthday.

"That was the next spot. At least when we planned it. I was the only one going to see them.

"She wouldn’t wander off and not contact her family. I know that for a fact.

"She wouldn't blow me off either. She's my person. And I can't stop thinking about how scared she must be."

2468X, windrower, HayLouise and 31 others like this.
  10. BuckeyeGal

BuckeyeGal Well-Known Member

This is all MOO

I went back and watched the bodycam video, attempting to not factor in what is known now.

It seems like GP is apologetic from the beginning, takes responsibility for "distracting" BL while he was driving, and doesn't really blame him for the argument. She tells the police she is having anxiety issues, but doesn't really blame BL for them.

However, BL seems to be blaming the whole situation on GP and minimizes anything he may have done to contribute to the situation. He then appears to seriously consider having her arrested for a few minutes.

windrower, TRB, La Louve and 24 others like this.
  11. nathan.hogan21

nathan.hogan21 Member

Has anyone actually heard if anyone corroborated this friends statement? Do we know whether the friend was male or female and how she would have travelled to see them if she hadnt the use of the van anymore?

Just saying how can we really be sure this friend didnt meet up with her on that date other then what they claim?

12. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Anywhere that requires a reservation is golden for LE to ascertain whether she made it there or not.

13. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

It’s not. There are many pictures showing her usual long hair. The first pic it appears to be behind her shoulders.

14. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Driving from Grand Teton to Yosemite is a 14-15 hour drive without stops, which seems highly unlikely if Brian is the only one driving. SO, is anyone familiar with a nice spot to camp out for the night on the way?
    upload_2021-9-16_19-9-16.png

15. gliving

gliving Woof

Yellowstone National Park to Yosemite National Park is about a 14 hour drive.

HayLouise, ChiCubs2016 and Gigi3 like this.
  16. brissygirl2019

brissygirl2019 Well-Known Member

GP's hair is actually still long in that insta post.

There is a series of photos and yes, in the first photo her hair does look shoulder length but if you scroll through to the following photos her hair is clearly long.

IMO

Brian, where is Gabby?

IMO

17. PIUK

PIUK Well-Known Member

The 2nd pic shows her hair longer. It was just back behind her shoulders.

18. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that maybe he felt even if they got into an argument and if she was the aggressor, he defended himself, pushed her, she fell and hit her head and died that no one would literally believe him if it was an accident. Especially after they were already in trouble for the assault in Utah. He probably just panicked and didn't know what to do. He wandered around a few days and just went home. Just saying that no one would probably believe it was an accident.

19. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

My point is - as I commented previously - if his knowledge is instrumental in achieving the most important goal, and he won't share the knowledge due to self-incrimination... just give him immunity.

Flicka1 and WahooSleuth like this.
  20. Hippiechic

Hippiechic Well-Known Member

Yes that one. No her hair is down for sure in this pic. It has to be from last year. Hair doesn't grow that fast unless extensions

Flicka1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.