Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

GP said they don't drink or "anything like that" in the bodycam footage.

fcavanaugh, Seenit, JudgeJoe and 5 others like this.

2. Blissfully_B

Blissfully_B Well-Known Member

They are circling just north of Yosemite near lake tahoe. I am looking at them right now

3. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

You are more generous then I am concerning BL. I can’t think of any scenario that would warrant him not telling LE of her last known whereabouts regardless of what Gabby was telling her family. Technology today easily allows for verification of where someone is/has been. With all the publicity this case has had, if there was a sighting of her somebody would have come forward. There have been witnesses to verify the last few weeks of their journey and then no sightings at all.

4. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

5. Blissfully_B

Blissfully_B Well-Known Member

They are circling just north of Yosemite near lake tahoe. I am looking at them right now

6. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Beautifully said @KJ's Mamu . I also found the officer to be a bit out of line with that discussion. The officer seemed dang sure he handled that call like a boss.

7. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

JMO but in reviewing the full body cam, I see cuts or abrasions on Gabby too.

Mark 55:51 There appears to be a small cut or scratch on the top of her right hand.

Mark 56:23 You can clearly see a horizontal scratch or cut just under her left cheek. Earlier when she demonstrates how he grabbed her around the face, she indicates that's how she got the wound. But I don't know if the policeman really clocked that.

I also would argue that there is a subtle discoloration on her right upper arm near her elbow that looks like someone grabbed her there or squeezed hard with a hand. I see pressure marks of fingers. It wasn't that noticeable throughout the whole body cam, though. I am wondering if it's just taking time to appear (like bruises do). Or am I just seeing things?

In any case. I do think it's important to point out that Gabby did have visible injuries on camera, even if it's not written down in the police report. Why did the officer only take pictures of BL's injuries?

To me, this seems like a case of 'reactive abuse'.

I also think it's odd that he lied about not having a phone in explaining his side of things, why she was trying to take back the keys. He clearly brings it out later on to show the officer his contact number.

8. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Gabby Petito in Tears After Aug. 12 Fight With Boyfriend in Utah, Bodycam Video Shows | Inside Edition

The aspiring "van life" travel blogger was reported missing by her family last weekend after her boyfriend returned home to Florida without her.

Newly released bodycam footage shows a distraught Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, Brain Laundrie, moments after a heated argument during their cross-country road trip.

The Aug. 12 video was taken outside Arches National Park in Utah, after a witness reported the couple arguing at a grocery store and called 911...

9. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

It was strange whenever I have been pulled over they ask for my drivers license and car registration. I never heard them ask for registration and who owned the vehicle. It’s her Van and not once did I hear it mentioned it was hers. The only thing I heard was when BL said there last trip was in a Nissan Sentra but he said ‘why don’t we go bigger in a van” so I wonder if Gabby bought the van to make him happy. He was trying too hard to be overly friendly, with the officers, smiling and laughing sometimes in a very serious situation. Did anyone see the fist bump with BL and the cop? BL apologized way too much which is a sign of anxiety and low self esteem

NWLady, PrincessMocha, SuziQ and 10 others like this.
  10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

11. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I'm looking at Yellowstone because this is frying my brain!

I see them now, and there are three near Lassen circling too...

12. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

hi all, new here...
    i just watched the footage from LE....it's pretty upsetting. I am struggling to believe this girl was in a safe situation to start. It must be heartbreaking for her folks to see this.

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Like how to drive home to FL in her van? I can’t come up with anything either so I’m going with the obvious and all the folks who defend his actions ? Maybe they would do the same ? Can’t figure it out
    JMO

MsBetsy, fcavanaugh, Seenit and 6 others like this.
  14. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

I suppose if they’d been abducted by aliens and have some hazy memory he might not be inclined to mention it to anyone and be genuinely at a loss as to when it was he last saw her. That’s about it, I think.

gitana1, wary, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  15. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

How can you say you want Gabby to be found and you love her while continuing to remain silent. Those two things couldn't be farther from each other. Now that BL's sister has spoken out, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before someone in the family talks.

BL and his whole family are 100% getting dragged through the mud in the court of public opinion right now. BL has no way out at this point; even if he somehow is entirely innocent of anything, his life is ruined. He just needs to do the right thing and talk to LE.

16. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Well that was a big fat nothinburger. So she’s an older sister & mom with kids of her own. Guessing not living at her parents & POI’s residence? Also guessing she doesn’t have the inside scoop. But to suggest it’s all prob just a misunderstanding? Surely she can’t be serious?!

17. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

Why did he go back to Utah? It doesn't add up for me.

kacoll, Xiaoxiao, fcavanaugh and 7 others like this.
  18. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, and as someone who hasn't followed the earlier case -- are LE "not ruling out"

a) a connection between the cases with BL as a possible culprit, or

b) a connection between the cases and some 3rd party who isn't BL but who might now have murdered three women?

19. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

Is it daytime there?

20. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Yosemite?! Or Yellowstone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.