Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Since there is nothing they can do at this point to help bring her back alive; the parents are faced with:

1. Say nothing, which improves the chance her body will not be found in which case their son won’t go to jail forever (and he probably told them he did it bc she upset him so much) and doesn’t hurt Gabby herself because she has already passed.

2. Encourage the son to tell LE where he last saw her (or tell LE themselves), which means the victim’s family gets closure but the son goes to jail.

I am sure they hate that Gabby’s family can’t get closure but, since it won’t bring Gabby back alive, refraining from talking will likely keep the son out of jail. LE will have no idea where to search. Later in time he might give a BS story with a BS place but that is a risk because those stories are so easily proven wrong. Say nothing and then you can’t be proven to be lying.

Or maybe they're in negotiations: location information in return for reduced charges?

From your post:

Moab homicide victims feared for their lives
Kylen Schulte, 24, and Crystal Turner, 38, disappeared after a visit to Woody’s Tavern in Moab on Friday Aug. 13. That weekend, they called friends to say they planned to move their campsite because of a “weirdo” in the area. According to the warrants, they found the man more than just weird.

“Investigators were informed that Kylen had mentioned to her friends that if something happened to them, that they were murdered,” the warrants said. “Kylen had continued by saying there was a ‘creepy man’ around their camp, and they had been intimidated by him.”

I wonder if there was more said to friends, describing this “creepy man”? MOO
Are they trying to connect Brian to this murder???

Try this very speculative scenario: They were arguing outside, and things got hot -- he raised his hand to slap her, and she stepped back, stumbled and fell down a cliff -- he screamed and tried to grab her -- too late -- and he looked to go down to get her and she was nowhere -- down, down, down she went. He panicked and left and just drove away. On the drive home, he thought that there was probably no way LE would buy it, so he just didn't talk. And now, he knows that the truth will sound very suspicious...
Not trying to give him an excuse, just thinking that what happened wasn't a murderous act on his part -- maybe she slapped him first. Instead of calling 911, he panicked and got into the van and ran. Could this be involuntary manslaughter?

I was just thinking of this scenario ( which by the way it’s great)
But even if they were in an argument and she fell off a cliff wouldn’t he call the cops in panic because she fell down a cliff? You hear of stories of people going out w friends and someone falls off the cliff the people call for help….they don’t just leave come home and pretend nothing happened. Oh the whole thing is so odd.

They are refraining from saying anything because they know it is too late. If they thought Gabby was alive, they would MAKE SURE their son said where he last saw her. They are not sitting back eating bon bons thinking about Gabby being lost, thirsty and starving. No. They are quiet because they know she is gone. He told his parents and it’s all protected by privilege (Parent-Child Privilege Act of 2003).

Since there is nothing they can do at this point to help bring her back alive; the parents are faced with:

1. Say nothing, which improves the chance her body will not be found in which case their son won’t go to jail forever (and he probably told them he did it bc she upset him so much) and doesn’t hurt Gabby herself because she has already passed.

2. Encourage the son to tell LE where he last saw her (or tell LE themselves), which means the victim’s family gets closure but the son goes to jail.

I am sure they hate that Gabby’s family can’t get closure but, since it won’t bring Gabby back alive, refraining from talking will likely keep the son out of jail. LE will have no idea where to search. Later in time he might give a BS story with a BS place but that is a risk because those stories are so easily proven wrong. Say nothing and then you can’t be proven to be lying.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Great post explaining it.

The timeline no longer works for these crimes to be connected, right?
  • AUG 12: altercation/separation
  • AUG 17: BL flies to FL to move GP’s things to storage
  • AUG 19: Moab couple murdered
  • AUG 23: BL returns to UT
  • AUG 25: bodies of two women found near Moab Wednesday morning
  • AUG 25: GP’s last Instagram post at Monarch Wall, Ogden, UT. Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt.
Do I have the dates right for BL’s FL trip?

Lesbian couple killed while camping, no arrest made - Baltimore Outloud

We don’t know when the couple was murdered. They were last seen the 13th and didn’t report to work the next day. August 19 is when they were found.

MOO, but I don’t think the double homocide in Moab has anything to do this case. For those who say it’s too bizarre of a coincidence, there are plenty of bizarre statistics. The birthday problem comes to mind.

“In probability theory, the birthday problem or birthday paradox concerns the probability that, in a set of N randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. In a group of 23 people, the probability of a shared birthday exceeds 50%, while a group of 70 has a 99.9% chance of a shared birthday.” - via Wikipedia​

• AUG 25: GP’s last Instagram post at Monarch Wall, Ogden, UT. Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt.

Timeline does not rule out involvement IMO. Still seems unlikely or maybe I just hope it’s unlikely.

It is not about making people feel better, it is about finding Gabby. If he does not know then say so through an attorney.He needs to at least tell where he last saw her.

In general, I agree with the idea that lawyering up and shutting up is the wiser move. Not only is it a fact, it's a right guaranteed to every citizen. In this case, to not say anything about where and when he last saw her would be exceedingly bizarre if he wasn't responsible for any foul play.

When one person is missing and one person is alive, unfazed, and blissfully lawyered up, you don’t have to have an agenda to identify the abused and the abuser.

I beg to differ with you--we have no idea if he is" unfazed" and "blissful"
He is exercising his rights to legal counsel. That does not mean He is an Abuser.
How do we know his state of mind....let alone that it is an abuse case?
He could be devastated and his parents in anguish that they cannot say anything because they love their son....and it could just be a tragic accident!

T
Posting a theory for people to poke holes in:

What if BL didn't fly back to Florida while GP was in Salt Lake City?

The only person we've heard this from is GP's mother. But what if the whole thing about the storage unit is just the story GP told her mom in order to save face because BL had took off and left her alone somewhere near SLC (whether to "cool off" or to "teach her a lesson"), and GP was still in communication with him, trying to convince him to come back and finish the trip with her? If she was in communication with her parents, she'd need to give them some excuse why he wasn't with her or why she was staying at a hotel near the airport? (They'd have to know her location to have the Uber Eats delivered to her).

There was a poster here who'd seen the van around downtown SLC at the time, but we don't have any evidence that he or it was at the hotel (which is outside of the downtown area - about 8 miles from the Capitol) until they're seen checking out together on the 24th. The Fairfield Inn would have been very easy to access via public transportation, and with its proximity to the airport, it'd be a logical choice if she was left without transportation and thinking she might have to eventually ask her parents to buy her a plane ticket home, if he didn't come back.

That could explain why he was seen with her at the convenience store while he was "still in FL" on the 21st -- maybe he'd come back to talk with her, but they still weren't actually "together" again or in agreement about continuing the trip until the 24th when they checked her out of the hotel.

My follow-up questions if this was the case: did she have access to money? her phone?
Do we know which Fairfield Inn? Because there are at least 4 in or around SLC. There's one right downtown SL.

ADMIN POST:

Thread is closed for about an hour to give Mods and Admins a break (ya know, things like breathing, feed the children/spouse/pets, potty, naps, meditation, etc).

Check back soon and we'll all be rejuvenated and ready for the next onslaught :D

Hello, I am new here and also interested in the case. This may be far fetched, however, I wonder if he planned to drive to/or did drive to the "Zone of Death" in Wyoming, which isn't far from Grand Teton National Park

<Admin note: Post moved over from another thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized they were using single use plastic containers for the blueberries and yogurt in their one YouTube video, which makes Brian’s “no plastic bottle” insistence a weird hill to die on when you’re thirsty and surrounded by police officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021