WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIUK

PIUK Well-Known Member

They aren’t ruling it out. There are A LOT of coincidences.

2. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

He hasn't said anything that we know of per LE and GP's family. That's why they keep issuing statements begging for his help. They're staying completely mum thus far.

3. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Amen to that

4. edroid

edroid Well-Known Member

5. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

the pertinent update: "The bodies of Turner and Schulte were found in a nearby creek, undressed from the waist down."
    Possible sexual assault ...though that's not stated.
    if so, I doubt BL's involvement even more.

6. nathan.hogan21

nathan.hogan21 Member

Has anyone given consideration to what mental state both were in at the time of her disappearance?

In the bodycam video she seems clearly to have anxiety or emotional issues and it concerns the various police enough that they ask both her and Brian if she had taken anything or should be on any medications?

Could her narrowly avoiding jail time over striking him in what they tell her could constitute a domestic violence charge have made her spiral into a depression after this or become suicidal?

Perhaps she left him or ran away during an emotional moment and therefore he doesnt have anything to offer on where she could be right now?

As for people suggesting he shouldnt be lawyering up and communicating only through that lawyer, I think we all know that is exactly what you do in a case like this as the wrong statement or answer to a question without legal advice could implicate you in something you didnt do.

7. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Wait wait wait... She WAS supposed to be in Yosemite by then?? I think we were all under the assumption that Yosemite and Yellowstone got confused somewhere along the way (either by her or the uncle or something). That changes a lot IMO.

8. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Well-Known Member

Wow...I'm going to have to take vacation days to catch up on this thread!

I watched the body cam video with the police today on my lunch hour. This mother's heart was breaking and I wanted to reach out and put my arms around Gabby and tell her everything will be alright. It must have been very hard for her parents to watch that video. I believe the officers description of her behavior was inaccurate. She was not hysterical - she was just upset.

I did not perceive the controlling behavior that others saw in BL. He was polite and courteous to the officers as I would have expected a well-raised young adult to act. He did however seem to throw shade at her for the entire incident and I found that very troubling. The "she's crazy" remark he made was straw that threw me over the fence.

I was MOST disturbed by the actions of the officer on the way to the hotel...his comparison of his wife to Gabby and buddying up to BL was just weird in my opinion.

Bottom line for me is that BL had her van and she didn't. She is missing and he isn't coming forward with information on where he saw her last. This move reeks of self-preservation and without further information I can only assume he has something to hide.

JMO

ar3593, songbrd, AmandaSkis and 24 others like this.
  9. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

Omg this is a huge development for the timeline.

ar3593, PaulaDC, Lulu777 and 18 others like this.
  10. SaranWrapPetunia

SaranWrapPetunia Well-Known Member

Environmental activist, David Suzuki's daughter said the one small thing to do for the environment is stop drinking from water bottles. I always feel guilty if I do (which is rare).

LeeAnnB, CrimeDawg123 and LeeJay55 like this.
  11. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

i doubt a golf cart riding by causes too much of a problem, but maybe it will put the heat on that family and let them know this isnt going away.

12. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

ar3593, HayLouise, La Louve and 8 others like this.
  13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

14. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

100%. As I posted somewhere in the first 2 threads, if he left her in a canyon (waterfall canyon?) or any part of a national park he would have had to incapacitate her somehow. A fall, binding, something to restrict her movement. Otherwise she'd have walked away just as he did. So if he did not murder her but he did something that hindered her ability to survive, he killed her, period. It's only a matter of degrees at that point. If she was/is incapacitated somewhere consider that she is now going on 3 weeks with no food, no water, exposed to the elements, and exposed to wildlife - namely, coyotes.

They need to find her asap. Winter will be in the Utah mountains before it hits the Utah ground. Time is of the essence. So, in this regard, for as bad as his participation in this is looking right now, they have to tread lightly. Unless other witnesses come forward to map her presence at a particular place (camera at Teton entry booth; park personnel somewhere else like Waterfall canyon), they need him -as thoroughly unappetizing as that is.

15. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Keep in mind if she's alive, all of this goes away. So unless he KNOWS she is dead, there's really no reason to refuse to provide any information to the police. I get being scared - half of my clients are neurotic nervous nellies who don't ever actually break the law and the other half...well.

If BL came to me with this exact situation but he knew she was alive I'd be showing up at the FBI agent's house myself ready to talk. They have to find her alive. That's the best outcome for the defendant.

You lead them to a live Gabby and he'll get 6 months for assault or whatever charges there are (that are NOT homicide related because she's ALIVE!). It's her life that is important. It's not just doing a good thing, it's doing the best thing for yourself (the criminal) too.

16. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

Long time, first time.

Do we know for sure that BL is currently inside his parents home?

17. WahooSleuth

WahooSleuth Well-Known Member

Being in such a remote area, could it be that the "no service" text was pushed through to mom's phone well after whoever wrote it pushed "send"?

18. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

Lulu777 likes this.
  19. Woodberry

Woodberry Well-Known Member

HayLouise, Lulu777 and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  20. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Nancy Grace’s podcast today has another interview with Gabby’s mom and stepdad if anyone is interested. I can’t get it to link from my phone, so maybe someone can post the link for me?

Her poor family is doing everything they can to locate her, IMO. I just can NOT understand why, if BL is innocent, he would not at the very least let LE know where he last saw her? It’s incomprehensible to me.

ar3593, HayLouise, La Louve and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.