Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I would guess that's why police were stationed out there. They've already had one neighbor arrested for assaulting a protestor. I really believe as this drags on, the protestors will get tired and move on. Are we sure the Laundries are still in the home? Have they been seen at all?

2. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree, crowd mentality could happen and they could do anything, egg each other on and potentially commit crimes. As much as I dislike what the laundrie family has done by keeping quiet, we as the general public are not privy to LE/FBI information for all we know they might not have had a clue. I really think they should have been moved to a safe location, which I’m sure the neighbours would appreciate too and LE could keep an eye on their phones etc. To me this seems like the safest and smartest thing LE could/should do. JMO

Edit just wanted to add, obvious peaceful protests are a human right IMO, I just don’t want to see it escalate and the focus to be off of gabby getting justice. We’ve already seen neighbours getting into trouble. Plus I wouldn’t want to see someone ruin their lives doing something illegal to the laundries IMO they’re not worth it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Lara Yeretsian, another high-powered West Coast defense attorney, said potential charges against the parents hinge on what, if anything, they told the FBI when investigators entered their home last month, and whether they misled or misdirected authorities.

"We don't have enough information," she said. "All of this is conjecture, honestly."

But if any charges are filed against the parents, she said, they might relate to obstructing justice or accessory after the fact.

Rahmani said he expects federal investigators have already begun subpoenaing phone records and other evidence as part of their investigation and that more serious charges against Laundrie are likely.
    Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?

DeDee, Kapua, TRB and 4 others like this.
  4. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

So sad to hear this, but you now can see it so easily. Lotsa time, growing up and getting smarter. You survived. At a cost, certainly.
    And we see it with some of our sad cases here, don't we? And bad endings are heart-breakers and often worse than simply broken hearts.
    We're so glad you're here with us; your comments are always helpful and wise. Thanks for sharing.

DeDee, Trooper, Ruminations and 8 others like this.
  5. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

yup. Right now, he could hole up in a number of shelters on private properties that may be vacant. Hunting season, and the snowbird season coming soon and those places will be filling up.

6. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

Possible. But more likely they followed strict instructions from attorney and could beat such raps. That GP’s family is likely to file civil suit is going to be a huge issue because the rules are more flexible in civil court.

7. sjinnj

sjinnj Well-Known Member

I would really like to know what Gabby did when Brian went back to Florida to help his Dad move things? I am sure she was working on documenting their trip, but I wonder if she was reflecting on her and Brian's trip?

8. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

I can not for the life of me understand an entire family covering for someone who did something this heinous.

I am so baffled by this that I keep going back to, why?

Any chance anyone has considered that Brian being the martyr he is put the entire blame on Gabby? So, the parents help him out, legitimately not knowing she was murdered or missing at the time. Blood being thicker than water, they supported their son.

I am not trying to give them an out but I am trying to understand how/why we are here and they are just...gardening. Is there a chance they really did not know anything at first and have been cooperative since they started putting the pieces together?

There is no need to vehemently disagree with me/attack me for suggesting this. I am just presenting an option to be considered because I have been of the 'family is guilty' mindset, like most, but I have this nagging little part of me that says...did he possibly play his own family too?

9. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

It's a spectrum. It's also not normal for people to never have an argument. What I think happened is that during this trip they had no one to keep things in check. If anyone's taken a trip with even a close friend, you know how it can wear on you after a couple of days. Add to that some youth, hormones, financial issues, close quarters and a lack of good coping methods and it's not surprising they had problems that escalated. But then this went to the far end of the spectrum and Gabby was murdered. It doesn't always get worse, people can have a less than stellar moment, but it does sound like in this case things were escalating if we believe the interaction at the Merry Piglets.

10. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

That’s your opinion and I have mine.

Mamamerced likes this.
  11. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

What was the reason given for the trip home and storage? Were they moving things out of storage? If so where were they going to put those things in such a small home? Whose things?
    Tia!

khaki likes this.
  12. Beans

Beans Well-Known Member

Your son or sibling comes back from a trip with his girlfriend’s van but without his girlfriend. She’s inactive on her social media. I find it very hard to believe that there’s a plausible story he could’ve told his family that didn’t involve some harm coming to her.

If she wandered off, you notify parents and police and whoever else. You’re worried, right?

If she went off with other people, you question why she did it without her van and you question why she’s quiet on social. You tell her parents this when they call. (Would be fascinated to know if her belongings were in the van when he came home)

Whatever you do, you certainly don’t stay silent and then ignore her parents.

Then, in amongst all this, you go camping. Oh to be a fly on the wall at the various Laundrie residences that first week after he drove back.

Even if I try to convince myself they maybe don’t know at first, I don’t believe they wouldn’t have come to their own conclusions about it all fairly quickly.

DeDee, Trooper, BeanieBod and 7 others like this.
  13. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

I don't think there can be a civil suit against the parents unless they are somehow responsible for Gabby's actual death, and not just for what happened afterward. jmo

14. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

I think along the lines of your scenario. I think BL's parents were in the dark until 09/10 when Gabby's parents started calling. At that point they pressured BL for the truth and what he told them was serious enough they knew he needed a lawyer. When BL left home on the 14th he may have led his parents to believe he was going to turn himself in after one last hike. That could be why they waited several days before informing LE he was missing. They may have held onto hope that he would do that. I also believe he is deceased. IMO.

15. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I don’t believe the FBI have to warn anyone they plan to show up at someone’s door. If they have a warrant, they’re coming in, whether you have an attorney or not. You don’t have to answer questions without an attorney present. They may notify your attorney as a courtesy but it’s not a requirement.

16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

There's so much we don't know about that trip.

17. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

I've asked before and never gotten answer (not necessarily asked you @jamicat) but even with "flexible rules" how could be family be sued? Brian or his estate, yes. But the family? I'm not an attorney but I don't see "wrongful death" fitting as an action against the parents as I do not think anyone would believe they helped BL kill GP. So what would the grounds be? Is there an "obstruction after the fact" civil action that could be brought? I've never heard of that.
    JMO

Trooper, doxiemom3, darring21 and 2 others like this.
  18. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

The Dead & Company tour could actually be a good cover for him to roam and not be noticed.

19. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

It is VERY odd! Maybe his parents told them that Gabby had to go? No more living together? Maybe they worried that the relationship was too volatile and they refused to allow Gabby to come back?

20. Beans

Beans Well-Known Member

That’s my headspin too. I find it really hard to believe that people can be like this. I keep looking for reasons to give them leeway but it’s a struggle because I can’t imagine any scenarios that fit or would present a reasonable explanation. They’d have to be incredibly gullible and given their quick decision to stay silent and communicate only through a lawyer they don’t fit that profile either for me. They’re clearly thinkers and have strategised.

DeDee, SparkleGal7, Trooper and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.