Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible position it must be for her, to have to come to terms with that her brother probably did this and her parents are probably involved somehow in the coverup and she’s been hung out to dry and left behind with no end in sight. It makes me very sad, aside from any speculation about her involvement (which IMO I do not participate in or agree with), that she is being cut out and cut off and allowed to be scapegoated throughout this. Just really sad.

Sbm.

Also imagine being asked to speak on a time (De Soto trip) that you (potentially) saw as a family gathering... Which turns out to be days after your brother may have murdered your future SIL--and you all were having smores. I personally wouldn't want to speak on it, remember it, or think about.

MOO.

She's shared more, and showed more love for Gabby than the rest of her family and for that I'll continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Our schools here aren't off for that...and I doubt Florida is either,, generally.. I am inclined to believe her statement about that. MOO.

Florida has a large Jewish community, I could ask my cousin if the schools are closed since she used to be a principal. I'm pretty sure they are, just like here in NJ.

He is what some people would call a " sleezy lawyer.". Jmo

There is just zero reason to be talking at all. Zero. Unless you have something really useful to say - like, I don't know, that your client is surrendering himself - then I don't know why this guy thinks he's contributing anything useful to the discourse at all.

The one redeeming quality of the Laundrie parents is that they have completely cut their daughter out of any legal consequences for their actions.
They've essentially chosen BL over CL. Maybe they're saving his life but they didn't have to cut her out to do it. They could've found a way. I honestly didn't think they weren't speaking to her at all. I'm generally not one to demonize the family of a suspect but this interview said a LOT. She must be hurting so much. I hope she has support elsewhere.

Well, IMO that IS, similarly, a defensive posture... :p You are, in your mind, defending/protecting yourself/warding away the attention, KWIM? ;)

She also grabs/holds her own upper arms, as in a hug - hard enough that when she waves her hands, you can see pink spots. She looks around quickly, seems hyper-vigilant. Many of us would feel that way during a potential DV arrest stop (although she doesn't seem to be as fully aware of what's happening as some people would be - she asks no questions of the officers, who try to draw her out a little).

I saved the video to start where JP apologizes to CL.

Edit: It didn't post that way, so start at 23:22

Okay, but I thought he was apologizing for saying he called Cassie when he hadn't, but I don't hear him saying that. Maybe I misunderstood you. Anyway, I still think she's not lying when she says she didn't ignore him. jmo

Yep, just going by the 36 hour total drive time, there was plenty of time to stop and stay over at a motel at some point. Perhaps he did that on the 30th? Basically what happened during the extra time? Because we know he arrived at 10:30am on the 1st. Where did he stop? FBI has a better idea since they likely have a record of any purchases made by a certain card along the way.
Thanks!

There is just zero reason to be talking at all. Zero. Unless you have something really useful to say - like, I don't know, that your client is surrendering himself - then I don't know why this guy thinks he's contributing anything useful to the discourse at all.
Quite the classless fellow. Doesn't allow a peep of compassion from his clients, but blabs his hurt feelings when CL calls a spade a spade.

Okay, but I thought he was apologizing for saying he called Cassie when he hadn't, but I don't hear him saying that. Maybe I misunderstood you. Anyway, I still think she's not lying when she says she didn't ignore him. jmo
I don't think she's lying either. I think she's withholding priviledged information that the FBI has TOLD HER TO but she seems pretty forthright and angry (understandably) to me. MOO

Florida has a large Jewish community, I could ask my cousin if the schools are closed since she used to be a principal. I'm pretty sure they are, just like here in NJ.
I just wondered what reason she would have to lie about such a thing. Do we know if her kids are in public, charter or private schools. Just a quick note: I don't believe we are allowed to sleuth her family here, but could be wrong! JMO MOO!

I'm sure they did, but we'll never know that. She was asked by the FBI not to talk on certain things. We have to remember this. JMO.

I'm sorry but she said NOTHING came up about Gabby in conversation. If she wanted to say the FBI told her not to comment, she could have said that instead. I think we need to keep in mind that if she can choose to answer or she can choose to say she isn't allowed to speak on it. So please keep that in mind. She is very capable of saying she can't comment instead of answering.

For those who say protesting is a waste of time: take note. It is because Cassie and her husband wanted the protestors off their lawn they broke their silence and came outside to tell their story.

Score one for the protestors. Power of the people.

MOO.
Yes and no. I am glad they got this. And, they did a really good job with their questioning. Very direct. They elicited a lot of information. But, I'm with Tiff on this one. I'm afraid of what kind of precedent this might start. Things have not been good. You have to agree with that I'd think. We don't want this to become a regular occurrence. Those poor neighbors. MOO

BL certainly had an interest in the dark side of life, and this is reflected in his artwork.

Creepy Pinterest post.JPG

When I was looking at this image I had to Google St James Infirmary as I hadn’t heard of it. These are some of the disturbing lyrics:

Well folks, I'm goin' down to St. James Infirmary
See my little baby there
She's stretched out on a long, white table
Well she looks so good, so cold, so fair

Let her go, let her go, God bless her
Wherever she may be
You may search this whole wide world over
But she'll never find another sweetheart like me, yeah

Take apart your bones and put 'em back together
Tell your mother that you are somebody new
Feel the breeze blow and tell 'em all, "Look out here it comes!"
Now I can say whatever I feel like to you

st james infirmary cab calloway lyrics - Google Search

Sbm.

Also imagine being asked to speak on a time (De Soto trip) that you (potentially) saw as a family gathering... Which turns out to be days after your brother may have murdered your future SIL--and you all were having smores. I personally wouldn't want to speak on it, remember it, or think about.

MOO.

She's shared more, and showed more love for Gabby than the rest of her family and for that I'll continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Absolutely. I agree. I am not just now, after this interview, thinking “oops we were too hard on her!” — Prior to this interview I thought that her comments during GMA about not being able to speak with Brian were likely referring to the time after the missing persons report and that she was misinterpreted (as she confirmed today), and even then I was pretty yucked by all the hate she was getting. There’s room for speculation, I am not saying anything about anyone in this thread or elsewhere who chooses to speculate about it. But personally I am feeling like it’s gone too far against *other victims* of Brian’s actions, rather than his conspirators, when it goes onto Cassie. I have a deep sense of humanity towards the position she’s been put it. ALL MOO and humbly MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong