Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTeach

TheTeach Active Member

Sbm.

Also imagine being asked to speak on a time (De Soto trip) that you (potentially) saw as a family gathering... Which turns out to be days after your brother may have murdered your future SIL--and you all were having smores. I personally wouldn't want to speak on it, remember it, or think about.

MOO.

She's shared more, and showed more love for Gabby than the rest of her family and for that I'll continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.

SandySouth, sk716, lastkiss and 29 others like this.

2. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

Florida has a large Jewish community, I could ask my cousin if the schools are closed since she used to be a principal. I'm pretty sure they are, just like here in NJ.

3. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

There is just zero reason to be talking at all. Zero. Unless you have something really useful to say - like, I don't know, that your client is surrendering himself - then I don't know why this guy thinks he's contributing anything useful to the discourse at all.

BeanieBod, borndem, Sunny123 and 20 others like this.
  4. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

They've essentially chosen BL over CL. Maybe they're saving his life but they didn't have to cut her out to do it. They could've found a way. I honestly didn't think they weren't speaking to her at all. I'm generally not one to demonize the family of a suspect but this interview said a LOT. She must be hurting so much. I hope she has support elsewhere.

10ofRods, Sundog, Bekind89 and 4 others like this.
  5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

She also grabs/holds her own upper arms, as in a hug - hard enough that when she waves her hands, you can see pink spots. She looks around quickly, seems hyper-vigilant. Many of us would feel that way during a potential DV arrest stop (although she doesn't seem to be as fully aware of what's happening as some people would be - she asks no questions of the officers, who try to draw her out a little).

6. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

Okay, but I thought he was apologizing for saying he called Cassie when he hadn't, but I don't hear him saying that. Maybe I misunderstood you. Anyway, I still think she's not lying when she says she didn't ignore him. jmo

7. 10ofRods

No one knew - Gabby's mom didn't start reporting until Aug 10 and the report wasn't filed until the 11th.

katydid23, LadyL, Coquette and 5 others like this.
  8. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

"The sooner he is found, the sooner this is over for us." That made me choke up. They are over all of this and can't even grieve properly yet (if they want to). :( MOO

9. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Blue Amethyst and Bekind89 like this.
  10. 10ofRods

Or he'd already made up a short and ready reply. "Gabby is with a friend in Portland."

LadyL, Catty, LAHOLLA and 4 others like this.
  11. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Wow, did she really say her parents threw her under the bus, too? Haven't caught up on the new segments.

12. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Quite the classless fellow. Doesn't allow a peep of compassion from his clients, but blabs his hurt feelings when CL calls a spade a spade.

13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

UMM how are we still here at 10:17

14. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

I don't think she's lying either. I think she's withholding priviledged information that the FBI has TOLD HER TO but she seems pretty forthright and angry (understandably) to me. MOO

BeanieBod, LadyL, Tiff23fr and 12 others like this.
  15. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

I just wondered what reason she would have to lie about such a thing. Do we know if her kids are in public, charter or private schools. Just a quick note: I don't believe we are allowed to sleuth her family here, but could be wrong! JMO MOO!

TheTeach likes this.
  16. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but she said NOTHING came up about Gabby in conversation. If she wanted to say the FBI told her not to comment, she could have said that instead. I think we need to keep in mind that if she can choose to answer or she can choose to say she isn't allowed to speak on it. So please keep that in mind. She is very capable of saying she can't comment instead of answering.

shelbycat, KBlackRabbit and TRB like this.
  17. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Yes and no. I am glad they got this. And, they did a really good job with their questioning. Very direct. They elicited a lot of information. But, I'm with Tiff on this one. I'm afraid of what kind of precedent this might start. Things have not been good. You have to agree with that I'd think. We don't want this to become a regular occurrence. Those poor neighbors. MOO

18. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

BL certainly had an interest in the dark side of life, and this is reflected in his artwork.

Creepy Pinterest post.JPG

When I was looking at this image I had to Google St James Infirmary as I hadn’t heard of it. These are some of the disturbing lyrics:

Well folks, I'm goin' down to St. James Infirmary
    See my little baby there
    She's stretched out on a long, white table
    Well she looks so good, so cold, so fair

Let her go, let her go, God bless her
    Wherever she may be
    You may search this whole wide world over
    But she'll never find another sweetheart like me, yeah

Take apart your bones and put 'em back together
    Tell your mother that you are somebody new
    Feel the breeze blow and tell 'em all, "Look out here it comes!"
    Now I can say whatever I feel like to you

st james infirmary cab calloway lyrics - Google Search

Periwinkl3 likes this.
  19. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I agree. I am not just now, after this interview, thinking “oops we were too hard on her!” — Prior to this interview I thought that her comments during GMA about not being able to speak with Brian were likely referring to the time after the missing persons report and that she was misinterpreted (as she confirmed today), and even then I was pretty yucked by all the hate she was getting. There’s room for speculation, I am not saying anything about anyone in this thread or elsewhere who chooses to speculate about it. But personally I am feeling like it’s gone too far against *other victims* of Brian’s actions, rather than his conspirators, when it goes onto Cassie. I have a deep sense of humanity towards the position she’s been put it. ALL MOO and humbly MOO.

20. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

Have we learned yet why police went to the Laundries TWICE on 9/10? And three times 9/11?
    What was said or done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.