Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

Imo, it isn't the lawyer who is her problem, it's Brian Entin who tweeted out (more than) suggesting that she was lying based on a very general statement she made in the GMA interview. He lost me with that. Especially because that's when people started showing up at her house where two young children live. The media are a pack of jackals with opposable thumbs and iphones imvso.

2. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

She's being "interviewed" by people that are protesting their home. It was impromptu because she wants them to leave. I'm sure she's coming across somewhat defensive because she's likely angry with her parents, angry with her brother, and angry with these protestors she's answering questions to in hopes they go away.

The main thing for me is she said she didn't know Brian was there on the 1st. Her parents showed up with her kids and Brian was with them. If true, that kind of negates some theories about her directly helping as he passed through. It puts more of a question mark on the parents, IMO. Why did they surprise her with the kids? Where were they going with Brian in such a rush after he got back from his marathon drive home?

3. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Good for Cassie. There's only so much a person can take. Obviously her and her husband have their own family and they have to be concerned about their kids and their personal safety.

Early on I thought it would be BL's parents doing the right thing because of Cassie and her kids. That they wouldn't want to sacrifice the remaining child they have to help BL. But apparently not.

4. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

Right?! There was like half a thread here dedicated to figuring out where her in-laws are hiding BL. I'd be pissed too.

superbee, lastkiss, SMK777 and 11 others like this.
  5. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

Unless I missed something, she confirms she is mad at the lawyer, she is not close to Brian who is much younger, and she knows very little about what Brian or her parents did or did not do.

6. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

She just rubbed me the wrong way. I get she’s mad about protestors and the media being there and whatnot.. but something about that bothers me and I can’t put my finger on it

CAlove, Trooper, esayer and 2 others like this.
  7. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Thank you

8. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

They are quite far apart in age, aren't they?

9. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Had we heard reports about screaming at the Laundrie's house before? Which neighbors said that?

10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Exactly! And, this is an inconsistency. And, we have Petitio on the record stating he called her. This is where she needs to be very careful. MOO. She may truly be in the dark but she just tripped herself up.

"Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter. 'We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

And, the whole Disney thing that she said to ABC when she just said now that the kids had school. Not sure of the dates told though. Would have to look at the transcript in Thread 47 again.

superbee, CAlove, jackhammer and 7 others like this.
  11. Runswithscissorz

Runswithscissorz Well-Known Member

I bet she’s not the only one feeling uncomfortable rn IMO

I’m picturing BLs parents frantically trying to get the Live Nation stream on their tv

12. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Tricia had a notice on an earlier thread that it would be several hours.

13. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Did Cassie say anything about the trip on 8/17?

14. Alethea

She did say that she spoke to LE and the FBI and the FBI asked her not to talk. In my experience, the FBI is very stern with witnesses. They will say directly that if you discuss this with other people, you can compromise this investigation. They really try to scare you into not repeating what you say to them so it doesn't affect the testimony of other witnesses or possibly perpetrators.

So I could see leaving those interviews and you don't have your own lawyer and you think you better just shut your mouth no matter what is being said about you because you don't want the FBI upset at you!

superbee, cujenn81, Sunny123 and 23 others like this.
  15. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

One other thing she attempted to explain, was the way the GMA question was worded and how the entire context was not given. I didn’t catch her quotes so will have to wait to do a rewind, but wanted to mention she addresses it.

16. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I am so glad that there is a statement from both groups of families that there was indeed a flight home. That lack of confirmation of a possible flight has been bugging me to no end. Its such a big thing, how could it stay unresolved all this time.

superbee, CAlove, jackhammer and 15 others like this.
  17. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

I doubt she has his number stored in her phone with his name. I ignore ALL calls from unknown numbers. It could be just that simple and probably is, imo.

ErinC, superbee, skywalker20 and 25 others like this.
  18. Alethea

I mean there were full threads about how she may have snuck BL out of the campground. I know everyone wants to walk it back now but if she read here alone she might be furious lol

19. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Some interesting info. I found her believable. She's obviously upset, shaking a bit, very angry but very believable.
    -Brian and Gabby had a storage locker, not a full storage room. Cassie was asked about the storage facility and she quickly corrected that it was a locker.
    -Brian did come home on the 17th, Cassie doesn't know who paid for the flight. Brian didn't talk about the fight on the 12th, he just talked about the next places he and Gabby were planning to visit. Cassie face timed with Gabby during the time that Brian was home. Cassie said she was "in the dark" about the fight on the 12th.
    -Brian and Gabby lived with them for a short time and they never saw any problems. Cassie was asked about neighbors who claim they often heard someone screaming at the Laundrie home when Brian and Gabby were living there and she had no answer for them.
    -Cassie said that when she saw Brian on the 1st, it was a surprise. Her parents were supposed to come and visit the kids and they hadn't told her Brian was with them, he just showed up.
    -Cassie said she didn't know if Brian killed Gabby. Then went on to say silence didn't equal guilt, that she was silent because the FBI had told her not to talk.

20. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

yes that he flew there and mentioned about storage unit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.