Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Aug 17-23 trip, it does not make financial sense. The cost of the flight and hotel was much more than the cost of the storage unit. If it had been Gabby's goal to save money for the van trip, then him flying off to Florida and interrupting their trip might have been his power move to waste her money. He would have known if she wouldn't choose to stay in the van alone. He was also very persistent in the Moab bodycam that they were going to hike in Arches that day. He may have been just as insistent with his plan for them to try "wwoofing" at an organic farm in Washington at the end of the road trip. If they weren't returning to Florida for months, then emptying the storage locker makes a little more financial sense if you consider only his side, the cost of the plane ticket, and disregard the expense on her side for a hotel room.

My guess is that in the last week of the trip, they were arguing about money. MOO

I'm confused on CL's statement on her parents wanting to pick up the children from school and surprise them. Wasn't 9/6 Labor Day? Schools are closed in our area on Labor day.

Edited to say this was answered. The surprise was on 9/1 not 9/6. Thank you.

Moo, this was a ruse to cover their tracks. They needed to speak with CL, formulate a plan and alert her to not answer any calls/text about GP. I feel they were smart enough to not communicate by phone.

Last edited:
I agree that the murder likely began with an argument. If Gabby was having second thoughts I believe it’s because she was terrified of being abandoned by him driving off in the van alone. I think he’s threatened her before. When long term couples argue there’s a point when they go for the jugular. They know one another’s past, dreams and fears. They know what is going to turn around an argument in the others favor. They know what is really gonna hurt the other to return the pain they themselves feel. Defense/Offense. Offense/Defense. Rinse. Repeat. What is Gabby’s biggest fear? Abandonment? What is Brian’s biggest fear? Failure? Idk, what do ya’ll think?
I'm not too sure - as I don't really want to get into how either of them feels (I do not know them, so how could i know?). However, my guess is abandonment wouldn't really be an issue (unless both were under some kind of threat). Gabby was in the hotel for a week when Brian was in Florida, and she managed then. On the road, unless in an isolated spot, there are always ways of making contact with those that can help. The younger generation always seem to be melded to their phones - so my thinking is, if they still have their phone, they cannot be abandoned. IMO.

I can only imagine how exhausted he may be. He has demonstrated so much commitment to following this case, live and in person.
I’m exhausted and I haven’t been sitting in the Florida sun and heat all day everyday! He has to be wiped out. I wonder how long he will continue to follow the case from North Port if there aren’t any major new developments.

His parents claimed he had a backpack. I don't think 'gators eat those..
If it had food in it, they might. I imagine they don’t have the gator equivalent of bear boxes at the reserve. (Bear boxes are secure enclosures used at many campgrounds to store anything a bear might come after, from gear to food to toothpaste. If no bear boxes are around, you tie your stuff way up in a tree.) If he had MREs or energy bars or peanut butter cheese crackers, a gator might go for his gear too.

The flight back to Florida for a week would have made a lot more sense if they both flew back. Why would a man, who many here believe to be extremely possessive, leave his hot girlfriend (sort of fiancee) all alone in a hotel room for a week? His lawyer said he was there to empty the storage and pick up some things, It would be much cheaper to pick up a few things at Wal-mart than fly to Florida.

I wonder what GP really told her parents about this event. Apparently she presented it in a way that neither parent felt the need to catch the next flight out to help her.

The many here are basing it mostly on one witness. So its possible maybe he wasn't possessive. And maybe the thing they wanted from storage was a personal keepsake and not something you can buy at walmart. There are an endless possible reasons why they needed to get into the storage. Maybe he forgot to leave a key and it was still on the keyring. Maybe they needed his signature. maybe he or she wouldn't want strangers (2 men and a truck) pawing through their things.

Good Morning All.

I haven’t read the backlog yet, but want to get this down before my brain forgets it or the thread closes again.

It seems like CLs recent revelations(esp 8/17-23 confirmation) have spurred the oddest text-communicating-with-reporters lawyer to take a closer look at the Laundries claimed timeline and try to circle the wagons. BEs photos of the mustang in/not in the driveway the were probably burning a hole in his brain.

SBs latest blurb of “ last time they saw BL” is now 9/13/21. Hmmmmm?? (BBM- my favorite part, see below)

Wonder if that admittance has anything to do with the release of the 911 calls from the house? This MSM article says the police responded to 911 calls FROM the house 5 times from the 14-17. Maybe SB is just scratching his head realizing LEO was inside the house and BL wasn’t on the 14th, so he best slide in a little text about that!

“Police returned to the Laundrie home on Sept. 14, 15 and 16 and twice on Sept. 17, the records obtained by Fox show. The records do not indicate who placed the calls.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...brian-laundrie-home-gabby-petito-missing/amp/

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NewsNation Now) — The Laundrie family attorney Tuesday said Brian Laundrie’s parents now believe they last saw him Sept. 13, a day earlier than they’d previously told investigators.

“The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events,”
their lawyer, Steven Bertolino said. “Upon further communication with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday Sept. 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday, Sept. 13.“

Brian Laundrie’s family changes story on when they last saw him | WFXRtv

IMO drilling down into this timeline is one sleuth we can do. Now that the 8/17-23 visit has been confirmed, along with the weak bit about clearing it out to save money for possibly “extending the trip”, wonder what happened the other 5 days? 5 days of $$ for a hotel. Right. This attorney expects everyone to swallow that math. I’m especially loving the part where GP and BL “to his knowledge” shared the cost of the flight.

“Steven P. Bertolino, the Long Island lawyer who has been issuing statements on behalf of the Laundrie family, released this explanation to FOX 5 News on Tuesday: "Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses. Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.” (This is from the same Fox link above)

In my calculations airfare + 6 nights in hotel does not equal, or surpass, savings for cancelling what , 1 month storage locker fee?

The trip was due to end Oct 31. I find it hard to believe they thinking about staying any longer as the weather turned colder.

IMO, SB, ChrisL and RL are just playing the game. Waiting to see what emerges, waiting to see who says what, then putting out their Spin

IMO Upstanding folks would get down to that PD or call the FBI and spill their guts.

Now. Before anyone else gets hurt. Do that not see the potential for further harm as these sightings escalate?

In SB's latest statement:
“The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events,”

What are these "certain events" because THAT was intentionally vague, imo.

<modsnip>

Anything is possible but it seems he didn’t have many friends. You would have to be friends with some pretty hard criminals, or be really close with someone or paying a hefty sum to get someone to assist you if you were a fugitive IMO

I do know along the AT for example, there are groups of hikers who bond and sometimes make lifelong friendships along the way. In fact the lean to structures we saw a few threads ago are often used by couples or singles who don’t know each other. The only thing I can equate it to is dining in Europe and sitting with people you don’t know.

I am wondering whether it was a medical appointment? I don't think it was any criminal action, as that info would be easy to find online.
I’m suggesting a court appointment that was able to be disappeared.
Going back for a medical appointment seems super strange to me. He knew months in advance he’d be on the road. He could reschedule.

It looks like as of 6/8, FL jury trials are being held in person, while most other appearances are being done remotely. If he had a rap sheet, I’d think we’d have heard about it by now; his info is on certain info websites for a small fee. (Also, I feel terrible for the 61 year old man in CA who also goes by the name Brian Laundrie. Somebody please buy that man some whiskey.)
Source: COVID-19 Information and Updates - Florida Courts
He has no criminal or traffic background in North Port or Suffolk County NY. Also, no background on checkmate.

I don't know if it matters or if it's relevant, but when I represent someone in a serious issue, I do always tell them to NOT talk about the matter with anyone but myself or my staff. The reasoning is I want to control the situation as best as I can. I want my client and I to make the calculated decisions on what to do and what to say without any outside influence. That means - if you are negotiating a plea or a settlement in a civil case, you do not want to have to worry about some third party turning on you and ruining everything.

So I do think it is very possible if BL spoke to SB at any point, his advice would be - do not talk to anyone. Do not tell your parents, do not tell your sister, do not tell your friends. If you need to talk, call me. Our conversations are privileged. But if you tell anyone else, they can use it against you or be forced to use it against you.

I don't know if that happened but it would have been good advice. You don't randomly tell people you committed a crime so then you have to worry about them developing a conscience and calling the police on you.

Now that it has been confirmed by Cassie that BL was in Florida while Gabby stayed in SLC, is there validity to the convenience store clerk statement that Gabby was with a man in her store? It could not have been BL if he was actually in Florida.

It would be interesting to know who that was if it is true.
Well, I’m glad you brought that up. I’ve been wondering for awhile now, if, while Gabby was alone, she might have met up with some friendly people. Gabby seems so approachable and easy to talk to. People are naturally attracted to her. Perhaps one of those friendly people was a male. Brian returns and sees them together…

The Perkins restaurant is attached to the hotel and supplies morning breakfast to the Fairfield Inn guests.

A cashier at Perkins restaurant told DailyMail.com that she saw Gabby in the hotel lobby around August 24.

Justina Suazo, 49, said, 'I distinctly remember her because I commented to my co-worker how cut she was. I saw her in the lobby and she appeared to be just a normal guest.'

When showed a picture of Brian Laundrie, she said, 'I never saw him at the hotel.'

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Can I just say, when you turn up to a family gathering and someone is there without their partner, you don’t automatically think murder and sit down and interrogate them. We have the hindsight now to know that GP was killed, but on the 6th of September CL had literally no reason we know of to think any such thing.

BL had been home before on this trip during August, so it wasn’t that crazy that he was home again. If you look at her first interview with ABC, she started to say something about how he’d flown before and then stopped herself saying “that’s police stuff”. So it totally fits that she simply assumed he’d flown home again.

CL had kids with her and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her when she went to Fort De Soto. I also got the feeling she couldn’t talk about any “Where’s Gabby” questions when she was questioned by the protesters, since she followed right up with “everyone doesn’t need to know what the FBI knows” and said repeatedly throughout that a) she has told LE everything and b) there are things she can’t talk about. That means when she’s talking to the protesters she’s constantly assessing whether what she’s saying is ok and leaving certain things out which can make it look like she’s lying. The bottom line is, she can’t be as open as she seems (IMO) to want to be.

I just think it’s important to keep those things in mind when dissecting and analyzing everything she said. It’s also important to keep in mind that she said on the 10th? 11th?, the detective from Suffolk NY called her while she and her family were in Orlando on a Disney trip. They were at dinner and CL says she called her back and answered all of her questions. GP’s parents would know if that was true or not. It’s even possible this is how they learned or confirmed for sure that Brian was home… without Gabby. Which would be the most horrifying realization. Ugh.

I just don’t think she’s lying at this point. I have a vastly different and rather negative view of the parents behavior throughout this, and I’m just not getting that same feeling from CL.

All MOO of course

I have no idea! Where are the Floridians??
I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO

We hear of alligator attacks - but you have to find the alligator and cut it open to see what's inside - which IIRC has been done but I don't have a link. Google returns dozens of alligator attacks here. I won't go near ponds, or a lake for this reason.

The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?

Maybe it was legal. But what would not appear on a docket? Probably not expunging a juvie record. I'm not a Floridian or an attorney but it sounds like that would automatically happen at age 24. While the link below points out it can be good to take action earlier (and hire them!) it's only 10 months to BL's 24th birthday.

Expungement of Juvenile Criminal Records in Florida

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members