Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Agreed about how crazy this case is. I thought nothing would surprise me anymore, but the Laundrie's "confusion" over the timeline takes the cake!

Trooper, LAhiker and Estelle like this.

2. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Can you? Why is that?

tiara1972 and imstilla.grandma like this.
  3. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

If BL's biggest fear was being exposed, then the Moab incident with LE would definitely be the game-changer. That was big time exposure, and I think it is the factor that changed everything. My opinion is that the trip back to Florida was related to his mental health and his parents encouraged it, and he went back under the guise of needing to empty the storage unit and get some things. Even though that may have been done, that was probably not the primary reason for this trip.

4. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. May today be the day there's justice for Gabby.

5. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

6 stimulus checks between them adds up to a pretty penny, plus anything they put aside if GP was indeed working 50 hours a week getting overtime.

6. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Were they eating or using the free wifi? I believe the incident at the Mexican restaurant was Brian being upset about the bill. I would like to know more about what they really had to spend and how they were spending it.

7. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

Plus they probably had very few expenses before they left because they were living with parents. No rent, alone, is huge.

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Because she was on her phone so much working taking time away from him. She kept wanting to stop at places with WiFi to work. She spent hours on it at a a time and I think he often got restless.

esayer, Diddian, whulfc86 and 5 others like this.
  9. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

I guess to hide but 'I think' they do have Tribal Law Enforcement who collaborates with local LE. JMO

10. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

I am skipping around to catch up so I may have missed it - are there reports that BL has a criminal record or is this just speculation about why he may have returned?

LAhiker and tiara1972 like this.
  11. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

If two F.B.I. agents approach you and immediately start asking questions in a seemingly friendly, relaxed manner, your telling a lie can lead to 1001 charges. And the lie does not need to be overt or complex; it can sometimes be falsely denying something or intentionally creating a misimpression. The fact that your discussion is not under oath – and that the agents haven’t said that lying to them may be a crime – does not absolve you of a criminal violation.

How Lying to the U.S. Government Can Land You in Jail | Insights | Holland & Knight

12. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

He should have used that time to fill the van's water tank, wash the van, and shop for new stickers.

13. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is an eventual trial, if text messages between GP and BL will come out. I can see BL being the type of person who, after a fight, is manipulatively calm over text and claims purposefully in writing that GP was at fault. Such as, after the DV incident, texting her that he “forgives” her or that he cannot believe she was so “out of control” or that “she hit him”. I think he’s smart enough to get “his side” in writing, to gaslight her and the world, even if her murder wasn’t premeditated. But doing that on a regularly basis. Because if he was concerned she’d run to her friend Rose or others and say “Brian is a bad guy” he’d have a recourse to say, no, Gabby is the crazy one! See, look how crazy she is and look I have proof!

It would be so interesting to see how they related to each other on text. If they had explosive long drawn out convos over text in that week he was home, or if their texts show just normal interactions. Or, if they don’t rly text at all.

Trooper, Diddian, whulfc86 and 6 others like this.
  14. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

I first saw this about a month ago (with less entries), when some one posted about BL being an aspiring tv personality, or something like that. Moo

15. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

If BL's biggest fear was being exposed, then the Moab incident with LE would definitely be the game-changer. That was big time exposure, and I think it is the factor that changed everything. My opinion is that the trip back to Florida was related to his mental health and his parents encouraged it, and he went back under the guise of needing to empty the storage unit and get some things. Even though that may have been done, that was probably not the primary reason for this trip.
    A lot of people use the same attorney over many years for various issues. That doesn't mean they are on retainer over the years, but that they are the family attorney for most issues that have come up. For example, we have used the same attorney over the last 10 years for real estate transactions, will preparation, notarizing various documents when needed (the staff do that for us since we are a regular client at this law firm), etc. We would be comfortable saying that he is our family attorney.

16. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

They clearly spent money on t-shirts from the various parks, new camping/van gear before the trip, and restaurants along the way, based on the photos and videos they posted. That would all look good in their SM posts, but would still cost money beyond the basic essentials.

MOO

17. lizzied

I am afraid to even open,...what is it?

18. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

A list of the shows about her disappearance and this case.

whulfc86 likes this.
  19. curious95

curious95 Well-Known Member

Floridian here. No they absolutely would not digest bones, shoes, backpack etc. there was
    A case here a few years back after a dog was eaten by an alligator and when opened him up they found collars older than 10 years of other animals.

20. lizzied

On one of the single digit threads someone said "do not even lie about what you had for breakfast". (Not sure who but chime in if it was you. ). It was actually quite witty, but drove home the point quite well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.