Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I believe that BL's apparent comments to GP about how he didn't think she could make it with the blog show that this was a point of contention between the two. I DO NOT THINK this excuses any abusive behavior, but I really think financial tension was reaching a boiling point. If only they would have just called the whole thing off... MOO

2. Chicago54

Chicago54 Well-Known Member

Exposed; as in who he was. His secrets. I think the Moab stop was the closest he had ever come to public exposure. IMO It’s one thing to slap your partner when no one is looking, it’s another to be on LE camera and be questioned about it.

Jennihenny, Midgie2, Estelle and 6 others like this.
  3. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

If he had a gun, that would be one way. Pills or hanging would be another. The last would indicate he’d have been found by now, though.

Estelle and kittythehare like this.
  4. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

It's all of the media appearances she has made - all of them after her death.

These are usually for actors or media personalities, etc. I've never seen one for someone who has been murdered.

Estelle and kittythehare like this.
  5. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

But if I remember correctly he also told them he didn't have a cell phone which we now know wasn't exactly true.

6. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

Our timeline says that Brian wasn't in SLC when this supposedly happened.

esayer, LAhiker, Midgie2 and 4 others like this.
  7. docgoogle

docgoogle Active Member

Regarding the trip back to Florida around the 17th, I'm guessing it's because they broke up, not because of some storage unit baloney. Then I keep thinking about how BL's mom was 'so happy about the engagement' according to gabby's parents. Maybe she convinced him to give it another try, etc. etc. and that's when he flew back to Utah. Then he shows up in FL on 9/1, tells his parents they tried to make it work but couldn't. And Gabby is so upset she flew home to be with her parents but asked him to drive her van back to FL because she'll need to pack up her stuff at the house in it later. Of course, BL's mom, sister still hope they'll work things out, they've broken up so many times before and always gotten back together, and BL is acting normal-ish enough, so they don't question it further till Gabby's parents start calling. That's when the truth comes out (after the camping trip, if the sister is to be believed) and he tells the parents the truth of what happened, there's a big blow up (redacted incident at the laundries right before Gabby's reported missing). After that, he takes off.

8. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I can picture him intentionally lying down to sleep next to a gator hole hoping that he'd be taken by nature. Leaving it in the hands of the cosmos to judge his guilt, so to speak.

9. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

OH! Thank you for letting me know that.

10. cady

cady Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder about how establishments handle people staying for hours on end using their wifi and taking up seats which affects their turnover of customers..Could Gabby have stayed at Merry Piglets way too long and maybe they were asked to move on? Which got BL all riled up? We do not know what time they arrived at the restaurant. They were already there when the witness and her boyfriend arrived and sat near them. I do think this was the big fight that continued for hours and resulted in her death. jmo

catch_22, Nikynoo and LAhiker like this.
  11. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Whether or not it was being executed well, or well yet, it has seemed from all indications that GP was hoping and aiming for it to become something at least money-generatkng to some degree.

catch_22, SMK777, Nikynoo and 2 others like this.
  12. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

But, that does not mean he should be on meds? I think we just need to add this possibility to the pot of suggestions as to 'why BL flew back to Florida'.

13. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Shareholder matters = herding cats :)

14. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

lastkiss, Diddian, LAhiker and 17 others like this.
  15. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

This, exactly. I can't help but wonder who started the IMDb entry for Gabby Petito.

Veronica Sawyer and distracted like this.
  16. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes! ;) I’m speaking from personal experience.

agilbe likes this.
  17. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

Do you remember by chance where those indications began? I know there are bits and pieces of this spattered around, but we also heard they were headed to Portland to Wwoof. Do we have any evidence she was trying to do this for income or was it simply a hobby?

Diddian, Shear22 and Nikynoo like this.
  18. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I honestly still think he's deceased in the Reserve. There's a reason LE has not let up in this area. I strongly believe they've been searching for a body. I cannot even convey the mess that will be in those environmental conditions. IMO

https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh/status/1445770066214080515?s=20

KaJo87, songbrd, Catz and 13 others like this.
  19. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

PSA: Highly recommend a follow-up review and FOIA request for anyone relying on that. I have seen even a Federal arrest appear on a (very) deep dive background check 10+ years after an event, when the arrest/disposition was supposed to have been expunged after completion of a diversion program (which had been completed within a year of the arrest).

20. investikater

investikater Well-Known Member

good for them!

a bit of compensation for the HELL their dirty neighbours are putting them through.

(hoo boy if i was one of their neighbours...
    first of all i would be knocking on that door daily complaining.
    i'd be phoning daily too.
    i would be telling anyone who would listen every tale of petty neighbourhood bs they had ever done.
    i would have talked to the sherif and the fbi day one.)

i hope one is the one next door that Brian Entin stands on right up close to the Laundrie's house.

i hope inside the Laundrie house they can hear what everyone outside says.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.