Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Maybe they are searching the Reserve again because the water has gone down.

JudgeJoe, Nikynoo, LRinCA and 11 others like this.

2. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Part 2 of Dr Phil’s interview with the Petito and Schmidt parents

3. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

I guess I wasn't specific enough. COD will reveal how she died, but not what emotionally occurred between them that led him to take her life.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I'm not the OP, but the pics that were referred to in the post are here: Login • Instagram

5. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

For those of you who think Brian's dead...
    He would have had to blow his brains out.
    He would have to have had a gun.
    He would have to have obtained a license for that gun.
    He would have to have obtained ammunition.
    Any of that verifiable?
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    Or has Brian the survivalist run off with the glass and the water?

6. Chicago54

Chicago54 Well-Known Member

I think this is an assumption that the attorney wants placed.. that they “needed it for the trip”. I think SB knows BL is on CCTV removing something from the unit. Period. The “reason” is far from known. Moo

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Balthazar, tiara1972, scmom and 2 others like this.
  7. gliving

gliving Woof

Another:

“The only thing I could say is they were ‘couple goals,’” said Nicole Kalanich, a former co-worker. “They were very happy never would expect this from Brian or Gabby.”

The couple worked at a local Publix Supermarket, Petito in the pharmacy and Laundrie in the grocery department.

“They were saving up for this trip, I guess because he got her in to work at Publix,” Kalanich said.

Search for Gabby Petito's Fiancé Continues in Florida, Warrant Issued for His Arrest

Nikynoo, tiara1972, SMK777 and 2 others like this.
  8. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

But wait, I forget - what's the relevance of it if she wasn't trying to make a career or self-sustaining business out of it? What if it was just something she enjoyed or wanted to try her hand at? Does that make it less...something? Is the notion that one oerdon's desire to hike > another person's desire to stitch a video story together?

I've literally lost the thread of why this is a discussion topic.

9. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

It appears they both worked at a Publix at the same time at some time in the past, however:

Previously posted by DeDee in a long past thread here:

"According to [Rose] Davis, Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working, after the two had quit their jobs at a nearby Publix with the pandemic's onset.

"He could keep an eye on her at Publix," Davis says. "He didn't want her to work, and she did. And he was mad about it. And he always tried to get what he wanted and he did, because he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

jash, scmom, SMK777 and 4 others like this.
  10. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

11. Forest_Wood

Forest_Wood Well-Known Member

Thank you!

12. pcap

pcap Well-Known Member

This, and BL's trip to Florida, are the two things I am most confused about. I can make no sense of either. (Besides the obvious: where the hell is he/his body?)

13. Habanero43

Habanero43 Member

Yes I do, SDF, but am I allowed to post it?

jjonez and Turkeytrot like this.
  14. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

Is it mainstream media?
    You can always post it and use the "report" button on your post with it to alert mods to check it.

SDFinColo likes this.
  15. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the source. Is it from a news outlet or other approved source?

Turkeytrot likes this.
  16. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

Did no one think to ask CL why she didn't FT GP when BL came home on 9/1? She said she did it when he flew home on the 17th? Did anyone ask her what his explanation was for why he was back? She said she spoke to him before the 11th. Why didn't any of the reporters ask her these questions?

NuttMegg and Estelle like this.
  17. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

(I know your post is quite serious but the visual of your last sentence & the follow-on when my eyes skipped the period - "a white elephant in the room screaming 'moo'" - had me cackling)

tiara1972 likes this.
  18. UConnSportsGuy

UConnSportsGuy Active Member

Actually, if you go to the body cam video where BL is asked if he takes any meds (at 16:30 on the video), he does not answer a simple "no". Unfortunately the Moab PD erased he audio for his answer on the video, but based on my amateur lip reading "expertise", it looks like he is saying that he used to take medication but he isn't taking any currently.

Maybe this is an indication that he used to be on some type of medication and stopped taking it--and thus potentially adds to the possible theory that he went back to FL to "get back on his meds" to fix his problems with GP.

19. 04009margaret

04009margaret Well-Known Member

The 2 day turnaround of the mum picking up the car just doesn't make any sense to me, I just can't wrap my head around it. This is what comes up on google when you search for the code enforcement for abandoned vehicles for North Port...
    "42-58

42-58. - Abandonment prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle which is left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned."

Estelle likes this.
  20. drama_farmer

drama_farmer Central Kentucky (Bluegrass)

I don't think a gun needs to be involved in a suicide. My guess would be hanging.

I think he was operating on "auto pilot" driving home to Florida, and was functioning "normally" while around his family.

Denial of reality is easier to pull off when no one suspects the worst.
    Imo

songbrd, Nikynoo, LRinCA and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.