Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

There is more than 12 cars in the Carlton Reserve - an uptick in the search. This is per JB

2. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

definaitly something going on!

3. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

wfla is live on

4. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

definaitly something going on!

5. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Oh, you sweet person. I agree that using a gun would be the best solution (and we could see what appeared to be an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang when LE opened it up and took that case). So, I think LE thinks of him as armed and dangerous in the swamp and have been acting accordingly.

He doesn't have to have a gun license! People walk around with unlicensed guns all the time. FL isn't exactly known for being unfriendly to guns. Most people keep ammunition in or near the gun that's in their car. I mean, why have a gun in your car if you don't also have the ammo?? We buy our ammo online from outside California, from states that permit mail order ammo. (We use it only for target practice but other people stockpile ammo regularly). Ammo isn't traced in all states. Florida is one of the easiest states in which to buy ammo and they do ship nationwide without restrictions. Locals would be able to pay cash. I don't know how FBI could trace a particular bullet back to a store, btw, if common ammo was used. If someone goes into the store and pays cash for ammo, I don't think it would be easy to track it.

Anyway, I assume he has a gun, maybe had a gun in WY, and that he has ammo. I also assume that even it's traceable, all it will do is trace back to one of the people we already know are involved.

People kill themselves in odd ways sometimes (tying weights to themselves and jumping into bodies of water; hanging; cutting; pills + asphyxiation). Doing any of this in a swamp probably aids in the swiftness of both the death and the destruction of the body by the environment, including wildlife.

If Brian wanted to off himself, he'd take the gun (probably registered to his parents - and btw, you can loan your guns to people to shoot, even if they. aren't the registered owner), wade out into an alligator pond and do it there.

Nikynoo, Estelle, callyn and 5 others like this.
  7. 04009margaret

04009margaret Well-Known Member

With the changing timeline, this pricks my curiosity more than anything else, according to their own code enforcement a vehicle is only considered abandoned after 5 or more days. Why the ticket after 2, unless the mustang was there longer than what we have been led to believe.

AmandaSkis, Nikynoo, LRinCA and 3 others like this.
  8. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

I've discussed this several times in previous threads. I'd read some posts that made it sound as if people were impressed by what she was doing, I didn't see that.

To me they looked like typical vacation pictures, nothing amazing stood out to me. All the work involved wasn't being done, probably a bone of contention between BL & Gabby. Probably lead to a lot of fights.

But because of her inexperience she shouldn't have had been focusing on making money, but she should have been taking a lot pictures of their journey. She should have waited until she was home and had the time to put up content. Even then it's got to be good content and it needs constant updates.

It's called creating a brand and it's consuming. I don't follow 'influencers' or 'vanlife', but I do know it takes commitment, it's a business.

I've found that most successful influencer's are more provocative, have a product of interest, and have branded themselves with a lot of interest.

Until this case I had never heard of vanlife and there doesn't seem to be a something that would interest a lot of people, except like minded people. A small minority of people. Not a sellable product anywhere.

She was probably doing it or wanting to do it for love, but it's a hard career if at all.

9. SeattleStew

WFLA reporting the white van is similar to one used for flying the LE drone in the past. I myself wondered if it was ME.

Diddian, Turkeytrot and wary like this.
  10. Okiruy

Okiruy Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the Moab incident inflated his ego. I think he’s alive and well, and I think he’s enjoying watching the count of his Instagram followers increase.

He has what Gabby so badly wanted. She has a large following now as well, enough of a following to do what she wanted to do monetarily, but it’s a shame she’s not here to see it.

She truly has touched the world.

11. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

I had the same thought - maybe they are finding his body today.

Turkeytrot, A2FMNST and ctmom like this.
  12. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

Here's a ss of the redacted abandoned vehicle report. It's located in this article also. Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

Attached Files:

04009margaret, scmom, BUF and 4 others like this.
  13. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I agree…that’s many many more vehicles than we’ve seen out there the past several days. Maybe the dogs hit on something?! I hope so!

Which_pancake and Turkeytrot like this.
  14. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

many times couples break up and the family of the one side cuts ties with the other person completely. also...these questions could have been asked. there's only so much we're being told.

15. SeattleStew

Interesting comment from WFLA chopper pilot, He states earlier today it was the drone van and two vehicles. Sometime after that an additional 10 or so LE vehicles showed up in a hurry.

LRinCA, Diddian, cb73 and 11 others like this.
  16. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

I did some research about Alligators and what they can digest. According to multiple sources, "An alligator can digest anything it swallows -- muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. are all digested completely. Alligators, being cold-blooded, do not have to eat very often."

Claire182, scmom and A2FMNST like this.
  17. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

I have assumed that the reason to register him as a missing person, was a directive made by the lawyer....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  18. Van Helsing

Van Helsing Well-Known Member

[BBM]
    Wasn't the trip started in July 2021? The pandemic onset was early 2020. If they quit Publix before the pandemic onset, that's a year and a half; not a rush.

Nikynoo and kittythehare like this.
  19. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

It doesn’t look like there would be room for a body to be put in the back.

20. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

WFLA reports 4 marked NPPD vehicles and 11 unmarked vehicles.

At this point they really do need to have information to justify this type of search, IMO. I hope this is it.

Quiche, Nikynoo, dacjess and 26 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.