Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

I read that overnight parking is not permitted in the Reserve. jmo

2. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Idk, I actually do find it strange that parents would take their son’s car after a multi-day hike and assume he would walk 4 more hours home without freaking out that his car got stolen. And his cell phone was at home so they can’t notify him. But that’s just me. IMO.

3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

What if mom or dad found “something” of theirs in his house that was, uh-idk, not welcome in their home and he demanded Brian take care of it? Right away. If they’d been living there for so long, I’m gonna bet it was a breather for the Laundries. Alone at last. Mom says, Well, now that they’re off having fun no outta their way- I’m gonna get this place straightened up a bit. She decides to clutter bust and starts going through boxes and finds something she didn’t want to find.

Nikynoo and LAhiker like this.
  4. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly how it is and seemed very clear from the get-go (even with sound, but very interesting the story "told" even without it). Those seem like a normal and expected trajectory of gestures for someone pulled over, aware of their own acts/culpability, then unexpectedly quickly put at ease, but then reminded that it's not a backyard barbecue even if he's not in trouble.

If I could stand it, I might look at the GP footage without sound, for contrast, but I don't like to see it. However,my recalled impression is correct, though, there's far less of an actual arc to her visual "story" - just deflation and misery.

5. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

Gators do digest bones, but not anything metal or plastic, of course. "An alligator can digest anything it swallows -- muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. are all digested completely. Alligators, being cold-blooded, do not have to eat very often."

LAhiker and squareandrabbet like this.
  6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

WFLA reports comment from NPPD: "FBI is lead agency for this search. We are assisting"

Nikynoo, Diddian, lowes123 and 10 others like this.
  7. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

A gun is not required to commit suicide.

8. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

To be fair, most of the insane amount of work for $12 is startup costs; and if you can get past that hurdle, you might start making more.

We don't really have any idea if Gabby was unrealistic in her expectations. We have barely heard her talk about them.

It's at least as much about what I characterize as "the cult of personality".

I mean, maybe Gabby's idea when she said "travel writer", was to get to write for an airline magazine on the way to something like (hopefully) National Geographic; in which case her personality (which was charming, don't get me wrong) doesn't matter so much as being able to push herself to some resume fodder.

9. Roselle65

Roselle65 Well-Known Member

The storage thing sounds off to me also. BL's sister said it wasn't a storage unit, but a storage locker. I don't really know the difference, but thought a locker would be smaller. Why would the expense of a flight back and forth, be worth saving a few months rent on the locker? And what was so important in it, that he needed to take it back on a plane? Couldn't the parents have just mailed the items to BL? Honestly, you can't carry much on the plane.

Simply Southern and Chicago54 like this.
  10. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Okiruy, SMK777, Turkeytrot and 5 others like this.
  11. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

I tend to agree. They have to have some information that brought this many vehicles to this area.

Nikynoo, Okiruy, Turkeytrot and 2 others like this.
  12. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

The “Travel & Lifestyle” community is a big thing on social media. You’re right that she was creating a brand, etc. & the kind of editing she was doing in that first video did take a whole lot of effort. People that try to make a living on social media spend hours editing pictures to post, etc.
    Unless you just happen to have something go viral & get a lot of eyes on you that way, it is very difficult to become an influencer & build your audience. It takes years. & with the social media algorithms the way they are, you have to create content to post almost every single day to get the engagement & have the algorithms pick up your content & push it out to other people. That is the hard work on the front end that has to be put in if you want to become an influencer & that be how you make a living. Once you do that & build a big audience, it is extremely good money. However, getting there & getting those algorithms to push your content so you can build your audience…that part is extremely difficult & takes a lot of work to create mass amounts of content in order to post almost every day.

I just saw this being discussed so I thought I’d weigh in just knowing how social media works & knowing the influencer world

Nikynoo, Satchie, Diddian and 6 others like this.
  13. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

14. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Exactly! He could have brought a bottle of pills with him, hanged himself etc. So many different ways, unfortunately. IMO.

A2FMNST, Girlyloop13 and SMK777 like this.
  15. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

3 vehicles moving quickly down that road..

16. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Come on Gabby, let us find him!!!!

A2FMNST, Turkeytrot, SMK777 and 3 others like this.
  17. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

This is just an example of the different sizes of storage that's in a storage facility:
    Self-Storage Unit Size Guide | Public Storage

I think that if it had to be mailed, they'd have to find a place to mail it to - like a hotel, or to a UPS/FedEx pickup center.

18. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

20. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Nikynoo, A2FMNST and LAhiker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.