Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the WFLA stream, a Sarasota County truck turned into the entrance of the search area, I can't make out what is in the back of the truck but I took a screenshot of it.
A propeller of some kind, maybe? Like for a boat. At first I thought it was a ski.
Wait.
Maybe for a drone? Did they ever find their drone? Could he have taken the drone and is following the search by drone and is watching by his laptop?

Anyone have a copy who could check out page 103? Could be a stopping point or that page could be in the photo because it contained something BL was interested in. IMO.
I didn’t get anything of interest from that video. I (a young 20-something woman) post pictures with my book in the forefront that’s focused on the background often because, we do that lol. It was her reading it, not him, he is painting in the background of the pic. It was posted way before so I don’t think it means anything other than she would’ve wanted to know he was ID’d because she was interested in the case

@Bertha96 Here is the link in the ‘Home’ highlight on Instagram - @gabspetito

I didn’t get anything of interest from that video. I (a young 20-something woman) post pictures with my book in the forefront that’s focused on the background often because, we do that lol. It was her reading it, not him, he is painting in the background of the pic. It was posted way before so I don’t think it means anything other than she would’ve wanted to know he was ID’d because she was interested in the case

Ah. Thanks!

I looked up what vehicles forensic personnel use look like in Florida, from what I could gather they are large white vans or trucks. Maybe we could keep an eye out for them heading into the reserve. JMO and just what I found online I may be wrong.

I will, too.

One thing keeps ocurring to me-- why would he need a backpack if he planned to kill himself?
To conceal the gun which was in trunk of the Mustang. LE found what appeared to be an empty gun case there. Just speculating, LE has never divulged what the item that looked like a gun case to us was. And it was the parents who gave a minimal description of what he had with him when they last saw him.....so take what they say with a boulder of salt. Between the two of them, they couldn't even get what day he left straight! Grrrr jmo

Why would he take that chance when he could pick up supplies and food at Amazon outside lockers at gas stations, etc.

So long as he was buying them using that prepaid Visa bought fourth-hand on the street so as to be untraceable :)

ETA: I've never picked up my Amazon stuff at a locker (I'm hooked on having things magically show up on my literal doorstep). What do you have to do/have/show to access your stuff?

not a trap door to a basement IMO but we have attics. Also, I can't help but recall the "false" wall in a daycare that LE found - so I suppose it is possible they could have constructed something especially if they knew August 27 or 28 that they needed to cover for their son?
JMO
ETA: link to daycare story
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ids-behind-false-wall-at-daycare-found-guilty

Are we allowed to discuss Petito interview on Dr. Phil. I recorded it yesterday, watched it last night and have part 2 set to record today. I do not see anyone posting about it??? Do you have it as approved media?

The edit option disappeared at the bottom of my original post, so I guess maybe there's an edit limit. I was going to ask if I could just have a continuing edit disclaimer at the bottom ha!

Thank you to everyone that has added in things that I overlooked in putting it together. I am adding it in as you send it through!

Okay. So the attorney statements have been really interesting to me and I've really just had the time to sit down and put them together. So here's a timeline based on what he's said to reporters and police reports to fill in the dates between what he's confirmed. I am only using Twitter-verified reporter's accounts to ensure the accuracy of the text messages.
8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m.
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/11 - Three separate 911 called placed at Laundrie family home at 1:12 p.m. (follow up/investigation), 4:38 p.m (follow up/investigation) and 8:28 p.m (agency assist). (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/14 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/14 - SB releases statement on behalf of Laundrie family addressing the search for GP and the "extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family." He further states the Laundrie family will be "remaining the background at this juncture and will have no further comment." (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/15 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/15- SB releases statement related to "Laundrie family" and why they have not made a statement or spoken to LE. He states at the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter. (Note: First interesting point, the statement is from counsel for the "Laundrie family," but specifically addresses BL's silence. I'm curious as to what made him decide he needed to issue a more detailed statement regarding BL and not the parents. Second interesting point, this statement was released after BL was purportedly missing but before they'd actually reported it and doesn't seem to give any indication that no one knows where is. What changed between the 9/13 conversation and 9/17?) (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/16 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Note: If someone has the missing persons report for BL, let me know and I will link it. I didn't see one.) (Source: Your Sun.)
9/17 - Police return to Laundrie home twice. (Note: Presumably one of these instances is related to BL's parents reporting him missing.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - Five 911 calls made from Laundrie home 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m, 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:13 p.m., 5:10 p.m. (Note: The article was published on 9/30 and states most recent records show calls made on Monday, so I'm assuming it means Monday 9/27. It does not indicate whether police responded to the calls.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.

ETA: I have this feeling that BL will only be "missing" long enough for SB to determine what kind of case has been built against his client. There's not a single person, short of the interviews that Cassie has given in the last couple of days, urging BL to come forward or desperately seeking the public's help in locating him.

Second Edit - Added in 911 calls from The Sun report. If anyone has an actual list of the incidents with more details, that would be great.

Anyone have a copy who could check out page 103? Could be a stopping point or that page could be in the photo because it contained something BL was interested in. IMO.

You can see from the point of view that Brian is not reading this book because he is in the background. It is most likely Gabby, as it is her tiktok. In any case, I refuse to pass any judgement on someone because they have an interest in true crime.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-131024.png
    Screenshot_20211006-131024.png
    492.1 KB · Views: 90
You can see from the point of view that Brian is not reading this book because he is in the background. It is most likely Gabby, as it is her tiktok. In any case, I refuse to pass any judgement on someone because they have an interest in true crime.

No judgement. I would bet many of us on this forum like true crime or we wouldn't be here. IMO.

I don't know. We could check to see if Floridians build bunkers like some of the other preppers do. If they do, it's possible IMO.
LOL …no we don’t build bunkers but we do use storage units due to lack of space. But our homes become bunkers when we close our hurricane shutters if a hurricane is approaching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288