Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the opposite time of day to all you peeps, so when I got on here today my head was just spinning.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21

1/2
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino now says Brian left for the hike on Mon Sept 13, not Tues Sept. 14 like parents originally said.

Full Bertolino statement:
"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...

2/2
with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

The Laundries were basing the date he left on their recollection of certain events! Huh, they didn’t know what date he left never to be seen again? What were those events?

‘There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics’.
This saying has a literal meaning. It suggests that statistics can be used to mislead even more than the worst form of untruth.

Attorney Steven Bertolino has clarified to @WFLAJosh that he represents Brian Laundrie and his parents Christopher and Roberta Laundrie.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1445442726284124160

This is the craziest case I’ve ever followed.
Agreed about how crazy this case is. I thought nothing would surprise me anymore, but the Laundrie's "confusion" over the timeline takes the cake!

I think Gabby’s biggest fear was failure. However, at this point in her life it was tied to abandonment by BL. From all accounts, she had spent the past year and a half planning and saving for this trip. Her dad spoke about it on Dr Phil. She seems to have been organized and focused. She saved the money, purchased her equipment and purchased the van. Her goal was about the be realized. She was sooo close. The one factor, out of her personal control, was BL. I’m going to hazard the guess that her parents laid down some law about her traveling alone. Everything else She needed to be successful was solely up to her, but she “needed” BL in that van. I think that is why she was frantic to keep her “team”. Additionally, of course, were the emotional ties and what she was going through about possibly realizing the relationship wasn’t what she thought it was. Coupling these two things together I’m sure made her terrified of him abandoning her.

BL on the other hand seemed to have iffy goals. My personal take on him is not allowed for discussion here. I will say however, that everyone continues to talk about what his movements were and hypothesize on why, or what were his intent, as if he thinks “normally”. I would hope we can at least acknowledge that there is an aberration here. IMO BL does not think like everyone else. I think BLs biggest fear was being exposed.

If BL's biggest fear was being exposed, then the Moab incident with LE would definitely be the game-changer. That was big time exposure, and I think it is the factor that changed everything. My opinion is that the trip back to Florida was related to his mental health and his parents encouraged it, and he went back under the guise of needing to empty the storage unit and get some things. Even though that may have been done, that was probably not the primary reason for this trip.

Completely agree. Hence my comments in other posts that IMO they had little to no real money (maybe a couple thousand in the bank), and they relied a lot on credit. Not all ‘healthy eating’ people are this way, but from my experience in the Boston vegan assoc and some animal rights groups, raw foods, etc., I met my share of very nice but often poor and sometimes quite wacky people. Some who were always trying to get a business off the ground, but it’s tough.

6 stimulus checks between them adds up to a pretty penny, plus anything they put aside if GP was indeed working 50 hours a week getting overtime.

They liked their restaurant meals while on the road…. This is not my idea of budget vanlife.
Were they eating or using the free wifi? I believe the incident at the Mexican restaurant was Brian being upset about the bill. I would like to know more about what they really had to spend and how they were spending it.

I am skipping around to catch up so I may have missed it - are there reports that BL has a criminal record or is this just speculation about why he may have returned?

If two F.B.I. agents approach you and immediately start asking questions in a seemingly friendly, relaxed manner, your telling a lie can lead to 1001 charges. And the lie does not need to be overt or complex; it can sometimes be falsely denying something or intentionally creating a misimpression. The fact that your discussion is not under oath – and that the agents haven’t said that lying to them may be a crime – does not absolve you of a criminal violation.

How Lying to the U.S. Government Can Land You in Jail | Insights | Holland & Knight

I wonder if there is an eventual trial, if text messages between GP and BL will come out. I can see BL being the type of person who, after a fight, is manipulatively calm over text and claims purposefully in writing that GP was at fault. Such as, after the DV incident, texting her that he “forgives” her or that he cannot believe she was so “out of control” or that “she hit him”. I think he’s smart enough to get “his side” in writing, to gaslight her and the world, even if her murder wasn’t premeditated. But doing that on a regularly basis. Because if he was concerned she’d run to her friend Rose or others and say “Brian is a bad guy” he’d have a recourse to say, no, Gabby is the crazy one! See, look how crazy she is and look I have proof!

It would be so interesting to see how they related to each other on text. If they had explosive long drawn out convos over text in that week he was home, or if their texts show just normal interactions. Or, if they don’t rly text at all.

I think Gabby’s biggest fear was failure. However, at this point in her life it was tied to abandonment by BL. From all accounts, she had spent the past year and a half planning and saving for this trip. Her dad spoke about it on Dr Phil. She seems to have been organized and focused. She saved the money, purchased her equipment and purchased the van. Her goal was about the be realized. She was sooo close. The one factor, out of her personal control, was BL. I’m going to hazard the guess that her parents laid down some law about her traveling alone. Everything else She needed to be successful was solely up to her, but she “needed” BL in that van. I think that is why she was frantic to keep her “team”. Additionally, of course, were the emotional ties and what she was going through about possibly realizing the relationship wasn’t what she thought it was. Coupling these two things together I’m sure made her terrified of him abandoning her.

BL on the other hand seemed to have iffy goals. My personal take on him is not allowed for discussion here. I will say however, that everyone continues to talk about what his movements were and hypothesize on why, or what were his intent, as if he thinks “normally”. I would hope we can at least acknowledge that there is an aberration here. IMO BL does not think like everyone else. I think BLs biggest fear was being exposed.

If BL's biggest fear was being exposed, then the Moab incident with LE would definitely be the game-changer. That was big time exposure, and I think it is the factor that changed everything. My opinion is that the trip back to Florida was related to his mental health and his parents encouraged it, and he went back under the guise of needing to empty the storage unit and get some things. Even though that may have been done, that was probably not the primary reason for this trip.
Looks like he does a bit of everything - The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C. - so it is quite possible that the L family has used him before - for example a real estate transaction, or other family legal bits and pieces. IMO, he will not be representing BL if he is ever found.

A lot of people use the same attorney over many years for various issues. That doesn't mean they are on retainer over the years, but that they are the family attorney for most issues that have come up. For example, we have used the same attorney over the last 10 years for real estate transactions, will preparation, notarizing various documents when needed (the staff do that for us since we are a regular client at this law firm), etc. We would be comfortable saying that he is our family attorney.

Were they eating or using the free wifi? I believe the incident at the Mexican restaurant was Brian being upset about the bill. I would like to know more about what they really had to spend and how they were spending it.

They clearly spent money on t-shirts from the various parks, new camping/van gear before the trip, and restaurants along the way, based on the photos and videos they posted. That would all look good in their SM posts, but would still cost money beyond the basic essentials.

MOO

If two F.B.I. agents approach you and immediately start asking questions in a seemingly friendly, relaxed manner, your telling a lie can lead to 1001 charges. And the lie does not need to be overt or complex; it can sometimes be falsely denying something or intentionally creating a misimpression. The fact that your discussion is not under oath – and that the agents haven’t said that lying to them may be a crime – does not absolve you of a criminal violation.

How Lying to the U.S. Government Can Land You in Jail | Insights | Holland & Knight
On one of the single digit threads someone said "do not even lie about what you had for breakfast". (Not sure who but chime in if it was you. ). It was actually quite witty, but drove home the point quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member