Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

ok....now you have me googling:

Crime of Passion
    Primary tabs
    In criminal law, a crime of passion is a crime committed in the "heat of passion" in response to provocation, as opposed to one that was premeditated or deliberated. Provocation serves as a partial defense to manslaughter because while it does not completely excuse the defendant of the killing, it can downgrade the degree of the crime, and therefore the associated punishment. The provocation defense serves to recognize that some reactions can be provoked spontaneously, without giving one the opportunity to reflect on his or her actions.

Crime of Passion | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

2. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

It depends on what agreement the client made at the beginning. A retainer may not last forever, but they would sign a contract up front specifying what the deal was. I am unclear what kind of retainer the Laundries may have with their attorney. (I'm not a lawyer, but my daughter is one. Our family has retained an attorney for a real estate matter involving inherited land.)

agilbe and kimch33kim like this.
  3. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

And yet he didn't think to ask what BL's reason for coming home without Gabby was? Bizarre

agilbe, gliving, Trooper and 2 others like this.
  4. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

Well that wouldn't surprise me since it was NPPD that wasn't keeping a eye on BL while he was suppose to be there at home. I can't remember his name or his title on that police force, but I remember him saying It's Not My Job, when questioned about how BL was able to slip away and no one watching his comings and goings.

It's Not My Job guy has cost his town and every le agency in this country millions of dollars when BL was able to slip away.

5. Okiruy

Okiruy Well-Known Member

6. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I begrudgingly like this post as it is accurate, relevant information.

I just want BL found. I was really hoping SOMETHING would happen today.

7. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

As someone who used to work in a coffee shop, it's not too crazy for someone to sit and work on their laptop for that length of time, especially if they are working on a project and need the wifi.

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

• The FBI are investigating 11 alleged sightings of Brian Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail close to the North Carolina-Tennessee border
    • Hiker Dennis Davis, 53, said he encountered Brian Laundrie on a deserted road close to a trail near the Tennessee border early Saturday morning
    • Davis, who was interviewed by the FBI on Wednesday afternoon, told DailyMail.com: 'They are definitely taking my information seriously.
    Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

FBI: Hitchhiker on US 158 not Brian Laundrie

jash, nyvictoria, agilbe and 13 others like this.
  9. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

My understanding was they were fighting over the keys to the van. He wanted to lock it up and both go for a walk in opposite directions to cool down. And maybe Brian was trying to grab the phone because she had hit him right above his eye with it. Two missing pieces of skin right above left eye. Good thing it was not his eye ball.

I wonder if LE will release the photos of their injuries.

agilbe, SouthAussie and tiara1972 like this.
  10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

He asked her numerous times if she discussed GP with him. MOO

agilbe and BellaVita like this.
  11. Jurisprudence

Prob using the wi-fi would be my guess. MOO

agilbe and makayla like this.
  12. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

What is the significance of Gabby being 3 blocks away from the FBI building?

13. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

"When Davis pointed out that he could take Interstate 40 the entire way, the man bizarrely revealed he would be sticking with the small, two-lane country road he was already headed along.

Deputies from the Haywood County Sheriff's Office spent two hours at the remote spot but only came across one vehicle which didn't match the description.

However Davis was invited to their office to speak again with two deputies as well as an agent from the FBI's Asheville field office.

'The agent played his cards pretty tight to his chest when I told him my story,' Davis told DailyMail.com afterwards."

jash, lastkiss, agilbe and 6 others like this.
  14. Jurisprudence

Maybe he's finally waking up to the mess he may have gotten himself into. MOO I think they all need separate counsel (parents each having their own), including CL (just to protect her own interests), and I think SB should immediately withdraw before he ends up needing an attorney himself. JMO IMO

15. PiperAria

PiperAria Active Member

you are correct. But it is also true that the “threat of abandonment“ and walking away can be used as a control tactic.
    sort of, “you are not acting the way that my ideal version of you should be acting, so I’m just going to leave until you decide to fix yourself.“ (conjecture)
    Unfortunately, unless he comes forward and speaks with 100% honesty, we will never know exactly what went on/goes on in his mind. My experience only/MOO
    (I will just add that I am sure I am not the only one who is more than a little wishful that we could have more insight)

16. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Friday, September 17, Brian Laundrie’s parents reported him missing. That night, deputy first class Steven Sella and K9 Copper went to work.

“We were the very first team to be called out for that due to the nature of the timeframe,” Sella said.

First, they went to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where Brian supposedly went for a hike Monday.

We get to the park and the entire parking lot, which is a dirt parking lot, is completely covered in water,” Sella said.

That was only the first of the challenges the team would face.

<modsnip - to meet 10% article copyright rules>
    Specialized K9 teams scour for signs of Brian Laundrie

carbuff, cass523, agilbe and 12 others like this.
  17. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve

Updated: Oct 6, 2021 / 05:59 PM EDT

SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — After several days of a more scaled-back search for Brian Laundrie at the Carlton Reserve, activity appeared to be ramping up Wednesday morning.

WFLA photojournalist Justin Rogers spotted several unmarked law enforcement SUVs heading into the Venice side of the nature reserve around 10:30 a.m. ET. This comes as the search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé – and the lone person of interest in her disappearance – enters its third week.

Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve | WFLA

UKUS, agilbe, Barbie619 and 3 others like this.
  18. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

He said that chopper 8 flew over for 30 minutes and saw no activity.

cass523, agilbe, samsmom and 3 others like this.
  19. Aglaia

Aglaia Active Member

They won’t be able to since they didn’t even bother documenting her injuries

20. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

agilbe and MassGuy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.