Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

And “he’s excited”?? So weird! It will be good for him to see all the work and money that this hunt has taken so far.

Warwick7, borndem, lowes123 and 11 others like this.

2. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I just got back to the thread so I’m trying to catch up. But wasn’t she working on the video? I feel like I remember that the video was posted sometime during that time or right after?

Satchie, agilbe and Mom24 like this.
  3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’ve followed countless missing persons cases - watched live during active searches - and this one? It’s “off” - something isn’t right IMO - I’m waiting

JMO

4. kolokolo

kolokolo Well-Known Member

Ay Caramba! LOL

5. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

I’m guessing BL’s father is seeing the handwriting on the wall after his own daughter spoke quite unfavorably about her parents and also asked BL to turn himself in. This is no doubt the unraveling of this family and their secrets. JMHO

Warwick7, Bertha96, MsArk and 16 others like this.
  6. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

Why were they looking for him if he told them he was out hiking? Also what were they driving because the red truck was in the driveway from at least 4pm on. Always the shenanigans with these folks.

Warwick7, catch_22, TTF14 and 6 others like this.
  7. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

The body cam videos are really, really hard to watch. The way BL manipulates each question and answer is very apparent to me. He is ever willing and vigilant to tell LE whatever 'truth' he thinks will present him in the best light. Even if it means contradicting himself which he did many times in the videos. Like a shapeshifter.
    I don't think I can watch them anymore.

A2FMNST, TTF14, agilbe and 8 others like this.
  8. fencicle

fencicle Active Member

Ha! :D You are right.

I said "make them look innocent" but what I didn't say was that I don't think he's good at that particular part. ;)

9. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this.

So North Port police requested this…not the FBI who I thought was taking charge of this search?

tiara1972, agilbe, scmom and 2 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

You're right. The article appeared for me briefly before a paywall appeared.

Allegedly, a detective did ask for his assistance. This strikes me as incredibly unusual.

Warwick7, catch_22, MsArk and 16 others like this.
  11. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think he has no idea what’s going on?
    I can’t imagine being his parents!

agilbe, Trooper and fencicle like this.
  12. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Hope they put some cameras in/near the restrooms.

agilbe and Laughing like this.
  13. mommacass

mommacass Verified family member

I so agree. It's like everything is a word salad bowl. Makes no sense.

Warwick7, MsArk, A2FMNST and 10 others like this.
  14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of slain van life blogger Gabby Petito, has arguably become the most wanted man in America after slipping into hiding following reports of her disappearance on Sept. 11.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

Still, experts have raised questions about how long Laundrie could survive outdoors, with life as a wanted man more difficult than outdoor hobbyist.

jash, catch_22, Coquette and 6 others like this.
  15. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

The photo of Brian's bedroom was taken in 2017 or 2018 years BEFORE he got together with Gabby. Remember they have only been together 2 years. They were engaged in 2020 and called it off and still dating in 2021.

agilbe and Midgie2 like this.
  16. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

I believe it is because the warrant lists him as something of a danger, his behavior may be a public risk, and it would add total chaos to this already confusing case. JMO>

tiara1972, Trooper and MassGuy like this.
  17. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

"So putting out a plea publicly and getting scrutiny for that is not necessarily in their best interest."
    Uh huh.

Warwick7, catch_22, agilbe and 2 others like this.
  18. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

If anyone is stuck behind a paywall, here is the text of the article:

Brian Laundrie's father has agreed to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for his son, the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

Bertolino said the detective on the case initially wanted Christopher Laundrie to help in the search Wednesday, but police wanted to focus on a specific area of the reserve and thought it "would be better if Chris wasn’t there."

<modsnip- snipped to comply with 10% copyright rules>

By Nicole Fullernicole.fuller@newsday.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2021
    Warwick7, TRB, borndem and 19 others like this.
  19. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I am waiting till their lawyer steps in front of a mike. I dont even know what he looks like.

20. cady

cady Well-Known Member

He's excited to get away from mum. jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.