Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Petito's attorney suggest the BL may have flown to Florida after Gabby passed away, using HER card? Then flew back to recover her van and drive it to Florida? ( did someone fly with him to recover her van) Could this account for the large amounts charged to her card in a short period of time?
My own confused theory.

Yes.
Brian Laundrie used Gabby Petito's bank card in the days after she was last seen alive, the lawyer for Petito's family said on the "Dr. Phil" show Tuesday.

"He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police," said the Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/natio...petitos-credit-card-to-escape-back-to-florida

I've been catching up on the thread, and sat here thinking about BL's family, especially his parents. It's easy to find them despicable. Their actions appear cold hearted and evil, maybe even criminal.

Then I sat here and wondered how people could be this cruel, and are they? Or, is this a situation where they desperately love their son, panicked, and made some very bad decisions that they don't know how to undo or fix.

I don't know the answer to the question I pose, but I do know that the only answer for this couple is to come forth with humility and courage, and speak the truth. It is the only real path forward. I pray that they have this insight and do the right thing for themselves, and their family.

Even though I find it difficult to do so, I am sincerely going to pray for them.

Amateur opinion and speculation
You’re right. I’m in.

This would be a great letter to send them. You never know what might make a difference at this point. Jmo.

Lol. I can see a follow up statement tomorrow about "wires being crossed," and the attorney saying that law enforcement doesn't want his client's help, but he is willing to assist in any way he can.

I find this to be incredibly dubious.
Exactly, no way law enforcement is going to have a potential witness participate in a search

Last edited:
I almost feel like BL's sister used the term "mediocre" when she actually meant something else. Because she says that in the same sentence as "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time." Those two things just seem kinda contradictory. JMO. Like either she just used the wrong term (on the spot in an interview, I know I can get tongue tied or nervous and do that in awkward situations) or she actually thought it meant something better/good.
I agree! I think she meant to say “intermediate” or something similar. Just speculation MOO.

Yes.
Brian Laundrie used Gabby Petito's bank card in the days after she was last seen alive, the lawyer for Petito's family said on the "Dr. Phil" show Tuesday.

"He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police," said the Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/natio...petitos-credit-card-to-escape-back-to-florida
But nothing about flying back to FL (after her death). “"He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police," said the Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford.”

Certainly, it was unlikely to have been fun times in those few days after Moab, getting stopped and almost arrested by police is a pretty upsetting experience for most people, I know I wouldn't be able to just shake that off and go right back to being kooky fun travellers, taking photos of everything and posting it on insta.

She seems to have been preoccupied with finishing her 8 min video that would launch the youtube channel, and she did complete that and upload it while in SLC. That is a very long video, I know from personal experience it can take months for even experienced professionals to complete something that long, with so much care and attention as she put into it, trying to make it perfect, ie endless edits.

She also wanted to launch the website, and linked to it from the intro on the youtube channel, but it never was finished. So, she had a few days in SLC, where it didn't get it done. I don't know whether she had all the technical skills and tools she needed, but I would also guess this was procrastination caused by self-doubt, confusion about the future, mulling over what had gone wrong, worry, etc.

Just for the record, and nothing against GP (she was just a beginner, after all), but most vanlifers put out at least one video a week and some do more if they are piling up a lot of video do to doing lots of cool stuff. Video are usually 20-30 minutes as well since there is more money in those. I think over time and experience they might have gotten a few followers because she is white, blond, cute, cheerful, adventurous and generally heartwarming. And he was the soft spoken, rock hopping, adventuress type with the counter culture opinions and devotion to his girl. But that coupling is pretty played out in the vanlife influencer spectrum. Might get them 20-30k followers if they were really lucky. To get more you have to have been an early entry into the vanlife channels or be doing some spectacular stuff.

Sarasota County sheriff's office says it's been asked to help look for Laundrie at nature reserve - CNN

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was asked to help Wednesday morning in the search for Brian Laundrie at a Florida nature reserve, the office said.

Aerial video recorded above the Carlton Reserve showed police vehicles in the area.

Steven Bertolino, an attorney for Laundrie's parents, confirmed to CNN that authorities are communicating with him about any developments, but said he was otherwise unable to comment.

North Port police confirmed Wednesday that an abandoned vehicle notice was placed on a Ford Mustang belonging to the Laundrie family outside the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on September 14.

Myakkahatchee park is an entrance to the Carlton Reserve.

Bertolino told CNN on Wednesday that Laundrie's father, Chris, went to look for him on the night of September 13 when he didn't return from the park.

The next day, on September 14, both of Brian's parents returned to the area to look for Brian and saw the citation on the car, Bertolino said.

The parents returned again the next day, September 15, to retrieve the vehicle.

According to the lawyer’s statement in this article:

September 13

•Brian tells his parents he is going for a hike in the preserve.
•Brian doesn’t return to his parent’s house
•Brian’s father drives to the nature preserve to look for him
-assuming he did not find Brian.
-Did his father see the Mustang parked there on the 13th?

September 14
•Brian’s father and mother drive to the nature preserve to look for him again
•His parents see the Mustang and find a citation on the vehicle.

September 15
•Brian’s parents return to the nature preserve again
•The Mustang is retrieved

September 17
•parents report Brian missing

Questions:
•Did Brian’s father see the Mustang parked at the preserve on the night of the 13th?
•Did his parents look for Brian on the 15th as well? Or did they just go to retrieve the Mustang?
•Why did they wait until the 17th to report him missing?
•How long did they look for him on the 13-14th?
•Were his parents aware he left his wallet and (especially) his phone at home?
IF NOT, Are there phone records that show the parents attempting to call him?

To Note: (questions are based on merely using and go off the info provided from the article, not my personal opinion on what I think may or may not have happened.)

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21

I have taken the neighbors' side since the start. As someone who's lived in NYC all my life, in a high rise building with next door neighbors on all sides, and on a busy street, I'm accustomed to ambient noise but would lose my mind if someone were shouting through a bullhorn all day.

That said, IMO this is outrageous. I grasp in every way that they've been disturbed by the media and protestors and that this is their property. But $3500 a week means that someone somewhere is considering Gabby's death as their lucky day. It's JMO but it burns me that anyone should reap such a profit from this tragedy.

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21

Wow, that's great! Hats off to their hoping ! That's normal.

What is the significance of Gabby being 3 blocks away from the FBI building?
I wondered what significance it was too, then I remember an interview from MSM a woman mentioned the FBI was across the street from the coffee shop internet cafe, and the lady said they have cameras that might have captured something. So perhaps the significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304