Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scmom

scmom Well-Known Member

Hmm. This augmentation after consultation with the FBI seems more like a little more cooperation after being caught in a lie to me.

DeDee, Ruminations, SuziQ and 9 others like this.

2. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Brian Laundrie used Gabby Petito's bank card in the days after she was last seen alive, the lawyer for Petito's family said on the "Dr. Phil" show Tuesday.

"He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police," said the Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/natio...petitos-credit-card-to-escape-back-to-florida

Warwick7, DeDee, Thora_Jay and 7 others like this.
  3. Okiruy

Okiruy Well-Known Member

jash, Blue Amethyst, agilbe and 4 others like this.
  4. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

You’re right. I’m in.

This would be a great letter to send them. You never know what might make a difference at this point. Jmo.

5. kolokolo

kolokolo Well-Known Member

If LE is lucky, a big IF, they can catch both of them at the same time.

6. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Exactly, no way law enforcement is going to have a potential witness participate in a search

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  7. RondaKaye

RondaKaye Member

I agree! I think she meant to say “intermediate” or something similar. Just speculation MOO.

lastkiss, thistle, catch_22 and 6 others like this.
  8. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

My guess would be they know or strongly suspect he's dead and having the mother there wouldn't add anything.

9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

But nothing about flying back to FL (after her death). “"He ran, he stole her credit card, he used her credit card to get home, and then ran from the police," said the Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford.”

10. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Just for the record, and nothing against GP (she was just a beginner, after all), but most vanlifers put out at least one video a week and some do more if they are piling up a lot of video do to doing lots of cool stuff. Video are usually 20-30 minutes as well since there is more money in those. I think over time and experience they might have gotten a few followers because she is white, blond, cute, cheerful, adventurous and generally heartwarming. And he was the soft spoken, rock hopping, adventuress type with the counter culture opinions and devotion to his girl. But that coupling is pretty played out in the vanlife influencer spectrum. Might get them 20-30k followers if they were really lucky. To get more you have to have been an early entry into the vanlife channels or be doing some spectacular stuff.

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Sarasota County sheriff's office says it's been asked to help look for Laundrie at nature reserve - CNN

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was asked to help Wednesday morning in the search for Brian Laundrie at a Florida nature reserve, the office said.

Aerial video recorded above the Carlton Reserve showed police vehicles in the area.

Steven Bertolino, an attorney for Laundrie's parents, confirmed to CNN that authorities are communicating with him about any developments, but said he was otherwise unable to comment.

North Port police confirmed Wednesday that an abandoned vehicle notice was placed on a Ford Mustang belonging to the Laundrie family outside the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on September 14.

Myakkahatchee park is an entrance to the Carlton Reserve.

Bertolino told CNN on Wednesday that Laundrie's father, Chris, went to look for him on the night of September 13 when he didn't return from the park.

The next day, on September 14, both of Brian's parents returned to the area to look for Brian and saw the citation on the car, Bertolino said.

The parents returned again the next day, September 15, to retrieve the vehicle.

According to the lawyer’s statement in this article:

September 13

•Brian tells his parents he is going for a hike in the preserve.
    •Brian doesn’t return to his parent’s house
    •Brian’s father drives to the nature preserve to look for him
    -assuming he did not find Brian.
    -Did his father see the Mustang parked there on the 13th?

September 14
    •Brian’s father and mother drive to the nature preserve to look for him again
    •His parents see the Mustang and find a citation on the vehicle.

September 15
    •Brian’s parents return to the nature preserve again
    •The Mustang is retrieved

September 17
    •parents report Brian missing

Questions:
    •Did Brian’s father see the Mustang parked at the preserve on the night of the 13th?
    •Did his parents look for Brian on the 15th as well? Or did they just go to retrieve the Mustang?
    •Why did they wait until the 17th to report him missing?
    •How long did they look for him on the 13-14th?
    •Were his parents aware he left his wallet and (especially) his phone at home?
    IF NOT, Are there phone records that show the parents attempting to call him?

To Note: (questions are based on merely using and go off the info provided from the article, not my personal opinion on what I think may or may not have happened.)

12. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Wait, are you suggesting the Laundries and their attorney would lie? *insert dripping sarcasm*
    I agree, I think we'll hear from LE tomorrow that there was never an offer for CL's assistance.

PhoneJockey, Laughing, LRinCA and 5 others like this.
  13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

They "looked" for the Mustang, maybe for a few hours, but then, they may have known exactly where it was. jmo

DeDee, Laughing, ThoughtFox and 2 others like this.
  14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21

jash, catch_22, Warwick7 and 26 others like this.
  15. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

I have taken the neighbors' side since the start. As someone who's lived in NYC all my life, in a high rise building with next door neighbors on all sides, and on a busy street, I'm accustomed to ambient noise but would lose my mind if someone were shouting through a bullhorn all day.

That said, IMO this is outrageous. I grasp in every way that they've been disturbed by the media and protestors and that this is their property. But $3500 a week means that someone somewhere is considering Gabby's death as their lucky day. It's JMO but it burns me that anyone should reap such a profit from this tragedy.

16. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

Wow, that's great! Hats off to their hoping ! That's normal.

17. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Ooohm, jash, catch_22 and 20 others like this.
  18. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

jash, Warwick7, whulfc86 and 13 others like this.
  19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Every reaction by the family of BL is in anticipation of something new uncovered IMO
    Somethings coming out showing them in a very bad light? …. JMO

20. Backhoe411

Backhoe411 Active Member

I wondered what significance it was too, then I remember an interview from MSM a woman mentioned the FBI was across the street from the coffee shop internet cafe, and the lady said they have cameras that might have captured something. So perhaps the significance.

jash, razzledazzle, whulfc86 and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.