Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he going to help, seriously? He has no tracking skills. Maybe they just bring him out there and waterboard him till they get the info they want. Obviously none of this is going to happen bc it makes no sense.

Could it be similar to a seige where a loved one comes in to coax and negotiate him coming out?

When taken into full context, I don't think the word "excited" is inappropriate. If he truly wanted to assist in the search for his son, and hasn't been allowed to, he probably would be excited to help.
and it also isn't necessarily CL's wording - but rather the attorney who has proven to not quite have the best display of wording. imo

It's impossible to imagine how deep their grief is, & how fortunate it is that the Bethunes caught the footage of the van & they did get to recover Gabby. (& that she was found in a timely enough manner that it seems COD could be determined). GP's family would still be in this total heartbreaking darkness without those good samaratins.

It is a blessing for GP's family for sure, but this is starting to grow into an urban legend. The youtubers "Red, White and Bethune" are not the reason her body was found. It was the first time, at least for anyone outside LE, that there was video evidence of the van parked at Spread Creek. LE already had witness statements of where the van was parked and were already searching the Spread Creek area on Friday, Sep 17th. The Bethune's saw that coverage and searched their video footage the following night (Saturday night), notified LE and then uploaded the video on Sunday September 19th, the day her body was found.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

For an amateur hiker from NY to stay in the Carlton Reserve without help...

Unless, he brought enough canned food for a month or someone is regularly dropping food off at the perimeter of the Carlton...

Food resources would be limited because he can't light a fire to cook. He would be spotted, easily. It's unlikely, he has anything other than a knife. The sound of a gun shot would carry for miles out there and would be heard at neighboring ranches.

BL is likely to be suffering from trench foot. Therefore, unlikely to be walking around in good condition.

IMHO...He isn't out there.

For one thing, he is a fugitive, not a missing person. They may be trying to soften his dad up by separating him from his wife, though.. they are a stoic team together, and maybe dad wants to start talking. Possible, but we shall see. They might have sort of assented to the suggestion of the lawyer that CL wants to
help", knowing that FBI would probably not agree to it. jmo

Thank you for replying. My Granddaughter and I have been talking about this, fugitive, suspect, missing person and person of interest. My granddaughter says BL is a fugitive, I agree. BL is a fugitive in regards to the "money" issue, right? But as far as the death of Gabby is he a suspect, missing person, or person of interest? Thank you responding.

Could it be lawyer SB receives his info from CL pere, not from police...? And CL pere is going ever so slightly off his head?

He has professional obligations not to, to put it succinctly, be a hand puppet.

And he has every right and duty to say "I'm not going to go out there with lies I know to be lies.". These statements of his are his own judgment call.

this is great! Maybe you could add where the parked mustang was found???

It's my understanding that the Mustang was found at/near the entrance to the park (on the west side of the reserve), however I can't swear to that and don't, at this time, have any verification as to the exact location. The abandoned vehicle report is redacted so that does not help. The report does say "Body Worn Camera Used" so perhaps, in time, that info might be released but I'm not holding my breath as FBI have the case now. As soon as we have any confirmation, I will definitely do a map update including where the Mustang was found. :)

Attachments

• NP Abandoned vehicle 9.14.2021 pg 1.png
    NP Abandoned vehicle 9.14.2021 pg 1.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 15
Is making your clients and your representation of them look foolish (and perhaps worse) a known legal strategy?

No. It can definitely be a legal strategy to play dumb and not disclose what you know. You are completely within your rights to say nothing and see what the other side really knows and then respond only to what is being disclosed to you. I think that's often a good strategy.

But I'll say I've never seen or heard of a strategy that involved intentionally making bizarre statements to the press. I have seen people get tripped up and say the wrong things (which is why you're often better not saying anything at all to the press!)

It's my understanding that the Mustang was found at/near the entrance to the park (on the west side of the reserve), however I can't swear to that and don't, at this time, have any verification as to the exact location. The abandoned vehicle report is redacted so that does not help. The report does say "Body Worn Camera Used" so perhaps, in time, that info might be released but I'm not holding my breath as FBI have the case now. As soon as we have any confirmation, I will definitely do a map update including where the Mustang was found. :)

The address where the vehicle was found is not redacted and if you google it, it's the entrance to the park that abuts the Reserve. The links are all upthread. jmo

What in THEE heck. I've been on SB's case since his first words, but even I am agape at how wrong, how irresponsible, and how quickly, flatly, and fully rejected by LE this was. I'm struggling to think how am attorney could get this so wrong.

Not going to speculate on the various endemic issues that are particularly high in the lawyer population, but I can't figure where this could have come from. Even if some NPPD detective was trying to float an idea, saw interest from SB, but then ran it up the pole, got smacked down, and came back to tell SB "scratch that" in a face-saving way, SB should have known better than to run with it publicly, for many reasons. The quickness and absoluteness of the NPPD statement could also be self-serving, but it points up how ludicrous it was for SB to believe or state it.

But congrats, Steve, now you've made it clear beyond all doubt that LE cannot trust you with anything.

MOO I know this is a LE friendly site, but no organization is a hive mind. I can see a scenario where a detective might have been trying to get the father away from the mom (if she is the one controlling the strings) and said something like, "why don't you just come out and show me a few spots you knew he particularly liked so we can keep an eye out for places like that." With no intention of making it a big ordeal. But then someone says, "Hey, I'll go with you. I got some questions I'd like to wring out of that SOB. " And it took off like a steamroller and the lawyer flaps his fleshy fingers,. But then someone with some brains says, "Hey, what are you nitwits doing! You can't take that guy out there." Man, we got to get ahead of this, where the heck is Josh? Taylor, get out there and shut this rumor down. Now!

It's just so bizarre. The only thing I can think of is that CL or RL are really driving the train and the lawyer just does what they ask rather than counseling them on why this may be inappropriate.

Because there is NO ONE sitting there waiting for the attorney to make a statement (except us). It's not part of a normal investigation or representation or even civil litigation. So it just confuses me how this became a regular part of this case.

Sometimes you see really famous plaintiff lawyers participate in a defense and they are making statements from the courthouse steps. It's because that is what they are used to doing so they continue doing it. But for the remaining 99.99% of attorneys, repeated public statements are just not part of the job.

Thank you, so so strange. . Not much is making sense, scratching our heads and rubbing our temples over here. Seems like a lot of obfuscating statements disguised as clarifications and enlightenments, so distracting...

Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

'It was in an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there...There was a clearing where I would assume - knowing I have a similar tent, where I would place my tent - and that opening would face out overlooking the mountain range.'

“A similar tent”…? Is he saying “one similar to the one Gabby had, or…? Sorry, just wondering if the writer gave it odd context or if he was somehow referring to something with which she was found (giving evidence that GP and BL had set up camp there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member