Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of Brian Laundrie search, source says - CNN

There's also this one that explains better what the purpose was for asking him to assist and the reason that it was delayed.

BBM -
    "Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone."

ETA: The "discovery" was the campsite they found.

2. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Echos of my father....."This is MY house........" (meaning you follow the rules of the house/family, or leave). I should soften that up, just that if it extends to what the Laudries appear, IMO, to let BL get away with....I don't think I'd be covering for him.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  3. Rotten apple

Rotten apple Well-Known Member

I feel like today may not be a very productive day at home for me! So much to try and catch up on, and waiting for activity at the preserve or campground. Wonder what will become of CL’s possible “assistance “ in the investigation?

4. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

OMG bawling my eyes out while listening to her (step) father talking about a seeing the rainbow and a bald eagle circling above the area that she was ultimately found!

Dr. Phil part 2

5. willyengland

willyengland Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, why LE was so certain that BL is in the reserve from early on.
    I haven't read anything in this regard.

A2FMNST, Cinna, silverau and 6 others like this.
  6. A2FMNST

Same for me over here…my kiddo is at school so I’m adulting again.

tiara1972 and Bravo like this.
  7. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I've noticed a private aircraft N27DJ circling over the reserve this am. Looking at previousflights. it's been in the area two days, only flight are over the reserve. Private owner.

N27DJ Flight Tracking and History 07-Oct-2021 - FlightAware

Only other aircraft is Sky Aviation, probably a news helicopter.

Moo..

8. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

I agree with your post. Being a parent is very much by the skin of your teeth kinda stuff. You try and do your best in the circumstances and at that time. IMO many parents would change many decisions they have made in regard to their child/children.

9. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

RSBM
    How do you accidentally strangle someone? Strangulation is an ultimate form of power and control where the offender can demonstrate control over the victim’s next breath, and it prevents the victim crying out. Brain death happens in about 4+ minutes.

10. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

However it is completely within their power to answer the P family's phone calls when the L's son returns back to the home without GP. If GP lived in my house and my son returned from a cross country trip without her, I would be calling GP to see if she's ok and I would be on the phone with her family asking what I can do to help and give them whatever information I had. They failed to do any of that. IMO.

arich24, sonjay, kebdal23 and 5 others like this.
  11. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

In case people missed it:

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

12. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

As I recall, early reports state that "intelligence" led them to search there. I doubt they would publicly state what that intelligence is. Everything I have seen indicates to me that they are sure he is there (meaning apparently ignoring all the various sightings and so forth), but I doubt we will ever find out why they believe that unless/until this comes to trial. JMO

13. A2FMNST

He had already violently grabbed her face and hit her. We have it on body cam.

Strangling is up close and personal and takes time. If manual strangulation it’s no accident.

14. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Is this a new factoid (from above link): "Phone records show her cell had been turned off since about Aug. 27." ??

TL4S, A2FMNST, Nikynoo and 1 other person like this.
  15. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s been a mystery. Especially because local LE searchers had said that the Carlton reserve search had been “exhausted” — only to have FBI come in for extremely intense, expensive, high tech searches spanning 2 weeks. And going several times to the Laundrie home to collect evidence. Now asking the father to assist. There has to be good reason for it all.

elliefant, Nikynoo, TL4S and 5 others like this.
  16. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

No, not new.

The message (on Aug 27th) is the last known communication anyone had with Petito, and following the exchange, her cellphone ceased being operational ....
    Petito's cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days as of Friday, the warrant said.

Gabby Petito's mother said the final text she received from her daughter's phone was 'odd' and concerning, according to search warrant
    Sep 21, 2021

elliefant, silverau, SMK777 and 4 others like this.
  17. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Gabby's stepfather visited her death scene in Wyoming and described it being in a clearing near a fire ring during the family interview on TV with Dr. Phil. Gabby Petito's father says he wants Brian Laundrie found alive - CNN

ShadyLady, Nikynoo, SMK777 and 3 others like this.
  18. sjinnj

sjinnj Well-Known Member

19. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I say we strap on some hiking boots, hand them a bottle of water and set them out deep inside the preserve. Let them go for it. o_O

CarmelEyesD, Roselle65, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  20. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

So where did the Aug. 30th, "Yosemite" text originate? Are they talking Friday, Sept. 15th? That would mean cell was after after the 30th.

tiara1972, Nikynoo, silverau and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.