Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither! At first I thought I must be unobservant or need new glasses. But I’ve watched & watched & taken rapid-fire screenshots of the footage- even the slow-mo one & I CANNOT SEE THAT VAN DOOR IN ANYTHING BUT THE CLOSED POSITION. Maybe there’s an edited messed-with version out there to look this way? I see no evidence of a van door closing in the official RW&B footage. Jmo, moo etc.

Same, I watched it multiple times, including in super slow-mo with markers showing me where to look and STILL didn't see anything lol. That said, I rarely see what others in these threads and SM do.

BBM
I was a juror on a murder trial. You should be very worried. From jury misconduct to not following the rules of law given by the judge to talking about the case to deciding the guilt of the defendant before all the evidence was heard. I won't get into the bullying and name calling. It was probably one of the worst experiences of my life and I work in the legal profession.

Yikes.

I served on a murder jury once too. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as your experience. And the defendant certainly seemed to be guilty to me based on the evidence presented. But when the "jury deliberation" phase starts with a juror saying (actually he was the foreman and there was some bullying there) "We all know he must have done it or else the police would not have arrested him" you gotta worry.

If BL goes to trial, I hope he gets a fair shake.
JMO

If someone else did it, why didn't Brian go to authorities? Surely the evidence would tell the story, right?
IF Brian knew what happened and didn't think or was under the impression that Gabby left with someone else or others, it makes sense that he wouldn't have a clue to contact authorities.

Someone sent a text to mom on the 30th. That same someone could have texted a story to Brian, too. We just don't know. If Brian did know, (which WE don't know) it is very hard to justify his actions. Very hard. Too many unknowns. MOO!!!

Last edited:
There's a simple enough, plausible explanation for the Yellowstone message that nobody seems to take into account. It's not unreasonable that people who travel and frequently talk about travel, camping, etc, would have frequently typed the names of other popular locations. Well, our phones learn our patterns. And so it's not outside the realm of reality for someone just sending a quick text to type out a "Y" and hit send without realizing that predictive text said Yellowstone, not Yosemite. The two words look similar enough if you're not paying attention. Remember it's only speculated that Gabby was dead before that message was sent, but none of us actually know that.

MOO.

But the text was talking about Stan. Gabby would not have called her grandpa that. I bet BL would though.

They could have said anything tho. Everyone knew that he was the last one with her. If they would have just said something, it would have saved a lot of suspicion on them. IMO.

My point is they aren't worried about suspicion because they knew she was dead and was hoping she wouldn't be found. Telling where he parked the van that weekend would bring about that outcome. So, any suspicion they avoided would return as a tidal wave then.

I think the problem here is people are saying 'aha, if they had spoken up, people wouldn't think they were guilty. So since they haven't spoke up, then they are guilty." and I am skipping the first part and just saying that they are guilty and giving a reason why, being guilty, they wouldn't have spoken up. And people are confusing that as me saying they aren't guilty.

How is bank fraud "gaming the system" if he's guilty of it as well? I consider him dangerous after learning of how he confronted staff at the Merry Piglets restaurant. We don't know if he's armed...

If they wouldn't have arrested him for it under normal circumstances, imo, they shouldn't be able to use it as a "technique" to get a warrant. And I don't think that just in this case. jmo

Yes, we hope that's the way it works. I thought I'd made my belief in the system quite clear. Maybe not.

On WS there isn't a presumption of innocence, of course. There doesn't need to be. But when posters say things similar to "if I was on the jury I'd convict" or "BL could be innocent if I was on the jury only if he proved x, y, z" I DO worry about our jury system. Don't you?
JMO

yes I apologize
I deleted that post after realizing I misunderstood what I was replying to
it was my mistake

Same, I watched it multiple times, including in super slow-mo with markers showing me where to look and STILL didn't see anything lol. That said, I rarely see what others in these threads and SM do.
I rarely do, either, and I didn't see the van door closing until one specific video with good close-up zoom. It was unmistakable then. Does anyone have that link?

Edit: Thanks @khaki !

My theory is that, if Brian didn't do it, he didn't know she was dead and thought she took off. That's why I was interested in how far away Gabby's body was from the van and how hard it was to find her. I think the only possible explanation for this other than he killed her is that he thought she left, for whatever reason, didn't come back, didn't answer her phone, etc. So he waited for a couple of days, looked around and didn't find her, and decided she wasn't coming back. jmo
I could maybe buy that if it weren't for the fake texts. That seals the deal for me that Brian knew she was dead.

Oh, I could definitely see this being too much for anybody closely involved. What's that song's lyrics "Mama, we are all crazy now"
Yeah! Quiet Riot!
They looked pretty chatty on their walk. How was Inside Edition able to get this footage?

Hmm...same way BL was in Moab.
To me, possible, but not probable. I think that Brian purposely typed Yosemite to mislead her mother into thinking that she'd made it to CA.
Yep totally! To throw off the search for any missing body.

I tend to agree with other posters who have said that he was mad at her for apologizing for him after he confronted the Merry Piglets restaurant staff. I think his domestic violence escalated and he killed her. It wasn't necessarily planned, and he didn't have a good plan once he'd done it.
The only thing is, they both were so apologetic to the Moab police officers who pulled them over. And GP said that BL was upset that their fight at Moab was so public. I don't know if I'd theorize he was mad at her for apologizing and took things to the next level because if it, because they seem like apologetic types of people. There was obviously a lot going on between them--too many things.

Not necessarily. There are quite a few people who did serious jail time and were later found to be innocent.
You only need to follow the Innocence Project to know that innocent people do get convicted and sent to jail. IMO if the evidence points to blunt force trauma and you are the boyfriend who just had a DV incident it is not farfetched to think investigators might have some tunnel vision. MOO

Is there any reason why police would need to find GPs or BLs actual phones? Would there be any information on the phones themselves that wouldn't be in iCloud/TikTok/Instagram/etc accounts that I assume law enforcement has already issued subpoenas for? MOO
Yes, massively more data: the actual content of text messages, potentially precise and continuous location data without having to go through the data providers and fishing for tower locations, a complete record of calls sent and received, usually a google search history eg "how to get away with murder", "how to kill your girlfriend", etc. Photos and video not posted online, and other data depending on the person's apps eg in one actual case, a diary of the murderous partner's thoughts about the ups and downs of the relationship, in another case, a fitness app that revealed the time of death and the victim's heart rate and movements prior to their death.

The only thing is, they both were so apologetic to the Moab police officers who pulled them over. And GP said that BL was upset that their fight at Moab was so public. I don't know if I'd theorize he was mad at her for apologizing and took things to the next level because if it, because they seem like apologetic types of people. There was obviously a lot going on between them--too many things.
And from my experience, she was a victim of domestic violence that was going to apologize for her abuser and blame herself. I don't see her in that video as being a domineering woman. He just calmly says "she's crazy". That''s not apologizing on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee